N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 09-13-2018, 07:59 PM

I would wire it in first. But you can do it after. I've been running e30 on my stinger for awhile now and have no issue.
(#627)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-15-2018, 11:03 AM

It’s 90 degrees and muggy today.. I am hunting for a safe and flat 1/4 place.. So for now, just 0-60 runs.

I am hoping and hunting for low 4’s with the mods I have today..

Blahh I need to upload pictures from Dragy and they are to large..

1st run: 0-60 - 4.60 at a -1.04 slope
2nd run: 0-60 - 4.51 at a - 3.55 slope

Last edited by RandallK; 09-15-2018 at 11:21 AM..
(#628)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-15-2018, 11:25 AM

And Map 3 seems to be faster than Map 5 today.. Map 3 still has a little hiccup between 1 & 2 gear and Map 5 seems to have hiccups between a few gears
(#629)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2018, 10:22 AM

We put our GT on the scales just to see where it stands.. 3850# with a half tank of fuel, without the driver. So race weight is around 4035#! Car need a serious diet lol.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#630)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 09-16-2018, 08:51 PM

STINGER 3.3T (Fuel wires installed) with JUN.B.L Exhaust.

Run 003 = map2 with Fuel BIAS setting on.
Run 004 = map1 with Fuel BIAS setting on.
Run 005 = map1 wiTH Fuel BIAS setting off.
Run 006 = map0. (jb4 off)

What's wrong? fuel lean...
(#631)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2018, 08:54 PM

I can't tell if anything is wrong from just that one photo. Let's see the JB4 logs from each run. those will show us boost, timing, AFR in each bank, fuel trims in each bank, requested AFR target by JB4, your settings, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#632)
Old

Default files - 09-16-2018, 09:00 PM

files
Attached Files
File Type: csv map0.csv (7.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv map1fl.csv (6.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv map1nm.csv (6.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv map2fl.csv (7.1 KB, 37 views)
(#633)
Old

Default 09-16-2018, 09:08 PM

Log file uploaded successfully. Please let me know the problem. Sir!
(#634)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etats
Log file uploaded successfully. Please let me know the problem. Sir!
One fuel bank is stuck at 25 (0%), indicating it's in open loop mode. Likely a misfire fault or o2 sensor fault on the car. You'll want to read and evaluate the faults.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#635)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default Yesterday, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsAwesome
I was driving in Map 1 today, and I felt a little bit of a loss of power as I was overtaking someone on the highway. I was recording a log during the trip, so is there a way to see if anything misfired or went wrong? I havenít replaced my spark plugs yet, so that could have contributed. I looked forward to your feedback.
Definitely! You have to regap your plugs if you're going to push boost. The factory plugs are gapped way to far for a solid ignition.

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#636)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Some cars can get away with map1 on stock plug gap, others need the gap closed. Super annoying.. But, it's one of the few flaws Kia made with this platform.

Burger Motorsports

(#637)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default Yesterday, 05:35 PM

I have attached 3 map 6 logs. Looks like it is going rich from the logs.
4.5 gallons e85 with 93 octane.
No break up that i felt and pulls all the way through. My IATs always stay 20 to 25* above ambient.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 6 e30-1.csv (9.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv map 6 e30-2.csv (9.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv map 6 e30-3.csv (10.5 KB, 3 views)

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#638)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 06:46 PM

That's very aggressive tuning, but I don't see any obvious issues here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#639)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default Today, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That's very aggressive tuning, but I don't see any obvious issues here.
Should I bring it back down or would it be fine to leave there? I always want more power lol. Planning to do intercooler, exhaust, and water meth this spring.

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters