N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1176)
Old

Car: Bmw 335
Default New to update ISO FW - 08-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Hi,Last night I just update my firmware to iso_11. Cut the diode, adjust PID 25, Gain 25, and auto shift reduction to 60. Also FF to 100.

If some can review my logs of map1. I have all the mods to use map2 just one to know if my car are ready on 93 oct.

How I know if I need to change my FF value? What I need to do to maintain throttle open almost open.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1st pull on (FF 100).csv (7.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 2 pull.csv (6.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 last pull .csv (7.2 KB, 51 views)

2013 N55 F30- PWG, JB4 ISO_11, CP, MEOW LESS PIPE, FMIC, STOCK TURBO, STOCK INTAKE. 93OCT.
(#1177)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2018, 11:07 AM

Log looks OK. Why would you want to maintain the throttle open? It's used to regulate boost, not regulate engine speed, in F chassis motors.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1178)
Old

Car: Bmw 335
Default 08-23-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log looks OK. Why would you want to maintain the throttle open? It's used to regulate boost, not regulate engine speed, in F chassis motors.
thanks, so you think it's not necessary to play with FF and base dutycycle.

2013 N55 F30- PWG, JB4 ISO_11, CP, MEOW LESS PIPE, FMIC, STOCK TURBO, STOCK INTAKE. 93OCT.
(#1179)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2018, 03:11 PM

No they will adjust themselves as needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1180)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 08-30-2018, 03:07 PM

Decided to move from MHD stage 2+ to JB4 + BMS BEF, these are my first logs. Did some pulls on map5 and then map2.

My car is an F30 N55 PWG 2013 FBO with NGK 95770 spark plugs gapped to 0.020 and running latest ISO Firmware on JB4 11_T3 and latest BEF map from 8/2/18

Used crappy pump fuel (the only one available in my country like 89 oct or less) + Torco octane booster (used 1 can for 5 gallons of gas)
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 20_35_09 (sport)Map_5.csv (16.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 20_33_31 (sport)Map_5.csv (11.5 KB, 55 views)
(#1181)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 08-30-2018, 07:48 PM

Could someone please take a look at my log and let me know if it's looking ok, I think it is, car pull so much stronger and smoother with the MHD and JB4 e85 BEF, Map 7 with e50ish. thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-29 12_19_46 JB4 e85 bef 2 thru 4.csv (8.9 KB, 49 views)

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#1182)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 08-31-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112
Could someone please take a look at my log and let me know if it's looking ok, I think it is, car pull so much stronger and smoother with the MHD and JB4 e85 BEF, Map 7 with e50ish. thank you
i am not an expert in reading logs but at the first of the pull your Fuel Pressure Dipped to 8 which cussed your AFR to to drop to 12.3 which is dangerous on the car

wait for terry to confirm

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#1183)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 08-31-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
i am not an expert in reading logs but at the first of the pull your Fuel Pressure Dipped to 8 which cussed your AFR to to drop to 12.3 which is dangerous on the car

Thank you, I'll wait to see what Terry says. Maybe I need to reduce my ethanol %

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#1184)
Old

Car: '09 BMW 335i
Default 08-31-2018, 06:50 AM

It dipped because of overboosting, no? Very short period of time too. Is that enough to casue damage?

F30 335i PWG AT l MHD Stage 2+ E30 l WMI l VRSF D.P l VRSF FMIC l VRSF C.P l FTP Outlet l FTP Inlet l GFB DV+ l OCC l NGK 97506 .020 l Stage 2 LPFP l Resonator Delete w/ Stock Muffler
(#1185)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 08-31-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami

If fuel pressure drops, then I would think the car would run lean and you'd see a higher AFR.

An AFR in the 12.5:1 area is expected in these cars under heavy load, i.e. WOT.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#1186)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquintana
Decided to move from MHD stage 2+ to JB4 + BMS BEF, these are my first logs. Did some pulls on map5 and then map2.

My car is an F30 N55 PWG 2013 FBO with NGK 95770 spark plugs gapped to 0.020 and running latest ISO Firmware on JB4 11_T3 and latest BEF map from 8/2/18

Used crappy pump fuel (the only one available in my country like 89 oct or less) + Torco octane booster (used 1 can for 5 gallons of gas)
You saw my other reply to you right? Set FF up to 100 and relog!

