N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Registered Users

Car: M135i
Exclamation Trims not working and running lean - 11-22-2016, 10:48 PM

Hi chaps

What the hell happened here? Looks like trims are not working and I go lean until they wake up Is this a FW bug??? What would have happened if this was map6 or map3 in kill mode?

FW: ISO_4
Mods: See my signature
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv map4-2 PID10 high AFR.csv (19.0 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by harkes; 11-22-2016 at 11:06 PM..
(#2)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-23-2016, 03:50 PM

Terry

I'd really like to know what you think about this? I get scared seeing a log like this...
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 11-23-2016, 04:20 PM

Have you been running map 8 and now are running map 4?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-23-2016, 05:54 PM

Not heard of map8 before and never run it.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2016, 05:58 PM

Trims = 25 mean you are stuck in open loop fuel mode. Normally caused by an o2 sensor fault or some issue with the o2 sensor.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-23-2016, 07:39 PM

Should I not be getting an error code for that? You have now moved lean protection down to 3500rpm for ISO_5 but at what AFR does it kick in? Will it save my engine if this occurs again?
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2016, 08:32 PM

With that ISO F series firmware lean run would kick in over 3500rpm AFR leaner than 15:1, for more than a second.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-23-2016, 08:47 PM

If car went into open loop would I not get an error code for that?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2016, 08:57 PM

No the DME won't throw an error for sticking in open loop fueling mode. It's pretty dumb like that.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-23-2016, 11:51 PM

Did some more DB tuning and forgot about the "open loop issue". My mistake, but why does the lean protection not work from zero rpm???

This is map3 with all the JB4 nannies at work - I wouldn't expect something like this to be possible...

Yes, I know my trims are maxed out - already increased FOL.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Map3-75adder.csv (85.4 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by harkes; 11-24-2016 at 01:29 AM..
(#11)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-25-2016, 05:33 PM

BUMP.... Can someone help me with some answers?
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 11-25-2016, 06:25 PM

It would help if you did not start the run from a zero pedal position. Run for at least 5 seconds to allow the AFR to get back in range from the coasting period before going WOT. This should not be necessary when ECU learns to up the fuel and if within range of fuel trims and FOL.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#13)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-26-2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
It would help if you did not start the run from a zero pedal position. Run for at least 5 seconds to allow the AFR to get back in range from the coasting period before going WOT. This should not be necessary when ECU learns to up the fuel and if within range of fuel trims and FOL.
I have been doing hundreds of pulls like this, so why does it not work anymore? Is it an O2 sensor problem or a JB4 problem? It would be nice to drive the car without have to worry if I break it.