N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#326)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2018, 05:32 PM

Don't know but looks like a bearing issue to me too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#327)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 09-13-2018, 06:29 PM

Boost generally doesn't kill a turbo. Now shaft speed to get that boost...........
(#328)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Wink 09-13-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
A few more hard launches on map3 yielded a sub 3 second 0-60 with Jason@BMS behind the wheel.
I'll be back to M-cars soon I hope so get a move on, Terry LOL

You're getting close to my E63S launch time (EuroCharged ECU tune):

Name:  Tuned 0-60mph.png
Views: 69
Size:  102.1 KB

I'd also like you to make this virtually impossible once I've pulled the trigger on an M5 CP:

Name:  I 8 A M5.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  185.6 KB

My sarcasm aside: great stuff!

2018 AMG E63S
(#329)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-14-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
I'll be back to M-cars soon I hope so get a move on, Terry LOL

You're getting close to my E63S launch time (EuroCharged ECU tune):

Attachment 79248

I'd also like you to make this virtually impossible once I've pulled the trigger on an M5 CP:

Attachment 79249

My sarcasm aside: great stuff!
Wait till our JB4 comes out for the M177, then you can stack it on your flash

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#330)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer
That looks like a lot of compressor gap and maybe scratches on the housing gap, are the bearings shot?
Turns out this customer was racing a lot on map3 at 7000'+ DA in CO. So likely is impeller speed related. Higher elevation guys may want to stay on map2 until we know if it's a trend or isolated case.

Burger Motorsports

(#331)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default Yesterday, 03:27 PM

Terry, do you think or know if the current JB4 beta will work with the comp. pkg?
(#332)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 03:28 PM

We've done a few, logs looked fine. Only seen map1 and map2 so far though. Not looked at race gas map3 yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#333)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default Yesterday, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've done a few, logs looked fine. Only seen map1 and map2 so far though. Not looked at race gas map3 yet.
Great, thank you!