N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: F83
Default 03-04-2015, 09:11 PM

Ive been playing a bit more with it and have noticed that the angel eye mod has a sideeffect of overriding the Daytime running lamps checkbox in Menu > Settings> Lighting

I have the canadian spec which has DRL, and iwthout the module plugged in I am able to set my headlamp switch to 0 then toggle this checkbox in the lighting menu to turn my angel eyes(DRL) on or off, this mod appears to force the angel eyes on all the time, So I guess for USDM spec it would force DRL?
(FTR: I activated the checkbox in HU_NBT via coding)

as for the boost guage, id like to see the time needed (duration of positive boost) to toggle the guage switchover lowered..not the psi but the time it takes to switch im always already speeding by the time it kicks in lol, or even having the option to always be a boost guage, can still see the gas on est distance remaining

would be cool to see it digital in the kombi or hud
Anyways yea im just spitting out ideas
(#77)
Old

Car: 2015 mineral gray m4
Default 03-05-2015, 05:23 PM

OK see heres my review of the latest firmware

All the functions work for the most part. Sometimes I've noticed randomly the unit when let me get into the menu system or change anything at all. It will stay in whatever was preselected before. the only way to fix it is to disconnect it from the obi port turn the car on and off and reconnect and it will work again.

Also with the led halos option, sometimes the lights will remain on which is awesome, but randomly it won't? seems to have no rhyme. Also sometimes only the top leds stay illuminated, not the actual halos until the car is locked.

Also to get into the menu system you will almost always reset some setting int he dash, not sure if you can adjust it somehow.

Ive also noticed its a bit delayed when it starts up, not sure if there is a way around this besides turning the ignition on then waiting a few seconds and starting the engine.

I think the biggest issues is it randomly not working, which i still haven't figured out why. Great product so far, so just got a little minor bugs, thanks!
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2015, 08:14 PM

The menu system and some of these new features may be a bit buggy. We'll keep working on it!

On the LEDs do you guys want them to stay on when turning off the ignition, or turn off?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 03-06-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80m4rocks
OK see heres my review of the latest firmware

Also with the led halos option, sometimes the lights will remain on which is awesome, but randomly it won't? seems to have no rhyme. Also sometimes only the top leds stay illuminated, not the actual halos until the car is locked.
I have seen this too on mine, but I find it cool.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old

Car: F83
Default 03-06-2015, 02:57 AM

I can confirm the same stuck behavior, twice I've had it happen, it appears to be caused by entering the menu while driving, the tack moving while menu switching, and then the internal indicators get stuck and nothing but turning off the vehicle and securing it so the device loses power, gets it unstuck.

and I've noticed the same in the delay with starting, have to turn on ignition, wait a second then hit break and start to have the flap open, not a big deal at all.

Ive never had it just not work like f80m4rocks is reporting, but everything else I can second. Also cant get into the menu without changing the flap behavior.

If you can make the angel eyes turn off when the headlamp is on 0, that would be default behavior, otherwise anyone without DRL would get them when they turn on this feature.

Is it possible mine shipped with a firmware thats 5-20 psi and still has menu? I don't see my gauge kick in for a few seconds after I'm in boost
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2015, 04:47 PM

I was able to check out our 435i in more detail today and couldn't find any evidence of active sound on the CANbus. I didn't pull the covers to check for the module itself.

Can anyone verify if any non-M models are equipped with active sound?

Burger Motorsports

(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2015, 07:58 PM

On you guys who have gotten the menu system stuck, I was poking around and couldn't get it to lock up. See if you can come up with a repeatable process. That will make it much easier for me to track down and fix that issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Car: 2013 F21 M135i MT
Default 03-09-2015, 01:07 AM

Hey Terry, I know that all F20/21 M135i and F22 M235i come with active sound. Not sure about F30 and F32.

2013 F21 M135i 6MT
JB4 / PWG / BMS intake / BMS meth kit / FSB / ER CP / Down Pipe / VTT stg1 / Pure inlet / GFB DV+ / AFE air scoop / N20 Tmap / Rev3 Connect / M performance exhaust / ACS springs / H&R Trak spacers / M Performance V2 steering
(#84)
Old

Car: M3 F80
Default 03-10-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On you guys who have gotten the menu system stuck, I was poking around and couldn't get it to lock up. See if you can come up with a repeatable process. That will make it much easier for me to track down and fix that issue.

