N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Bimmer 335xi
Default N54 Missfire Cyl 4 After JB4 - 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Hey guys , im not sure if im in the right place but im looking for some help

First i gotta say all my problems begun when i installed the JB4 onto my car. The car is an 2008 335xi with 88k , the car is stock, stock charge pipe, stock cats , stock exhaust , stock air intake, etc.

So, i installed the JB4 and the Bluetooth kit on the car , and i set up the map 1, i went for a ride, and going normal on D , like 2500 rpm the car will do this misfires, and then bumps to the map 4 , after a while the car will start to misfire (only cyl 4), i remove the code, and it will back to misfiring after "testing" the JB4 my Mosfets got fried so i had to get a new dme/cas/key , and start all over again.

the car will only misfire when is warmed up , like after 30 minutes driving around , it starts to shake , and when i go sport mode its worse.

So in order to fix this, i started to replace things, first thing i did was the plugs, same thing, after that i did the coil on cyl 4 , same issue, i did the whole 6 coils and plugs again (original stuff only) , issue persists, then i thought, it might be the LPFP ? , got a brand new one , and i got it replaced, issue persists , but now everytime i start the car i got the check engine light on, Code is 2ABD "Intake pressure sensor, re-running" ,(my battery was dead, and after we recharged it this check engine started to came in) so first i did the map on the intake manifold (ORIGINAL) , the car got better, it wont go to map 4 no more , now i can "run" , but still misfiring . Ok i bought the Map that goes on the charge pipe, i replaced it , but nothing, still got the check engine on the start, and im now also getting the 2D2E Code , "Angle of throttle valve - intake pipe underpressure, correlation" , and the misfire of course ,

I was reading another forums , and some guy says that the 2ABD code disappeared when he replaced his battery, and my battery is kinda dying , so im thinking in doing the battery either way , but what about the misfire ?

is not always, can it be carbon or something ?

I got an Launch X431 HTT , scanner it only shows the misfire on cyl 4

Please your help !!!! Thank you so much for the spot
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 02-16-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardaozo
Hey guys , im not sure if im in the right place but im looking for some help

First i gotta say all my problems begun when i installed the JB4 onto my car. The car is an 2008 335xi with 88k , the car is stock, stock charge pipe, stock cats , stock exhaust , stock air intake, etc.

So, i installed the JB4 and the Bluetooth kit on the car , and i set up the map 1, i went for a ride, and going normal on D , like 2500 rpm the car will do this misfires, and then bumps to the map 4 , after a while the car will start to misfire (only cyl 4), i remove the code, and it will back to misfiring after "testing" the JB4 my Mosfets got fried so i had to get a new dme/cas/key , and start all over again.

the car will only misfire when is warmed up , like after 30 minutes driving around , it starts to shake , and when i go sport mode its worse.

So in order to fix this, i started to replace things, first thing i did was the plugs, same thing, after that i did the coil on cyl 4 , same issue, i did the whole 6 coils and plugs again (original stuff only) , issue persists, then i thought, it might be the LPFP ? , got a brand new one , and i got it replaced, issue persists , but now everytime i start the car i got the check engine light on, Code is 2ABD "Intake pressure sensor, re-running" ,(my battery was dead, and after we recharged it this check engine started to came in) so first i did the map on the intake manifold (ORIGINAL) , the car got better, it wont go to map 4 no more , now i can "run" , but still misfiring . Ok i bought the Map that goes on the charge pipe, i replaced it , but nothing, still got the check engine on the start, and im now also getting the 2D2E Code , "Angle of throttle valve - intake pipe underpressure, correlation" , and the misfire of course ,

I was reading another forums , and some guy says that the 2ABD code disappeared when he replaced his battery, and my battery is kinda dying , so im thinking in doing the battery either way , but what about the misfire ?

is not always, can it be carbon or something ?

I got an Launch X431 HTT , scanner it only shows the misfire on cyl 4

Please your help !!!! Thank you so much for the spot
Make sure your JB4 default setting correct, and firmware updated,

Try to post a log from the JB4 that can help others looking into your issue.

Your misfire on cylinder 4, have you tried to pull that plug and see if it look different from other plugs? Black or wet fuel or oil? As plug can tell if you have a leaky injector,

When you replaced your ECU you could just replace the mosfets, did you code your injectors on the new ECU?

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle