N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3176)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 02-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
It says you're paired with it somehow. Delete that device from your paired list and just connect to it from the app
I've tried that as all. Still doesn't work and gives me the errors that the kit type doesn't match.
(#3177)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 02-18-2016, 07:25 PM

Alright. Well it looks like my issue is the tablet itself. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and everything else. So I went to bestbuy and bought a Galaxy Tab 4 to see if a different tablet would work. Turns out that the Galaxy Tab 4 DOES work. On the galaxy I get an error message upon initial connection that states "Service Discovery unsuccessful. Restart device and try again." If I click connect a couple more times it finally does connect. However if I disconnect, I get the same error message I got on the nextbook which states "no Bluetooth devices for kit revision found". Upon receiving this error, I have to reboot the device and start all over again clicking connect a few times at the other error message and it connects. I'm assuming this is the android bluetooth issue you described in the first post?

Guess I'll be keeping the Galaxy Tab 4 and returning the Nextbook 8.
(#3178)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-18-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnne99
Not sure where to put feature requests.
I was curious if its possible to have threshold alerts for perimeters that aren't being used as gauges? Example: High water temp or low FPL even when not using them as a gauge, a warning would pop-up if a specific threshold is crossed. Not sure if that's possible but would be nice if it is.

thanks
Anything is possible. Audible alerts are one of the next things on my todo list. I could potentially add some visual cue there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illrider
Alright. Well it looks like my issue is the tablet itself. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and everything else. So I went to bestbuy and bought a Galaxy Tab 4 to see if a different tablet would work. Turns out that the Galaxy Tab 4 DOES work. On the galaxy I get an error message upon initial connection that states "Service Discovery unsuccessful. Restart device and try again." If I click connect a couple more times it finally does connect. However if I disconnect, I get the same error message I got on the nextbook which states "no Bluetooth devices for kit revision found". Upon receiving this error, I have to reboot the device and start all over again clicking connect a few times at the other error message and it connects. I'm assuming this is the android bluetooth issue you described in the first post?

Guess I'll be keeping the Galaxy Tab 4 and returning the Nextbook 8.
Glad you got it mostly working at least. Unfortunately there are so many different Android devices with so many different OS builds, that some just have issues with Bluetooth Low Energy. As a test, whenever you get one of those error messages, just disable Bluetooth for 5-10 seconds, and try again.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3179)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 02-19-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:

That needs to be done via the steering wheel controls.
I'm F series so don't think SW controls work the same as e series hence my question. Would be a good feature to add to JB4app

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#3180)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 02-19-2016, 08:30 AM

Anything is possible. Audible alerts are one of the next things on my todo list. I could potentially add some visual cue there as well.

That's great news! Not that I dont trust my new water pump , I just dont feel comfortable yet changing the water temp gauge to something more relevant to how the car is running. With an audible or visual alert, I could change the water temp and not worry.

Thanks for the great app and support!
(#3181)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default Jb4 mac OS X help - 02-19-2016, 09:13 AM

So I been connecting to my car fine for awhile I am trying to connect to my dads car it won't connect I even downloaded the new interface version still won't connect please help
(#3182)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i N54
Default 02-19-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpilot
So I been connecting to my car fine for awhile I am trying to connect to my dads car it won't connect I even downloaded the new interface version still won't connect please help
Have you cleared the last Bluetooth device if it is a connect kit? See Pic. What type of device is if?

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF **|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC
(#3183)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 02-19-2016, 03:05 PM

Haven't been monitoring this page so I don't know if this has already been asked but is there any plans in the future for a Rev 4 device?

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#3184)
Old
Legend

Default 02-19-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee
I'm F series so don't think SW controls work the same as e series hence my question. Would be a good feature to add to JB4app
I'll double check with Terry on some info regarding this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpilot
Please refer to the first post for info needed with support requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Haven't been monitoring this page so I don't know if this has already been asked but is there any plans in the future for a Rev 4 device?
Eventually.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3185)
Old

Car: E90 335i/6 Msport
Default 02-21-2016, 12:01 PM

Device: IPhone 6+
Engine type: N55 E Series
App build: Couldn't find the app build.
Problem experienced: When going wide open throttle the app freezes while logging. Also, the car hesitates, cuts boost, hits a wall during the pull. Data logging does not work when this happens. The hazard lights also flash as if the car is warmed up when this happens. I have tried doing a hard reset on the Bluetooth device and jb4 by unplugging them. I have un installed the app from my phone and re installed it. I have attached screen shots and logs. It's happening much more frequently. Not sure if this is a JB4 issue or the app is causing it. Also, randomly only a few gauges work at a time. after a few minutes some gauges may come to life, some don't.

2010 535i - 2012 X5D - 2010 GL550 - 2005 Porsche Cayenne S
(#3186)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 02-22-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I'll double check with Terry on some info regarding this.
F series OBD2 connection there's an option on menu to enable/disable code clearing.

I'm running positap and was hoping that JB4 app would have same usebaility as a laptop via USB using JB4 interface.

