N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 05-25-2018, 06:31 PM

I double checked, that one is disconnected/very cleanly cut on the top end. I moved/bent it up a little bit but it didnít appear to be in a spot where it would make a connection. I did hear a buzzing noise for the first time while I had the hood open, based on Terryís response being related to that diode/boost solenoid and the other stuff I searched, I may have a bad one. The noise went away and it took several times to repeat it, but it was definitely there. Iíll try to swap that out and see where it goes.

**Update - The noise came back so unplugged it to verify the source and the noise went away immediately. Tried to recreate and nothing. I went out to mess with it a little, and now boost is a completely different animal. I'm actually getting higher boost than target which was unheard of for me before. Not sure if I reset something or maybe it just needed a wiggle, but both WOT logs showed far more boost than before, and over target. I'm running E25 with a high end IC so I'm not too worried about the boost numbers, but the behavior completely changed. Attached are the logs from after messing with the solenoid, one is a 3rd gear run, the other a 4th. This is with flashing back to stock BEF BTW, I will try this weekend with the PWG_RACE BEF again and see if the issue remains remedied.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-25 19_40_41.csv (5.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 2018-05-25 19_42_30.csv (6.9 KB, 77 views)

2013 IBM 335i
Dinan Intake, JB4+MHD, ER IC, **, CP, TIC

Last edited by 1stupidsailor; 05-25-2018 at 08:16 PM..
(#652)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stupidsailor
I double checked, that one is disconnected/very cleanly cut on the top end. I moved/bent it up a little bit but it didnít appear to be in a spot where it would make a connection. I did hear a buzzing noise for the first time while I had the hood open, based on Terryís response being related to that diode/boost solenoid and the other stuff I searched, I may have a bad one. The noise went away and it took several times to repeat it, but it was definitely there. Iíll try to swap that out and see where it goes.

**Update - The noise came back so unplugged it to verify the source and the noise went away immediately. Tried to recreate and nothing. I went out to mess with it a little, and now boost is a completely different animal. I'm actually getting higher boost than target which was unheard of for me before. Not sure if I reset something or maybe it just needed a wiggle, but both WOT logs showed far more boost than before, and over target. I'm running E25 with a high end IC so I'm not too worried about the boost numbers, but the behavior completely changed. Attached are the logs from after messing with the solenoid, one is a 3rd gear run, the other a 4th. This is with flashing back to stock BEF BTW, I will try this weekend with the PWG_RACE BEF again and see if the issue remains remedied.
FF is way too high drop it down to 100. And use this thread for future PWG ISO discussion. That's here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47223

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#653)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 05-30-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Hi

I would highly appreciate if someone could tell me what ROM version they have and what PWG map they are running.
My ROM version is 544911 so which PWG should I be using?
Its better just to try PWG1 & PWG2 & PWG3, because MHD won't let you flash the wrong file

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#654)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Trying to flash with BM3 so pretty sure it will hehe
Don't think it will work since MHD converts the file we post to the actual BIN for your car at flash time. I don't think BM3 does that and instead requires you start from your specific car's file. That's one of the various reasons we don't support it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#655)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 05-30-2018, 04:33 PM

Is there a good amount of power I am leaving on the table using the PWG ISO and Race 2 BEF with a full upgraded turbo and FBO set up? I would think these are optimized for the end user with a stock turbo.....I know more power for the pure turbo for given level of boost, but how much am I missing out on without a professional tune?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#656)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Is there a good amount of power I am leaving on the table using the PWG ISO and Race 2 BEF with a full upgraded turbo and FBO set up? I would think these are optimized for the end user with a stock turbo.....I know more power for the pure turbo for given level of boost, but how much am I missing out on without a professional tune?
Likely not much on the back end side, but on JB4 settings can be plenty to gain depending on the fuel and octane situation. Log of how its setup now?

Burger Motorsports

(#657)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 05-31-2018, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Likely not much on the back end side, but on JB4 settings can be plenty to gain depending on the fuel and octane situation. Log of how its setup now?
Thanks Terry,

Currently set up:
F series PWG using latest ISO FW and Race 2 BEF
93 fuel (I have access to e85 if I really want to get it)
FBO + Pure Stage 2, no fueling/supp fueling mods.

Attached are logs, one in fourth gear and fifth (the fifth gear I know is short, the fourth is better)

This was with a custom map 6 targeting 16.5 pSI and tapering to 14. I have since switched back to your Map 2 which looks like it targets 16 PSI.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-20 21_12_10.csv (29.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2018-05-23 06_31_39.csv (19.2 KB, 50 views)

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#658)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2018, 08:26 AM

Added the XDF files we used to the first post with the maps, which let you open the maps in TunerPro and make minor adjustments and poke around.

Burger Motorsports

(#659)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Thanks Terry,

Currently set up:
F series PWG using latest ISO FW and Race 2 BEF
93 fuel (I have access to e85 if I really want to get it)
FBO + Pure Stage 2, no fueling/supp fueling mods.

