N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 535i
Default N55 exhaust manifold on N54? - 04-01-2018, 06:46 PM

Would it be possible to fit the N55 manifold on the N54 the adjusting it to a T3 or T4 flange and slap a turbo on it?
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW E92
Default 04-02-2018, 05:48 AM

I'm not sure if it would fit. Anyways, that turbofold design is the current restriction on the N55's. The backpressure goes through the roof at high boost, that's why the majority of hybrid stg 2's can't make over ~530 hp.

2011 E92 ABR N55 Built Motor | ABR Built 6AT | Big Boost 3.4 Turbo Kit | JB4 + MHD | xPH Stg3 Flash | Fuel-It Stg 3 LPFP | Fuel-it PI Kit | COBB Exhaust | E85 |
(#3)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-02-2018, 06:10 AM

Spacing and gasket style between cylinders is the same on the N54/N55 engines, however the bolt pattern is different. Also agree with alexis that if you are going to go through all of this hassle, you'd be better off not using the OEM N55 manifold but rather the OEM N54 manifolds for better flow. On this note we have several OEM N54 manifolds cut off, if you are itching to do some fab work on your own kit let us know and we will get you a set of these manifolds for a great price to get started on it.

Rob
Attached Images

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-15-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Spacing and gasket style between cylinders is the same on the N54/N55 engines, however the bolt pattern is different. Also agree with alexis that if you are going to go through all of this hassle, you'd be better off not using the OEM N55 manifold but rather the OEM N54 manifolds for better flow. On this note we have several OEM N54 manifolds cut off, if you are itching to do some fab work on your own kit let us know and we will get you a set of these manifolds for a great price to get started on it.

Rob
just wondering...

The part of manifold(circle) fit on n54??
bolt patern is different?..then can use our flange nut??
Don't know much about the car...
but need to change my ST exhaust manifold.
If I want to use that part of n55 exhaust on n54 ...then what need I do to fit that on n54???
Attached Images

l CP forged piston(84.5mm & 9.2:1) l CP Connecting Rod l VAC rod bearing l Head Gasket 1,52MM l APR Head bolt l Fuel it PI Kit(550cc) with JB controller l stage 3 fuel kit with return line and Hobbs switch l custom single turbo ( PT6262 Ceramic ball bearing l custom exhaust l BMS meth kit l Kw-v3 coilover l brembo 6p & 4p l BBS RGR 19" l ER charge pipe with forge diverter valve l CP-e intercooler and oil cooler l custom Tranny cooler l mhd l xhp stage 3 l
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-15-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335i
just wondering...

The part of manifold(circle) fit on n54??
bolt patern is different?..then can use our flange nut??
Don't know much about the car...
but need to change my ST exhaust manifold.
If I want to use that part of n55 exhaust on n54 ...then what need I do to fit that on n54???
It will not fit.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.