Finally got mine delivered today ..UK customs held on to it and took a while to advise me .

Anyway fitted it in no time , I took panel off and hid the cable and module under the panels , looks very neat and tidy , as a euro car the OBD port looks as if it is situated differently to your cars.

Had some confusion re menu , looked for instructions in website , they are there but they do not cover what options are in the menu. However now looking at this thread I can see at the start this is covered off.

Exhaust sounded great , best I have heard so far , only had car circa two weeks and not had much chance to have sports plus on and hit the revs , so it's fantatsic to have some exhaust music in the most softest setting . It's change my view about having to bug an expensive exhaust straight away.

I however have the issue of it not responding and i had to unplug on two separate occasions , one of these I had the right indicator light stuck in and the turn signals would not work. Hope it all settles down but I will monitor and advise if otherwise.

Question

Love the light mod but can this stay on all of the time or shield i only look to
activate during night time driving ? If they can stay on is there any concern around the life span if the led light ? I am not a tech guy and have no understanding how things works.

Andy
(#85)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2015, 05:22 PM

Shouldn't be any concern with the led life.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Car: M3 F80
Default 03-11-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Shouldn't be any concern with the led life.

Cheers Terry , I will leave them one as they do look cool. Just hit home from work and started car with flap open , it's a neighbour waking exhaust now . Yesterday car had been run so no cold start experienced.

Loving it , I will watch out for any firmware additions down the line .

Thanks again great product at a get price , I will be posting on UK forum how pleased I am.
(#87)
Old

Default 03-11-2015, 05:30 PM

still trying to figure out why it randomly gets stuck, will keep attempting to find a repeatable process and update.

Heres one thing, when we leave it in open flap mode and turn the car off and come back the next day and start the car, why does it take a second or two to open the flap again? Is there any code-able way to leave it open like simulating disconnecting the actual wire for instant response?
Again this isn't a big issue but was just pursing ideas

Will keep updating!
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80m4rocks
still trying to figure out why it randomly gets stuck, will keep attempting to find a repeatable process and update.

Heres one thing, when we leave it in open flap mode and turn the car off and come back the next day and start the car, why does it take a second or two to open the flap again? Is there any code-able way to leave it open like simulating disconnecting the actual wire for instant response?
Again this isn't a big issue but was just pursing ideas

Will keep updating!
So that it doesn't drain your battery it goes to sleep mode when turning off the ignition. When you turn the ignition back on it takes a couple seconds for it to wake up and send the open flap command. It's an area we could improve with faster wake up. But then again on the other side of that coin we've also had people request we increase the delay to say 30 seconds from start up. As much as possible we'll try to make the various options user selectable as I imagine everyone will have their own taste on that.

On the locking up, does that happen regardless of whether or not you have your boost gauge enabled?

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Default 03-11-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
So that it doesn't drain your battery it goes to sleep mode when turning off the ignition. When you turn the ignition back on it takes a couple seconds for it to wake up and send the open flap command. It's an area we could improve with faster wake up. But then again on the other side of that coin we've also had people request we increase the delay to say 30 seconds from start up. As much as possible we'll try to make the various options user selectable as I imagine everyone will have their own taste on that.

On the locking up, does that happen regardless of whether or not you have your boost gauge enabled?
Ahh, i see what you're saying. Yea that would be awesome if we could choose how long or short we want the delay to be!

As far as the locking up goes, i never actually turned off the boost gauge. I just kept it on the default setting which was on. Although its a cool feature, it obviously doesn't have much utility in everyday driving. Ill try turning it off tomorrow and report back in a week. Just so were clear, i probably drive my car around ~25 times a week (to work and back and gym etc), probably needs to be unplugged ~2-4 times a week. Thanks terry, will keep you updated!
(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2015, 07:11 PM

Thanks. Knowing if its related to the boost gauge function will help me narrow it down greatly.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Car: BMW F80 M3
Default 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM

I didn't read through all of the pages of the thread, so I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

My F80 is on its way and will be here in April, but in anticipation, I've already ordered and received the CAN Flap module. I also ordered the USB cable. I have a Mac though and don't know how to open/use .hex files. Do I need to do anything or just plug into my computer?

Do I even need to upload anything to the module, or can I just plug it straight into the OBDII port when my car comes?

Thanks!
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14
I didn't read through all of the pages of the thread, so I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

My F80 is on its way and will be here in April, but in anticipation, I've already ordered and received the CAN Flap module. I also ordered the USB cable. I have a Mac though and don't know how to open/use .hex files. Do I need to do anything or just plug into my computer?

Do I even need to upload anything to the module, or can I just plug it straight into the OBDII port when my car comes?

Thanks!
Just plug it in and go. If you want to update the firmware you can use any JB4 interface. The windows and iOS interfaces are free in the N54 section. There are also android and iphone interfaces but the vendors have a small charge for them.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Car: BMW F80 M3
Default 03-12-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Just plug it in and go. If you want to update the firmware you can use any JB4 interface. The windows and iOS interfaces are free in the N54 section. There are also android and iphone interfaces but the vendors have a small charge for them.
Awesome, thank you for the quick response!
(#94)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2015, 02:46 PM

Bit of good news. At least some of the commands work on the M5 as well. We were able to test the LED mode, boost gauge, and active sound mute. I'm not sure about the exhaust flap commands though. I'll verify next week when time permits.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Car: Cayenne GTS
Default 03-19-2015, 12:13 PM

Hi there, two weeks ago I ordered an F82 which will be delivered in May.... Can hardly wait for it and do already count the days. Beeing interrested in the CAN Flap Module I have two questions:

1. Is the normal function of the BC button (switching through BC menus) still possible without changing CAN Flap Settings? In the videos I have seen always both funtions were affected.

2. If I want to go back to OEM settings without leaving a trace, what is to be done? Do I only have to disconnect the module from OBD or do I have to reset/delete any settings?

Great module btw
(#96)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector
Hi there, two weeks ago I ordered an F82 which will be delivered in May.... Can hardly wait for it and do already count the days. Beeing interrested in the CAN Flap Module I have two questions:

1. Is the normal function of the BC button (switching through BC menus) still possible without changing CAN Flap Settings? In the videos I have seen always both funtions were affected.

2. If I want to go back to OEM settings without leaving a trace, what is to be done? Do I only have to disconnect the module from OBD or do I have to reset/delete any settings?

Great module btw
1) That is the intention. We'll have to check the timing out to ensure you can toggle through options with a quick press and do CANflap options with a more prolonged press.

2) Just unplug it. It's 100% passive and only functions when plugged in to the OBDII port.

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old

Car: Cayenne GTS
Default 03-28-2015, 11:54 AM

Thanks Terry - good news for me

Does that mean after using and unplugging the module no error should be written to memory or ECU?

Or is the Diagnostic Code Delete function intended to undo those impacts?
(#98)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2015, 12:08 PM

The OBDII CAN module does not itself generate or leave any codes behind. It's just an OBDII tool like any code reader you might pickup at an auto parts store. Except that it has BMW specific commands stored and the various features in the menu system.

Burger Motorsports

(#99)
Old

Car: 2010 535i 6MT M-sport
Default 04-01-2015, 01:36 AM

Terry - Can you clarify how to toggle on and off a feature in the menu? Specifically, I'm trying to disable active sound. So, after holding the top button on the left stalk down for about 10 seconds and I see both blinkers flash, do I then just tap the top button to toggle between the various positions on the tach? When I get to the 1st position - Active sound MUTE - flap open, how do I toggle the option "on" (get the left blinker to flash)? Do I push the top button on the left stalk? Or is there a different button I push to toggle the options on and off?

BTW, this is for an F80 M3, not the E60 535i in my profile. I have no idea how to update the car in my profile either.

Thanks.

Last edited by AlterZgo; 04-01-2015 at 01:43 AM..
(#100)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2015, 05:16 PM

The way it works is for each menu the left blinker or right blinker will show. Left is on right is off. Selecting the option switches the blinker from left to right or right to left.

Burger Motorsports