N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default No Fly Zone 11-4-17 Results, Photos, and Videos - 11-04-2017, 08:05 PM

Hey guys,

Back from a fun day of racing in Shafter airport. As usual, Tony Lopez setup a great event, weather was nice most of the day, and overall everyone had a blast. The BMW turnout was impressive too! Times below are mostly from dig runs (e.g. slightly longer than 1/2 mile).

In terms of the BMS crew:

Payam raced our PS2 E92 again (his single turbo car is STILL not done), and managed ~161mph at ~26psi. About what we expected for the setup and conservative tuning.

Jon raced our M5, and with the new JB4 S63TU twin bank boost control up and running, managed an impressive 169.8mph... So close to 170, but just couldn't get there today. Next time!

Jason raced our PS2 M3 and also set a personal best of 166mph in the car.

I switched between the Z06 and our Q50 development car, and managed a best of 163.7mph in the Z06. With more tuning effort I think the car has another 2-3mph in it but I was busy helping customers most of the day, so didn't get around to trying to optimize it.

Gilbert, our new employee, raced the Infinity JB4 only Q50 most of the day and ran a best of ~142mph. We also did a completely stock run at ~131mph. The bang for the buck out of those cars is amazing.

There was at least another 10-15 BMWs running. Wedge even came down from Oregon for the event. Since I'm barely able to remember everyone's name, no less their mods and best times, I'll let people chime in with their own results. But to give an overview a couple single turbo cars were in the 167mph range, an MMP hybrid setup ran 167mph, JB4 only M3 160mph, off the top of my head.

And of course you could tell there where a lot of N54s out racing based on the numbers of cars on jack stands, ramps, and/or plankes of wood trying to fix boost leaks and blown off chargepipes. At least 3 separate cars by my count.

I'll add more to the thread as time permits!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-04-2017, 08:17 PM

Videos ?
(#3)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 11-04-2017, 08:34 PM

Certainly was fun today - weather started warming up around 1pm when I took off.

Best was 168.2mph on the 911tt on a conservative tune and no other mods. Launching this
car is fun!

Video vs the BMS M3 driven by Jason:

https://youtu.be/_hpkTa5DFJw

(#4)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Certainly was fun today - weather started warming up around 1pm when I took off.

Best was 168.2mph on the 911tt on a conservative tune and no other mods. Launching this
car is fun!

Video vs the BMS M3 driven by Jason:

https://youtu.be/_hpkTa5DFJw
FAWK !
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 11-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Was deffently a good event and Thanks to terry for helping with my meth leak and looking iver my logs always a blast. Was able to manage a 169mph jpworks 6266 on race gas and meth. Stock black/Trans
Mine is the car with green screen on turbo. Thanks again terry JB4 FTW
Attached Images

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiggz
Was deffently a good event and Thanks to terry for helping with my meth leak and looking iver my logs always a blast. Was able to manage a 169mph jpworks 6266 on race gas and meth. Stock black/Trans
Mine is the car with green screen on turbo. Thanks again terry JB4 FTW
Damn took my record! Nice runs! Can't wait for the new ACF kit so I can really have some fun.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Haha love that launch! I'm hoping the new all wheel drive M5 launches like that.

Any vids of you vs. Adam?

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
administartor

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 11-05-2017, 12:23 AM

That was a good run allmotor_2000 Let's race again!

I did 21 runs with little rest time in between in the BMS F80 M3. The runs were between 159 - 166 mph consecutively all day long. The raw power, endurance, and reliability of this car and it's mods is amazing.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#9)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 11-05-2017, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Damn took my record! Nice runs! Can't wait for the new ACF kit so I can really have some fun.
Hah thanks, hopefully ill be able to see that 135i run soon. Will be crazy fast
(#10)
Old
Administrator

Default 11-05-2017, 03:43 AM

Had a great time out at NoFlyZone! Very pleased with the M5's performance, the new twin bank board is working great. Bummed not to get that 170.x, but definitely a big improvement over previous outings. Nice to see everyone there!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 11-05-2017, 05:07 AM

Seems like you guys had a lot of fun.
Hopefully I won't miss anymore future events. This sucks!

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 11-05-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Haha love that launch! I'm hoping the new all wheel drive M5 launches like that.

Any vids of you vs. Adam?
Ran Adam once but I botched up the launch so he was long gone. His car was trapping 176+ I believe with the mods he has. He might have that on video.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Seems like you guys had a lot of fun.
Hopefully I won't miss anymore future events. This sucks!
Don't worry I've kept the Z06 warmed up for when you get back.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 11-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Good meeting alot of you guys at NFZ today. Weather was great and had alot of fun. I did 5 runs, but probably could have run 20+ if i didn't drive my car up.

I was in the gray 6MT E90 with pure stage 2s. Had a few timing issues due to oem DMFW so I was forced to short shift at 6000 rpm.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with how consistent my car ran. I was on 26 psi and ran from 40 mph on all runs. My speeds were 163.75 , 162.80 , 162.57 , 161.75.