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#3187)
Old
Legend

Default 02-22-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_chris
Device: IPhone 6+
Engine type: N55 E Series
App build: Couldn't find the app build.
Problem experienced: When going wide open throttle the app freezes while logging. Also, the car hesitates, cuts boost, hits a wall during the pull. Data logging does not work when this happens. The hazard lights also flash as if the car is warmed up when this happens. I have tried doing a hard reset on the Bluetooth device and jb4 by unplugging them. I have un installed the app from my phone and re installed it. I have attached screen shots and logs. It's happening much more frequently. Not sure if this is a JB4 issue or the app is causing it. Also, randomly only a few gauges work at a time. after a few minutes some gauges may come to life, some don't.

Sounds very strange.
1) Pic of user adjustment/methanol settings
2) Does the hesitation happen during a pull if the app is disconnected?
3) What map are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee
F series OBD2 connection there's an option on menu to enable/disable code clearing.

I'm running positap and was hoping that JB4 app would have same usebaility as a laptop via USB using JB4 interface.
Technically I could the steering wheel simulation controls to the app, but virtually nobody uses them and they require a specific FUD setting to even work. Why not just disable auto-clear via the menu then if you ever need a code cleared, delete it through the app?

(#3188)
Old
Registered Users

Car: M135i
Default 02-23-2016, 12:21 AM

Wish:
Programmable quick access map button.

Why:
Usually I drive around in map 2 but I would like to easily change to map 6 or 3 if I get I a hurry all of the sudden.

How:
Programmable button instead of a dial - lets call it "The POWAAR button"

If it could toggle back to my previously selected map also that would be a plus.
(#3189)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 02-23-2016, 03:20 AM

Donnie, when's the *Celcius update coming bro?

Every time i see an update available I get excited, only to be disappointed.
(#3190)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 02-23-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Hmm, never heard a report of that issue. Which connection type are you using?
USB
(#3191)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 02-23-2016, 03:29 AM

I have been experiencing an issue with Water temps. The temps sit at -14 and does not move.

Android 5.1.1 and using the OTG
(#3192)
Old

Car: E90 335i/6 Msport
Default 02-23-2016, 07:02 AM

I unplugged the Bluetooth dongle and tried data logging with my laptop and it also froze. Looks like it's a jb4 issue.

2010 535i - 2012 X5D - 2010 GL550 - 2005 Porsche Cayenne S
(#3193)
Old
Legend

Default 02-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes
Wish:
Programmable quick access map button.

Why:
Usually I drive around in map 2 but I would like to easily change to map 6 or 3 if I get I a hurry all of the sudden.

How:
Programmable button instead of a dial - lets call it "The POWAAR button"

If it could toggle back to my previously selected map also that would be a plus.
I'll add it to the wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
Donnie, when's the *Celcius update coming bro?

Every time i see an update available I get excited, only to be disappointed.
Android or iOS? Are you in the beta groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrS24
USB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrS24
I have been experiencing an issue with Water temps. The temps sit at -14 and does not move.

Android 5.1.1 and using the OTG
Are you sure you're on the latest firmware that outputs water temp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_chris
I unplugged the Bluetooth dongle and tried data logging with my laptop and it also froze. Looks like it's a jb4 issue.
Sorry to hear. Make a post in the support section and someone will be able to help you out.

(#3194)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 02-23-2016, 10:08 PM

Received and installed the Rev 3 this evening, hooked the red wire to the proper wiring from the jb4. Didn't do the ground wire. Upon testing 2 codes were thrown that had never came up until the install

2DC3 control clamp 15
2E8D intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission

Anyone have feed back??
(#3195)
Old

Default 02-24-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:

Android or iOS? Are you in the beta groups?

iOS, i was, but then reverted back to the official release one.

is Celcius available in beta?
(#3196)
Old
Legend

Default 02-25-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Received and installed the Rev 3 this evening, hooked the red wire to the proper wiring from the jb4. Didn't do the ground wire. Upon testing 2 codes were thrown that had never came up until the install

2DC3 control clamp 15
2E8D intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission

Anyone have feed back??
No clue. Maybe you shorted something while installing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
iOS, i was, but then reverted back to the official release one.

is Celcius available in beta?
It's in the newest build which should be live in the next 24 hours.

(#3197)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 02-25-2016, 08:35 PM

Hey, any chance of a free "lite" version of JB4 mobile just for viewing logs? I have JB4 mobile on my android for logging. But at home I like to browse this forum on my iPad. Would be nice to be able to just open JB4 logs to look at.
(#3198)
Old
Legend

Default 02-25-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1
Hey, any chance of a free "lite" version of JB4 mobile just for viewing logs? I have JB4 mobile on my android for logging. But at home I like to browse this forum on my iPad. Would be nice to be able to just open JB4 logs to look at.
Not worth my time to try to take away features for lite versions of the app and then have to worry about maintaining them. Sorry.

(#3199)
Old

Default 02-26-2016, 01:31 AM

Quote:

It's in the newest build which should be live in the next 24 hours.
The update came through whilst I was driving.... And I updated it straight away!!

Seeing degrees Celsius now is so much better, the numbers actually make sense.

Thanks Donnie.
(#3200)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default OS X Link Down? - 02-26-2016, 04:16 PM

Download link for JB4 1.8.5.dmg no longer working

E90 - 2008 -335i - FBO: WedgePerformance Tune, xHP Stage 2, Inlets, BMS DCI, 7" FMIC, ER CP w/BOV, VRSF meow-less ** w/lower cp upgrade, Vanguard full catback exhaust, KW V2 Coilovers, rear diff strut brace. Wheels stock af.