N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 02:57 AM

Terry pushes for MHD since it has checksums and enabkes better backend maps.

MHD is a glashing solution and Terry shares the backend flashes or you or anyone can do the tuning.
(#227)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 04-08-2015, 05:28 AM

when will mhd be released?-

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#228)
Old

Car: '07 335i e92
Default 04-08-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
I'm always glad to hear something like this! I have a DCT car with under 40k on the clock. Hoping it's still solid. Only 8k miles with a JB4 and *** on it.
Be careful with running extra boost without a good supporting DME flash for the DCT. Torque Output is a calculation of load / rpm on the Load To Torque table. LOAD is how the DME calculates power, not just in boost. Running higher boost with the JB4 doesn't allow the DME to see the actual LOAD and your DCT will not have the correct calibrations to hold the power as internal line pressure is increased based on reported Torque Output. I'm not saying your current setup won't work, but I just want to make sure you are using a higher load map which I think Terry has addressed with the newer rom versions.
(#229)
Old

Car: Toyota 86
Default 04-08-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
when will mhd be released?-
He indicated this week. I am sure there will be an announcement when it happens.
(#230)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 04-08-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV135i
No... I meant the app, not the cable. They don't answer easy questions terry asks about posting logs or explaining aspects of how they're tuning, so I'm finding it hard to take them serious now. Especially if you have to "beg" someone to take your money. Oh well I'm over this new "trend" and will just stick with whatever bms is pushing from now on.
no one is complaining about the app.

buraq just doesn't seem like a credible tuner.
(#231)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
No... I meant the app, not the cable. They don't answer easy questions terry asks about posting logs or explaining aspects of how they're tuning, so I'm finding it hard to take them serious now. Especially if you have to "beg" someone to take your money. Oh well I'm over this new "trend" and will just stick with whatever bms is pushing from now on.
MHD has been pretty responsive. Maybe you mean Wedge and Buraq? They are separate tuners selling their maps to work within the MHD platform. BMS also offers maps within the MHD platform as will 50 other tuners.

I would not suggest running ANY flash only map where the set point is more than 1.5-2psi within the sensor ceiling.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#232)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Buraq and Wedge weren't even MHD's first choice for whatever reason it didnt work out with other tuners. I don't know why but MHD was left with Wedge. So that's why they're making the OTS maps. Plenty of other tuners will come over once it exits beta. Don't let that deter you.
(#233)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 04-08-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
no one is complaining about the app.

buraq just doesn't seem like a credible tuner.
Help me out here, I got lost on this one. Other than what you think of me, what does DV135i post have anything to do with me ?

2012 E89 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport MT
2011 E92 335is w/DCT
2007 E92 335i 6AT
(#234)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 04-08-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ
Help me out here, I got lost on this one. Other than what you think of me, what does DV135i post have anything to do with me ?
Read the quoted text. He is associating the app with your failures as a tuner. Not fair to MHD in that respect.

As far as your inability to comprehend simple discussion, that's a flame war best left for Jason's forum, where you can pay to have posts removed.
(#235)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-08-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I've tested the DCT all the way to 580 wtq, 80k+ miles, car was tracked almost every week, raced almost every day, and with absolutely no signs of slippage. Not to mention how many driveshafts I've destroyed. That's not his issue......
Well I don't have a lot of experience with the DCT but maybe it's because it's not seeing accurate torque values based on load? Which I think you're referring to. I know you don't like me but at least provide value in your post if you're going to disagree with me.

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#236)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967
Be careful with running extra boost without a good supporting DME flash for the DCT. Torque Output is a calculation of load / rpm on the Load To Torque table. LOAD is how the DME calculates power, not just in boost. Running higher boost with the JB4 doesn't allow the DME to see the actual LOAD and your DCT will not have the correct calibrations to hold the power as internal line pressure is increased based on reported Torque Output. I'm not saying your current setup won't work, but I just want to make sure you are using a higher load map which I think Terry has addressed with the newer rom versions.
The trans takes in torque set point and actual torque. You can log it off the trans if you have the right software for a BT cable.

Anyone running a DCT will benefit from our MHD specific back end flash maps though. It's a requirement if using larger than OEM turbos.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#237)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-08-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Read the quoted text. He is associating the app with your failures as a tuner. Not fair to MHD in that respect.