Here are a few of my runs.

https://youtu.be/HEumsff4DKg

https://youtu.be/jT85Q8QBnXA

Last edited by NA55; 11-05-2017 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: added another video
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA55
Good meeting alot of you guys at NFZ today. Weather was great and had alot of fun. I did 5 runs, but probably could have run 20+ if i didn't drive my car up.
Great runs! I was going to tell you while looking at your car, you should switch to our DCI. It's CARB approved so if you get pulled over with the CARB sticker there less likely to wind up having to answer questions on the car.

http://www.burgertuning.com/dcintake.html

On the flywheel the MFACTORY steel works fine and is relatively cheap, combined with the 335is/550i clutch works well for around 650whp and less.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 11-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Great runs! I was going to tell you while looking at your car, you should switch to our DCI. It's CARB approved so if you get pulled over with the CARB sticker there less likely to wind up having to answer questions on the car.

http://www.burgertuning.com/dcintake.html

On the flywheel the MFACTORY steel works fine and is relatively cheap, combined with the 335is/550i clutch works well for around 650whp and less.
I do like the idea of CARB approved..
Fortunately, this is only a fun car and doesn’t get much daily use.. I am now considering a more aggressive clutch with SMFW so I can run this car much harder.. we will see at the next event..
(#17)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 11-07-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:

I was in the gray 6MT E90 with pure stage 2s. Had a few timing issues due to oem DMFW so I was forced to short shift at 6000 rpm.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with how consistent my car ran. I was on 26 psi and ran from 40 mph on all runs. My speeds were 163.75 , 162.80 , 162.57 , 161.75.

Here are a few of my runs.

https://youtu.be/jT85Q8QBnXA
Nice, what camera are you using?
(#18)
Old

Car: F80M3
Default 11-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Was great day! I got stuck at 159.9 for 3 runs with 6 speed, meth kit was only kick in at high gear only idk why, after we left the event the meth kit started working just fine and timing went right up from 6-5 to 10-11.

Z4 GT3 BodyKit | Pure Turbos | Fuel It | LiteSpeed Racing Wheels | GT250 APR Performance Wing | Studio RSR Rollbar | GTHAUS Meisterschaft turbo back | DinMann CF parts | RECARO CS Sportster | JB4 | CSF Cooling System | Full Custom interior | 2M AutoWerks | Viral vinyl werks | Toyo Tires | Ceramic Pro | Oneighty NYC | DOC Race | M3/M4 BBK | SSP Upgraded Clutches | Custom Coilovers with Hydraulift System By Status Gruppe |
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ PURE
Was great day! I got stuck at 159.9 for 3 runs with 6 speed, meth kit was only kick in at high gear only idk why, after we left the event the meth kit started working just fine and timing went right up from 6-5 to 10-11.
Yes your traps were good for the MT and boost levels. I still don't know why your meth would only click on in higher gears. Looked at the log and don't see any reason for it not too. Might be something in the back end flash or boost limiting by gear causing it. We'll work on it and make sure its resolved before your next event.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-07-2017, 08:06 PM

Nice numbers for everyone...bummer we had to miss this one.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#21)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 11-07-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I do like the idea of CARB approved..
Fortunately, this is only a fun car and doesn’t get much daily use.. I am now considering a more aggressive clutch with SMFW so I can run this car much harder.. we will see at the next event..
i cant believe your still running the stock dmfw. does it misfire if you run lower boost? ie limit hp to like terry says 550?
(#22)
Old

Default 11-07-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt20011
Nice, what camera are you using?
Camera inside car is a Panasonic GX7 with 20mm lens, and the one on the bumper is a SJCAM (GoPro knock off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
i cant believe your still running the stock dmfw. does it misfire if you run lower boost? ie limit hp to like terry says 550?
I think it's the high torque output that cause the misfires. I've done a few 7000 rpm dyno pulls making around 596 whp (450-500 wtq) without misfires. Tune i was running at NFZ was somewhere between 550-585 wtq.
(#23)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 11-10-2017, 03:49 PM

I'm kind of late to the party on replying to this thread. Terry, the BMS crew, and the Pure Turbos crew were awesome to hang out with, as usual.

I was mostly doing some testing and tuning in the first half of the day. My best MPH was 144.14 at 24 PSI (stock turbo) with meth (dual CM7's and T98). I started in 3rd gear on almost every run, where most other cars started in 2nd.

The car that surprised me the most was that damn Infiniti!!! All it had was a JB4, E30, and NT-555R tires in the back. I think the best it trapped was 143.XX, pretty much tied with me for MPH. But it beat me 2 times, from a dig. Pissed!

Anyway, my wife rode shotgun the whole day, so I guess you could say we had extra weight. But she wouldn't want us talking about that

Looking forward to the next one!!!

Some videos worth posting:

Name:  2017-11-04 11_25_32 (NFZ CA - RUN 3 - MUSTANG - 140.3 MPH)Map_6 - 18 PSI.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  2017-11-04 12_03_29 (NFZ CA - RUN 7 - CAR - 143.6 MPH)Map_7 - 50 ADD.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  52.4 KB

144.14 MPH log:

Name:  2017-11-04 16_56_43 (NFZ CA - RUN 20 - SOLO - 144.14 MPH)Map_7 - 70 ADD - IAT SPOOF 70 - BEST TR.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  54.2 KB

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2017, 04:16 PM

Steve have any videos vs. the Q50? Those guys might get a kick out of it. Definitely good bang for the buck with those cars.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 11-10-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Steve have any videos vs. the Q50? Those guys might get a kick out of it. Definitely good bang for the buck with those cars.
Yup, just need to upload and edit them. I'll throw them up over the weekend.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...