N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 151
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default MHD Overwrite - 02-12-2019, 08:28 AM

Hey guys
I currently use DME flash of 3D design, but is it possible to overwrite this with MHD? Or do you need to return to stock once? Please let me know if you know. Thanks in advance for all the answers in advance.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 8,484
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-12-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoaki
Hey guys
I currently use DME flash of 3D design, but is it possible to overwrite this with MHD? Or do you need to return to stock once? Please let me know if you know. Thanks in advance for all the answers in advance.
Not familiar wirh 3D design- but you can overwrite whatever you want. Iím assuming you are looking to use our OTS BEF?


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 151
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default 02-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Not familiar wirh 3D design- but you can overwrite whatever you want. Iím assuming you are looking to use our OTS BEF?
Thank you for answering. Since DME flash of 3D design is inferior in performance to MHD, I would like to switch to MHD. Also, 3D design is cumbersome to handle and you can not flash yourself so you have to go to the shop and flush and there is no extensibility. If MHD overwrites other flashes and there is no problem, we will use MHD. At first, I am planning to use MHD alone.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,440
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 02-12-2019, 10:36 AM

When first installing MHD most cars are stock bin and it makes a copy and saves it for when you want to go back to stock.
In your case, (if you dont have stock bin) not sure but I believe you have to select stock map operations in MHD. If you do not have your stock bin, I believe MHD has a generic version. Install that, From there, you can now flash the bms BEF or any custom map.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
codesx's Avatar
codesx codesx is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 946
Join Date: Feb 2018
Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 02-12-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoaki
Thank you for answering. Since DME flash of 3D design is inferior in performance to MHD, I would like to switch to MHD. Also, 3D design is cumbersome to handle and you can not flash yourself so you have to go to the shop and flush and there is no extensibility. If MHD overwrites other flashes and there is no problem, we will use MHD. At first, I am planning to use MHD alone.

I think what's a little bit confusing is your signature states JB4 and MHD Race Flash, while you state the DME has "3D" flash.

Your JB4 is a great product, with a lot of good safety features.
The Race Flash you speak of is likely BMS Race Flash, uploaded using the MHD app for convenience.

You state you wish to use MHD alone.
Is it possible you're talking about a car that is not in your signature?
Otherwise, this is a little confusing.




2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (200,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual CM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
RB: Inlets | PCV Valve
VRSF: DiPis | CP
HKS BOV
xHP Stage 3
NGK-97506 @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Ign Coils | Walnut Blast
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | TStat
2020 - OPG | Battery | IBS | Water Pump | Plugs | Alternator
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 151
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default 02-12-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx
I think what's a little bit confusing is your signature states JB4 and MHD Race Flash, while you state the DME has "3D" flash.

Your JB4 is a great product, with a lot of good safety features.
The Race Flash you speak of is likely BMS Race Flash, uploaded using the MHD app for convenience.

You state you wish to use MHD alone.
Is it possible you're talking about a car that is not in your signature?
Otherwise, this is a little confusing.
Since I do not have JB 4 yet, I am considering deleting DME flash of 3D design and using MHD alone. I would like to know if the MHD application has a function to delete another DME flash and return it to the stock map.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 151
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM

By the way it is confusing but I want to do this work is my friend's car. I'm sorry to disorient the writing style. To be precise he is not yet JB 4.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 8,484
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-12-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoaki
Since I do not have JB 4 yet, I am considering deleting DME flash of 3D design and using MHD alone. I would like to know if the MHD application has a function to delete another DME flash and return it to the stock map.
Short answer - Yes.

That being said - there are many benefits of running a flash WITH JB4.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com