As far as your inability to comprehend simple discussion, that's a flame war best left for Jason's forum, where you can pay to have posts removed.
Wait what??? When did I mention BuraQ at all??? I voiced my opinion on how ridiculous it is that MHD doesn't seem to have many logs being posted and talked about in regards to these new flash maps. Then also stated its dumb for them to tell some people to wait for open beta, but then still accept new beta testers.

I also referenced the fact that Terry has asked these guys multiple times to simply explain PID. If you're going to come out and make claims on how much better flashing will be then you should be willing to bend over backward to back them up. Even for someone who doesn't fully understand the subject, its discerning to see that the tuners representing MHD could care less about trying to give as much information possible.

So I'm not directing this to just one person. I'm referencing the app as a whole, meaning everyone involved. I look forward to this finally being released so we can get some more great maps from BMS

~JB4 G5 iso~BMS E85 Backend Flash~VTT Inlets~BMS DCI~BMS Low Temp Thermostat~BMS OCC~BMS Modified Clutch Valve~BMS Clutch Stop~335is Clutch~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR **'s~3" Custom exhaust~RB PCV Valve~SteveAZ Stage 2 Bucket~Avant Garde M359 18x8.5 +35 18x9.5 +33~
(#238)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't consider Dimitri or Ken's tuning a failure as their names are synonymous with aggressive tuning (some would consider it overly aggressive) on the N54... I really only have experience working with Ken FYI.

There are a lot of people running their tunes and they make a lot of power, they obviously make their power in a very unconventional (some would say, wrong way lol) by using a PID system to achieve boost not correct boost errors BUT if you're willing to log often and dial things in with them, they can make your stock turbo car pretty damn fast... That's what all custom tunes are if you think about it, dialing in the tune based on your ambient temps, location, elevation, etc.

We won't know about reliability or turbo longevity for a year or two but I think calling them failures is really unfair based on the amount of the R&D they have done ALSO Ken has helped A TON of people in this community (me included) with non-tuning related things like fixing a bricked DME, etc - thankfully MHD includes this winkfp-type functionality natively...

Anyways, they don't own MHD and I wanted to start this thread to discuss the application - logs/bins/experience w/ the app, NOT the protuning solutions offered by Ken & Buraq. Let's be sure and separate the two because MHD & Buraq/Ken are not synonymous.

(#239)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 04-08-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Wait what??? When did I mention BuraQ at all??? I voiced my opinion on how ridiculous it is that MHD doesn't seem to have many logs being posted and talked about in regards to these new flash maps. Then also stated its dumb for them to tell some people to wait for open beta, but then still accept new beta testers.

I also referenced the fact that Terry has asked these guys multiple times to simply explain PID. If you're going to come out and make claims on how much better flashing will be then you should be willing to bend over backward to back them up. Even for someone who doesn't fully understand the subject, its discerning to see that the tuners representing MHD could care less about trying to give as much information possible.

So I'm not directing this to just one person. I'm referencing the app as a whole, meaning everyone involved. I look forward to this finally being released so we can get some more great maps from BMS
OTS maps are included with MHD as a user convenience, just like Cobb had their OTS maps. People don't buy the Accessport just for the OTS maps, see what I'm saying?

The real power of MHD comes in with custom tunes, and that it supports a higher boost ceiling, the ability to flash any BIN, and access all the latest tables in the BINs by using the latest XDF files.
(#240)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:

ic

Quote:
1) I posted a log and illustrated how we control boost error
2) Already explained the aspect of our tuning
3) If your uncomfortable cause I wont give Terry the complete receipe of how we tune then tuff, stay where your at.

If you think because you got denied beta testing and the reason MHD has not come out of beta is due to "our failure as a tuner", then..... "oh well"

Edit: @DV135i Ah you replied and clarified ............

2011 E92 335is w/DCT
2007 E92 335i 6AT

Last edited by BuraQ; 04-08-2015 at 12:30 PM..
(#241)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
1) I posted a log and illustrated how we control boost error
2) Already explained the aspect of our tuning
3) If your uncomfortable cause I wont give Terry the complete receipe of how we tune then tuff, stay where your at.
I asked you to explain D in your own words. You refused. So I wrote a few sentences explaining how it works.

