N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2010 E60/535i AT ó FBO+WMI
Default Battery registration?? JB4 nor MHD do it? - 01-04-2018, 08:19 PM

Neither the jb4 or mhd will register a new battery? Damn...

Do I need to buy Carly, etc type programmer for this?

// Radar //

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6/BEF) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 01-04-2018, 09:42 PM

I just changed my battery and used this to register it..

http://bimmersoftware.com/bmwlogger
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2018, 10:16 PM

We have the battery adaption reset in the JB4 menu system.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 01-05-2018, 09:55 AM

Are you changing out on a like for like basis?

If 'yes' then you just need to register. If 'no' then you need to change the battery type to the new one and register. Not exactly sure what the registration does though as the charging is done via a learned PID system so it should simply adapt - I'd guess the adaption reset in the JB4 does the same but quicker.

Software within the package used for coding (NCSExpert etc, which can be downloaded for free) plus the right cable can do both.

[SIZE="2"]UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT
[B]
JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s | KW3 Coilovers

Last edited by keyap; 01-05-2018 at 10:03 AM..
(#5)
Old

Default 01-05-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have the battery adaption reset in the JB4 menu system.
Really? I have the laptop version (Windows, but donít know which version of the software - prob about a year old) and also a version on my Android tab, for logging. I donít see it on either.

I hate always being the dumbass...

// Radar //

2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6/BEF) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#6)
Old

Default 01-05-2018, 11:24 AM

Well, I just had to buy a new battery for my e46, but we prob won’t be keeping that car for too much longer, so I was thinking about putting the new one in the e60 and putting the e60’s “old” battery in the e46 — assuming they are the same size which I think they are.

If that’s the case I’ll only have to register a new, same type battery in the e60.

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
Really? I have the laptop version (Windows, but donít know which version of the software - prob about a year old) and also a version on my Android tab, for logging. I donít see it on either.

I hate always being the dumbass...

// Radar //
It's an in dash option on menu 1.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 01-05-2018, 12:42 PM

I can attest that if you replace a very worn out battery with the same size and ah, you will need to register the new battery. I didn't register my new battery and I kept having weird electrical issues (radio not turning on, clock still losing time, etc) even with the new battery. After I used the jb4 to register it, all those issues are now gone.
(#9)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 01-05-2018, 01:14 PM

I think JB4 and MHD battery adaption reset methods work if the new battery is exactly the same as the old. Since it just tells it there's a new battery, and (assuming) doesn't reset the type, ah charging map, etc.

If going from flooded lead core to AGM, or vice versa, or if old battery is really worn out, you should use Carly, ISTA-D (Reingold), Ediabas Toolset32, or NCS Expert. I thought INPA could do it too but not sure.

See here for good info on this and options/steps:
https://bmw.***********.com/document...new-battery.6/

EDIT: url is masked ... not sure if there's an issue with posting links to the SS forum ... if so, Terry et al, my apologies.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#10)
Old

Default 01-12-2018, 12:52 AM

Update:
Turns out my battery 2as good but severely discharged. Surprised it kept starting the motor after seeing how bad it was. Even in itís discharged state it was still putting out over 896 CCA, and alternator is good too.
Whew.

My JB4 software must be too old for the battery reset:

Name:  78384E05-C645-419A-93D2-CDA3C77B19C8.jpeg
Views: 1043
Size:  35.9 KB