Attached are logs, one in fourth gear and fifth (the fifth gear I know is short, the fourth is better)

This was with a custom map 6 targeting 16.5 pSI and tapering to 14. I have since switched back to your Map 2 which looks like it targets 16 PSI.
Looking at the log I'd try going up to 18psi in the midrange, tapering to 16psi at redline, and evaluate it. In one run it "over boosted" to 20psi and fueling/timing looked OK in that range.

Once the target is set the tricky part with PWG is getting boost control perfected.

Burger Motorsports

(#660)
Old

Car: 2015 M3 F80
Default 05-31-2018, 08:43 AM

Has anyone been able to do the following through the MHD yet?

- Increase HP & Tq on the Sport Displays yet? I'm peaking the 480 that the stock gauges are set at and would like it to match more with my dyno output.

- GTS Trans Flash. Need to make sure it clamps down as hard as possible on the torque and hp I've gotten so far.

If any of you know how to get these done, please let me know. Or if you know where or which tables to adjust in the BEF using TunerPro, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

S55/F80/551whp/635ftlb torque

@m3ndeezee

F80/S55 | JB4 w/MHD | BMS Intakes | BMS WMI w/Stealth Tank | BMS Intercooler | D***P**** | NGK 2-steps cooler | E50-E85 | Remus Exhaust

Last edited by VF-1J; 05-31-2018 at 11:30 AM..
(#661)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 05-31-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Added the XDF files we used to the first post with the maps, which let you open the maps in TunerPro and make minor adjustments and poke around.
Amazing Terry !!

can you give some explanation

Such as where you see the AFR

BOOST

And other important data

Very interesting

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#662)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2018, 04:12 PM

I can't train you how to tune but there are some how-to threads floating around and the F chassis is similar to the E chassis on the flash end. TunerPro is easy to use.

Burger Motorsports

(#663)
Old

Default 06-01-2018, 05:19 AM

Any reason why trans temp and FP_L no longer display? Both are constant at 0, FP_H displays normally.

2013 IBM 335i
(#664)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-01-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Any reason why trans temp and FP_L no longer display? Both are constant at 0, FP_H displays normally.
Did this happen after you flashed the car?

Burger Motorsports

(#665)
Old

Default 06-01-2018, 03:29 PM

It happened after the initial flash and happens on both stock BEF and PWG_Race, so Iím guessing right after the MHD initial install. I can try to remove it completely to see if it goes back to normal but before I do all that again I wanted to see if there was something else.

2013 IBM 335i
(#666)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
N55 motors don't have a low fuel pressure sensor, the old signal there was unrelated and removed to avoid futher confusion.

Trans temp was removed then readded in the latest JB4 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#667)
Old

Default 06-01-2018, 04:47 PM

I have the latest firmware, trans temp was there before and disappeared with the MHD. FP_L registered on my previous logs including the latest update, usually around 115-120. I’m assuming I’d get a warning if there was an issue, but since I’m getting a S2 LPFP, I was curious. If it’s irrelevant I won’t worry about it, everything else looks great.

2013 IBM 335i

Last edited by 1stupidsailor; 06-01-2018 at 05:15 PM..
(#668)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Oh you are PWG... That's sort of the red-headed step child of of the F chassis. We'll get it back in the PWG ISO firmware soon!

Burger Motorsports

(#669)
Old

Default 06-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Oh you are PWG... That's sort of the red-headed step child of of the F chassis. We'll get it back in the PWG ISO firmware soon!
Tell me about it, I wish Iíd paid attention to that when buying. Are you referring to trans temp or is FP_L a thing on PWG?

2013 IBM 335i
(#670)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2018, 05:45 PM

Trans temp. The PWG cars also don't have a low fuel pressure sensor.

Burger Motorsports

(#671)
Old

Default 06-01-2018, 06:34 PM

pushing 17psi stock turbo n55 EWG pump gas 93 only.

what do u think?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-01 00_50_16.csv (9.2 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by 135idct; 06-01-2018 at 06:39 PM..
(#672)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 06-02-2018, 02:01 PM

Did something change in the new ewg race E revision? Car feels smoother for sure

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#673)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-02-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
pushing 17psi stock turbo n55 EWG pump gas 93 only.

what do u think?
Looks pretty good to me, a few timing drops here and there but nothing I'd really worry about.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#674)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins
Did something change in the new ewg race E revision? Car feels smoother for sure
I can't really keep track of the changes but it's easy to compare differences using tuner pro and the XDF files for those interested.

Burger Motorsports

(#675)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 06-05-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear
Not sure if this would be a question for you Terry, or Martial, but is there a way to code out the MAF sensor for those of us that run with it disconnected. The only reason my CEL light is on is the MAF being disconnected.
We're experimenting running mafless (flash only or stacked).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Select F series before reading codes, the higher the number/letter the newer the map.
Or read codes with MHD, it works directly and you can read the shadow codes as well.