Then I asked you to post a log "showing how you use D to reduce the PID output when boost exceeds the sensor range". I quote it because I don't want any of my engineer friends to think that nonsense came from me. You posted a video(???) of some log without relevant data elements, with no narration or explanation. I have no idea what I was supposed to get out of it. Post the log and we can continue the discussion.

I have zero interest in your "secret sauce". I have 40 customers who used to run your tuning I could ask for a BIN if I cared. I don't. It's irrelevant to me or anything BMS offers because we would never tune a car like that.

Burger Motorsports

(#242)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
Well I don't have a lot of experience with the DCT but maybe it's because it's not seeing accurate torque values based on load? Which I think you're referring to. I know you don't like me but at least provide value in your post if you're going to disagree with me.
I dont like you ? WHAT !? lmao bro who told you that ? I got to check my coffee I cant believe some of the stuff I am reading today.

When it comes to the DCT and slippage the customer needs to get with the tuner, in this case, Terry.

I was merely clarifying the DCT is not weak, in fact I personally believe it can hold much more than the 6AT. Well, the NA version of the DCT on the IS cars

If all the NA DCT N54 I have tuned can put down 540-580 wtq with no slippage and other cars are slipping with wayyy less torque than thaat, then what does that tell you ? Surely not that the DCT is weak.

2011 E92 335is w/DCT
2007 E92 335i 6AT
(#243)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I dont like you ? WHAT !? lmao bro who told you that ? I got to check my coffee I cant believe some of the stuff I am reading today.

When it comes to the DCT and slippage the customer needs to get with the tuner, in this case, Terry.

I was merely clarifying the DCT is not weak, in fact I personally believe it can hold much more than the 6AT. Well, the NA version of the DCT on the IS cars

If all the NA DCT N54 I have tuned can put down 540-580 wtq with no slippage and other cars are slipping with wayyy less torque than thaat, then what does that tell you ? Surely not that the DCT is weak.
yeah, the TCU is just seeing incorrect torque values... needs a dif backend flash.

(#244)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 04-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
Once we purchase the program, can we flash back and forth as many times as we want? From what I understand, as long as we pay for the program we don't have to pay anymore to use it to flash as many custom BINs I want to my VIN and only would have to pay if I want the OTS maps or a custom Wedge flash with the "race logic"
Yes, you can flash as many times as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I thought it might be cool to have custom (reliable!) DCAN cables with a micro-USB that goes right in the android device made eliminating the need for an adapter. But I haven't had time to look in to it yet.

For those using the MHD to load JB4 flashes the software charge is only $79 which I think isn't too bad considering.
I am very interested in making such an integrated DCAN OTG cable.
(#245)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
Yes, you can flash as many times as you want.

IMO this is the biggest weakness of the MHD product, the INPA wire quality, I have had many failed writes due to a crummy wire - someone who is new to tuning may blame the application and not suspect the cable.

Martial, you may benefit from finding a good supplier of INPA cables and offering them for sale on your website when it gets up and running.

btw, love the update from yesterday, improved UX for sure.

(#246)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 04-08-2015, 02:38 PM

When will mhd be available for the 1m

RHD Top Mount ST
(#247)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 04-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The trans takes in torque set point and actual torque. You can log it off the trans if you have the right software for a BT cable.

Anyone running a DCT will benefit from our MHD specific back end flash maps though. It's a requirement if using larger than OEM turbos.
I understand what's being said. Hopefully there's a simple solution. Like install this <insert name here> file...
(#248)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 04-08-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
+1
Yes, someone please sell a reliable cable. I am 0 for 2 on cables so far, so I haven't been able to flash yet this 3rd one should do the trick, but a tried and true solution that is in stock is going to be very necessary and will prevent a lot of unnecessary tech support.

(#249)
Old

Car: 2010 335i Convertible
Default 04-08-2015, 04:48 PM

Following this closely. I'm very interested.

2010 335i 6AT E93,FBO, Inlets, BMS Meth Kit single cm10 (55add N20 TMAP)
(#250)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperware
+1
Yes, someone please sell a reliable cable. I am 0 for 2 on cables so far, so I haven't been able to flash yet this 3rd one should do the trick, but a tried and true solution that is in stock is going to be very necessary and will prevent a lot of unnecessary tech support.
I have a local supplier that I can get them from for about $35... Mine has been running strong for a while now on dcann and k-line cars. I'm willing to buy a bunch of people want a reliable source for them. They also take exchanges if they ever break or show up DOA.