Burger Motorsports

(#1187)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112
Looks clean to me! Minor fuel pressure drop but not enough to worry about.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1188)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannypr24
thanks, so you think it's not necessary to play with FF and base dutycycle.
No boost targeting looks good. The PWG ISO firmware auto tunes duty bias for you, so you'd only have to scale FF. Generally a setting of 100 FF works well for most. If you are consistently under boosting after some adaption runs you could raise it a bit to say 115, and if over boosting consistently lower to say 85. But what happens is the individual duty bias values will learn up or down as you go to get boost on target over time.

Burger Motorsports

(#1189)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 09-04-2018, 12:38 PM

Could you explain the purpose of menu9 and menu10
(#1190)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Added menu9 in dash for base dutycycle, and menu10 in dash for pedal mapping. Default on menu9 is 1800rpm but experiment with higher values to get boost response on. Default on menu10 is 0rpm but we suggest playing with higher values to improve pedal response.
Used to set minimum wastegate dutycycle, and how aggressive the boost target is as a function of pedal input.

Burger Motorsports

(#1191)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 09-09-2018, 10:36 AM

Terry,

Can you provide a little insight as to the difference between the base duty cycle (the menu 9 you added) and the default wastegate position? Recommendations for default set up for a larger turbo? Should a default wastegate position be set lower if overboosting on tip in? I know the PWG is a PIA to control for boost...

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#1192)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 09-25-2018, 06:37 AM

My pedal response is getting sloppy with time in comfort mode. Am I tripping or something is going on. lol Do I need to reflash both, BEF and ISO. How menu 10 works to improve this? Default is 0 meaning what?

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#1193)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Terry,

Can you provide a little insight as to the difference between the base duty cycle (the menu 9 you added) and the default wastegate position? Recommendations for default set up for a larger turbo? Should a default wastegate position be set lower if overboosting on tip in? I know the PWG is a PIA to control for boost...
Base dutycycle is global, WGDC shall never fall below that value.

DWP is the default position of the wastegate when not under boost. Once you start making a little boost this setting is no longer active.

For larger turbos I'd have to see the log. Normally DWP can stay at 60-100 or whatever you prefer, doesn't matter much. But base duty cycle may need to be reduced if the wastegate is adjusted "tight" or raised if adjusted "loose".

Burger Motorsports

(#1194)
Old

Car: 2013 335i sportline
Default 09-25-2018, 02:29 PM

Terry, what symptoms would you look for to know if wastegate is loose or tight and would you change dwp up or down.

I too have issues with lazy throttle/boost during normal drivingn 0-3/8 or more throttle there’s no power/boost. Then you hit half throttle and bam boost hits like a train. This happened with Stock turbo and also is an issue on every jb4 I have seen. It’s so annoying and causes “boost lower than expected” code to pop up on dash when driving part throttle.

Can we have the boost be controlled directly from dme until a certain psi and then boost added past that. Even having Stock boost control but higher psi from jb4 would be 100 times better than how it is

Quote:
Base dutycycle is global, WGDC shall never fall below that value.

DWP is the default position of the wastegate when not under boost. Once you start making a little boost this setting is no longer active.

For larger turbos I'd have to see the log. Normally DWP can stay at 60-100 or whatever you prefer, doesn't matter much. But base duty cycle may need to be reduced if the wastegate is adjusted "tight" or raised if adjusted "loose".
(#1195)
Old

Default 09-25-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013sportline
I too have issues with lazy throttle/boost during normal drivingn 0-3/8 or more throttle there’s no power/boost. Then you hit half throttle and bam boost hits like a train. This happened with Stock turbo and also is an issue on every jb4 I have seen. It’s so annoying and causes “boost lower than expected” code to pop up on dash when driving part throttle.

Can we have the boost be controlled directly from dme until a certain psi and then boost added past that. Even having Stock boost control but higher psi from jb4 would be 100 times better than how it is
Pretty much same here in comfort mode normal driving. I have to push my pedal way deep like 65% to get boost going. Then drivertrain malfunction. In Sport+ manual it doesn't happen.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#1196)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2018, 04:54 PM

Log of the specific issue so we can see what boost target and pedal input is under that situation?

Burger Motorsports

(#1197)
Old

Default 09-26-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Log of the specific issue so we can see what boost target and pedal input is under that situation?
Here is mine today in the morning.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-26 09_39_39.csv (15.4 KB, 31 views)

(#1198)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2018, 09:30 AM

What is base dutycycle set to?

Burger Motorsports

(#1199)
Old

Car: 2013 335i sportline
Default 09-26-2018, 11:33 AM

I’ve sent you logs of when it does it and you don’t reply
(#1200)
Old

Default 09-26-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
What is base dutycycle set to?
Mine? Does it show in the log? Or it's on the hidden menu. I don't see it on the app which is what I use.