JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Log check - 2019 Stinger - 12-26-2021, 11:55 PM

Map2 - Something is definately up, can't WOT properly. Seems to stall out half way through. Blown 2 Denso's now over 2 months in different cylinders.

In Map 0 seems to pull normally.

Drop in
Denso @ .22
MBRP Exhaust
Fuel PnP wires
BMS OCC
Tial BOV
93 pump gas

Thanks you for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R2_211216_1735.csv (4.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R4_211216_1605.csv (7.6 KB, 42 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 12-27-2021, 08:21 AM

On top of your JB setting being off, you have an extremely old version of firmware. Because of that, I won't even go down that road.

You have v13, the latest stable is v24 I believe. Download the latest firmware then do another log and we can go from there. Correcting you now would be useless.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelrog
Map2 - Something is definately up, can't WOT properly. Seems to stall out half way through. Blown 2 Denso's now over 2 months in different cylinders.

In Map 0 seems to pull normally.

Drop in
Denso @ .22
MBRP Exhaust
Fuel PnP wires
BMS OCC
Tial BOV
93 pump gas

Thanks you for any help.
Given the firmware version I think you need a 2580 chipset update. You can order one on our site for $35 or send yours in and we'll reflash it for free.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 12-28-2021, 03:43 PM

I was able to flash the firmware to v24.

Did a quick WOT on map2. Promptly got a check engine light and limp mode. Shut car off and it all went back to normal.
Hope this log shows something more.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R3_211228_1717.csv (9.8 KB, 40 views)
(#5)
Old

Car: 2021 Veloster N (MT)
Default 12-29-2021, 02:52 PM

You have to do a full 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear pull all the way to redline. 3rd gear is preferred. That log tells you nothing.
(#6)
Old

Default 12-29-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETAMBUSHED
You have to do a full 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear pull all the way to redline. 3rd gear is preferred. That log tells you nothing.
Ok, will do. Thank you. 3rd gear pull coming up tomorrow.
(#7)
Old

Default 01-06-2022, 08:59 PM

Think I got it this time, did a Map2, 2nd gear pull till redline then it shifted to 3rd. It threw an engine light again but was fine after a restart. Tried to do a third gear pull, but with the GT2 even in manual sport mode, you can't start off in 3rd.

Hope it shows that. If not, I'll try again. Wish I had more time to do these. Thank you for anyone that take another look.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R5_220106_1823.csv (59.3 KB, 31 views)
(#8)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 01-07-2022, 09:50 AM

I cant tell how to fix it but I can tell you what the symptoms are.

Flat boost of 11.9 (not normal)
AFR way too lean 14.x is not good
Ign1 spiked at 27 deg (I've never seen advance that high before!)

If you haven't tried disconnecting the batter for 5 min. do so. This will reset everything and give you a good base to start with.
Other than that Terry might have to chime in on this one.
Attached Images

(#9)
Old

Default 01-07-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
I cant tell how to fix it but I can tell you what the symptoms are.

Flat boost of 11.9 (not normal)
AFR way too lean 14.x is not good
Ign1 spiked at 27 deg (I've never seen advance that high before!)

If you haven't tried disconnecting the batter for 5 min. do so. This will reset everything and give you a good base to start with.
Other than that Terry might have to chime in on this one.
I've replaced plugs 3 and 6 so far. I do have HKS's to replace the denso's out but wanted to see if its the plugs or the JB4 and it is pushing the plugs too hard.

Any ideas are welcome.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-07-2022, 12:56 PM

Set all your user adjustment values back to the default settings and take another log.

Kia Hyundai JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

BTW...you don't start off in 3rd from a dead stop....from a roll at approximately 40mph in 3rd...go WOT until you shift in to 4th at redline.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#11)
Old

Default 01-07-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Set all your user adjustment values back to the default settings and take another log.
I didn't have anything set in the user settings. All is default. I'll take a shot at a 3rd gear log in the morning. Thanks for the tip.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM

Another log without setting your user adjustment values back to the default settings will be worthless. They are NOT set to the default values. You need to input those values, save, and take another log as I directed.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#13)
Old

Default 01-14-2022, 12:15 PM

Thank you Steve. I didn't understand that that device had it's setting still stored in the unit. I have since cleared and set the kia defaults as shown in the link.

I did another pull this morning and things were definitely smooth and didn't get a engine light.

Can I ask again to check to see if things are acting as intended?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R2_220114_0808.csv (14.0 KB, 31 views)
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-14-2022, 12:38 PM

Looks like the pull was logged improperly or during decel.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2022, 12:47 PM

Pedal is to the floor...something else is going on...looks like limp mode. Any codes? Be sure to clear all codes before doing another log.

(#16)
Old

Default 01-14-2022, 03:58 PM

Don't have any error codes showing.

Just did another pull. Started it earlier this time. Should show a roll then WOT in 3rd.

It's not throwing a code anymore though like it was. Defaulting helped tremendously. Maybe it's better now?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R2_220114_1737.csv (18.4 KB, 40 views)
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-17-2022, 12:54 PM

Appears this log was cut short.

Burger Motorsports