(#1676)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 02-13-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eronenris
Comfort, sorry.
What map do you have your JB4 on? You have summer or all season tires?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#1677)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 02-13-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
What map do you have your JB4 on? You have summer or all season tires?

Map2, awd, factory tires.
(#1678)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default 02-14-2019, 12:10 AM

Terry and/or other experts, I finally got around to logging a few runs; how am I looking so far?

Thanks in advance.....
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-13 23_38_50.csv (10.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-14 00_13_33.csv (10.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-14 00_32_20.csv (11.5 KB, 11 views)
(#1679)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-14-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorped
Terry and/or other experts, I finally got around to logging a few runs; how am I looking so far?

Thanks in advance.....
Pretty dang good!
(#1680)
Old

Default 02-14-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Pretty dang good!
Really? Whew, thanks, that's good to see.

It runs really strong but my (dragy) times are pathetic because of wheelspin and lack of traction. Just wanted to make sure I'm not leaving any power on the table.
(#1681)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Thanks in advance.....
Looks good to me also.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1682)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-14-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Really? Whew, thanks, that's good to see.

It runs really strong but my (dragy) times are pathetic because of wheelspin and lack of traction. Just wanted to make sure I'm not leaving any power on the table.
How much E85 do you actually have in your tank? Your logs are showing 50%!
(#1683)
Old

Default 02-14-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good to me also.
Awesome, thanks!

One other question though; would I see better results if I swapped plugs? I'm still using the stock plugs at stock gap (I know, I know, I'm too lazy to change them until one actually blows..lol)
(#1684)
Old

Default 02-14-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
How much E85 do you actually have in your tank? Your logs are showing 50%!
50%?? Lol. I added 4.5 gallons of E85 on top of 10 gallons of 93 from QT. Honestly I only planned to add 3 gallons but I got distracted talking to some guy asking questions about the car at the pump.

Edit: 50% sounded like a lot but I just remembered our tanks are pretty small and I was almost empty when I refueled, so, that would indeed be about 50%.

Last edited by Scorped; 02-14-2019 at 01:14 PM..
(#1685)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Awesome, thanks!

One other question though; would I see better results if I swapped plugs? I'm still using the stock plugs at stock gap (I know, I know, I'm too lazy to change them until one actually blows..lol)
Is it 100% that we have to even touch them? Meaning...just leave stock plugs with stock gap. Will they eventually blow...or is it just a "would be better" type situation.

I would love to avoid regapping...or even replacing with the regapped Denso's. But if it is a requirement...well...I will do it.
(#1686)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM

I'd swap plugs at some point for sure, it's only a matter of time before one cracks IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1687)
Old

Car: 2019 g80 sport
Default G80 Sport - 02-15-2019, 09:55 AM

Can you confirm if the g80 sport can use the fuel wires?? I have asked support and got an inconclusive answer.

My buddy ordered the lap3 solution and I would like to use the JB4 for a side by side comparision?

Do you have plots or graphs for the G80, any pointers would be helpful.

I have read 67 pages and are still on the fence.

Thanks
(#1688)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 11:21 AM

Yes fuel wires work on all applications including G80, and even the 2L now!

Everything worth reading is in the first post. The rest is just discussion.

Sorry to hear your buddy wasted so much money on the Lap3-Pro for what is a similar product only with less developed interface and tuning. Performance on each until will depend on the settings/maps used. They all have the same capability. Only, the JB4 has much more development and features done. You'll see when you compare our app to Lap3-Pro app.

Burger Motorsports

(#1689)
Old

Default 02-15-2019, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the reply - just made my order! , I have a e54 pump near me and hope 5-6 gallons of that will allow map 3 to run well.

I will post my logs here for review.

Thanks again.

Last edited by G80SPORT; 02-15-2019 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: spelling
(#1690)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 02-15-2019, 12:04 PM

Filled her up yesterday 30% e85 and notice that the fuel cap is turning yellow, normal? I've been running 30% e85 for 2 months now.
(#1691)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 02-15-2019, 10:10 PM

Just installed JB4 with fuel wires and Bluetooth today that I received yesterday. What firmware version are they now shipping with? IE, do I need to update?
(#1692)
Old

Default 02-15-2019, 11:54 PM

Well, I tried to update the firmware and now get: Failed checksum testing file: 21210 Read: 5051114.

Because I canít get any firmware to properly reload, I canít use the JB4 until I get some help with this. Bummer.
(#1693)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeramicGT2
Well, I tried to update the firmware and now get: Failed checksum testing file: 21210 Read: 5051114.

Because I canít get any firmware to properly reload, I canít use the JB4 until I get some help with this. Bummer.
Hold the phone closer to the blue tooth device, that sometimes helps if the phone has a weaker signal.

Burger Motorsports

(#1694)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Just installed JB4 with fuel wires and Bluetooth today that I received yesterday. What firmware version are they now shipping with? IE, do I need to update?
You don't need to update but the firmware posted here is newer than the production firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1695)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Hold the phone closer to the blue tooth device, that sometimes helps if the phone has a weaker signal.
Ok, let me give that a try and I will keep you posted.
(#1696)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Thank you Terry, this worked!

I loaded Version 8 of the firmware, but had a quick question. The files is titled "test", so is it ok to run? Also, since I have fuel wires, I am assume with this new firmware I don't need to change any settings, it's good to go the way it is?
(#1697)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:

I loaded Version 8 of the firmware, but had a quick question. The files is titled "test", so is it ok to run? Also, since I have fuel wires, I am assume with this new firmware I don't need to change any settings, it's good to go the way it is?
In the newer firmware's nothing is needed to run the fuel wires.
(#1698)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 10:20 AM

Thank you!

(#1699)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yes it's fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#1700)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM

I am running 91 with Denso plugs at .022" and Map 2. Just wanted to get these logs looked at. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-16 20_53_53 Map-2 3rd gear pull.csv (6.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-16 20_53_20 Map-2.csv (8.0 KB, 9 views)