N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3126)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 06-04-2017, 12:58 PM

Whats the loud air whoosing sound on cold start for about 15 seconds, does it on map 1, doesn't do it on map 0 with JB4 off.

N55 PWG latest firmware, anyone else getting this on cold start?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3127)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2017, 01:03 PM

Probably just hearing more sucking sound via the intake from your PWG DWP/anti-lag setting.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3128)
Old
Vintage

Default 06-04-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Probably just hearing more sucking sound via the intake from your PWG DWP/anti-lag setting.

Yea that is what it sounds like, alot of air sucking in... Im on the default settings.
I thought it was the fan at first lol.

As long as its normal..

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3129)
Old
Vintage

Default 06-05-2017, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Since we are on topic, is there a DWP setting that will set it to oem operation?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3130)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-06-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Yes it's a work in progress for the new dash layout. Use JB4 mobile for now.
Hi T
Any ETA for this?
Customer wants to use Flap Control (exhaust)

335i N55 DCT
(#3131)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 06-07-2017, 05:15 AM

Is there any update on bringing out Map 8 for the F Series ?
(#3132)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Coupe 6MT
Default 06-09-2017, 09:04 AM

OK, so I read through the install directions multiple times, and skimmed this thread, but I'm still a bit confused. I have a F32 with the EWG. Will I need to splice/posi-tap any wiring, or is it it all plug n' play for this model?

Also, the only way the steering wheel controls are active to change maps is by using the OBDII adapter?

Last edited by trohde78; 06-09-2017 at 03:35 PM..
(#3133)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2017, 09:27 AM

G series dash stuff is a work in progress. Patience will be required.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3134)
Old

Car: 235i
Default 06-09-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78
OK, so I read through the install directions multiple times, and skimmed this thread, but I'm still a bit confused. I have a F32 with the EWG. Will I need to splice/posi-tap any wiring, is it it all plug n' play for this model?

Also, the only way the steering wheel controls are active to change maps is by using the OBDII adapter?
If using the obd2 you dont need to positap. I believe positap is no longer supported.
(#3135)
Old

Car: BMW 435i 6MT
Default 06-09-2017, 09:21 PM

Evening yall!

I just installed my JB4 with the BT adaptor and am running the mobile app as well. In short, after a quick around the neighborhood run.. woah!

I am really impressed and cant wait to add more to the car and options here. I have a bone stock 2014 F32 435i, which of course is the stock charge pipe. I am running map 1 by default of course, but am also reading map 5? I run E93 (premium from good companies) gas 100% of the time. Would I benefit more from running map 5, or should wait on anything beyond 1 until I upgrade the CP?

Thanks and welcome and all feedback.
(#3136)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 06-09-2017, 09:58 PM

I'm curious to know the benefits of Map 5 too for a stock car or a car with an intake. It definitely felt like it was pulling harder on Map 5 over 1 for me but i had so little time in the car before the CP blew.

For warning though. I had my stock F33 on Map 5 when i first ran it and blew my CP 5 minutes later, so that was my experience with it. No fun waiting a week to drive your new toy. My VRSF got installed today though and its running noice.
(#3137)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 06-10-2017, 03:01 AM

Is N55_FSERIES_OBDII_EWG_11_T12.hex a new FW?

2016 M135i - JB4, standard
(#3138)
Old

Car: F10 535i M-Sport
Default 06-15-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
adding pwg10 for map1 boost bug and easy upload by jbmobile
EDIT - Nevermind, just realized that PWG 11 is listed on the first post.
(#3139)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 06-15-2017, 05:46 PM

I went to update my JB4 to 11 T12. and noticed there was an 11 T13 now?

Terry any changes?
(#3140)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2017, 06:09 PM

Minor fix on T13. Not worth updating.

Burger Motorsports

(#3141)
Old
Vintage

Default 06-16-2017, 10:48 AM

Pwg 11 and ewg 11... time to update!

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3142)
Old

Car: BMWX4 35i
Default Question about JB4 bluebooth - 06-17-2017, 06:52 PM

My bluetooth logging does not seem to work properly. I believe I connect every wire right. But on my phone, it does not show any numbers (see pic 1). When I disconnect and reconnect the numbers just stuck there (see pic 2). The only thing that seems to work is the map display.

I have a x4 35i. Does this happen to any other x series users out there?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrq5ewt6ma...1.PNG.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/agzww518uu...0.PNG.png?dl=0
(#3143)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chentw
My bluetooth logging does not seem to work properly. I believe I connect every wire right. But on my phone, it does not show any numbers (see pic 1). When I disconnect and reconnect the numbers just stuck there (see pic 2). The only thing that seems to work is the map display.

I have a x4 35i. Does this happen to any other x series users out there?
For technical support use the support forum, and include installation photos, a CSV or photos of firmware version and settings, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#3144)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 06-19-2017, 05:05 AM

EWG 12 is up!
(#3145)
Old

Default 06-19-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak
EWG 12 is up!
There is an update? Can you link me? i can't seem to find it.
(#3146)
Old

Car: '15 435i F33
Default 06-19-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
There is an update? Can you link me? i can't seem to find it.
It's in Post #1 in this thread - down toward the bottom of that post is where the firmware files are always posted
(#3147)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-19-2017, 03:23 PM

Are there other minor updates, except the ones mentioned on the first page?
Just wondering if it might be worth updating the firmware if i already have rev 11 and everything is running fine.
(#3148)
Old

Default 06-19-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Are there other minor updates, except the ones mentioned on the first page?
Just wondering if it might be worth updating the firmware if i already have rev 11 and everything is running fine.

Thanks! Sorry new to the JB4 stuff
(#3149)
Old

Car: 535i F10 N55
Default 06-21-2017, 08:52 AM

I know these questions have probably been answered somewhere, but there are so many pages so i'll just ask here, any help would be appreciated. I just installed the jb4 on my 2012 535i (N55, F10) , only mod is a BMS intake, I run with a 30% E85 mix. Running the jb4 on MAP 2 is an absolute blast, I only have a few questions though.

1 - Can the pedal response be adjusted using the computer interface or dash menu? I would LOVE to just leave it on MAP 2 but normal driving, Comfort mode, the throttle response is horrible! Worse than running without the tuner, i get a 2 second throttle delay.

2 - Where is the guide for the in dash menu for the F10 N55?!! Is there another button to use other that the BC button? How long to you hold it down for each function?

3 - Is it possible for the jb4 to only activate when switch into Sport and Sport+ modes while leaving the Comfort and Comfort+ mode pure stock. That is truly how I want my car to drive. I

4 - Is there an interface where you can access "ALL" of the jb4's options? There is the Computer Interface, in dash, wheel menu, and the jb4 app.
(#3150)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsone1
1 - Can the pedal response be adjusted using the computer interface or dash menu? I would LOVE to just leave it on MAP 2 but normal driving, Comfort mode, the throttle response is horrible! Worse than running without the tuner, i get a 2 second throttle delay.
It's not yet user adjustable on the JB4 end. Most customers use the factory comfort-sport mode options to set throttle to torque feel.

Quote:
2 - Where is the guide for the in dash menu for the F10 N55?!! Is there another button to use other that the BC button? How long to you hold it down for each function?

4 - Is there an interface where you can access "ALL" of the jb4's options? There is the Computer Interface, in dash, wheel menu, and the jb4 app.
Any and all info is in the first post.

Quote:
3 - Is it possible for the jb4 to only activate when switch into Sport and Sport+ modes while leaving the Comfort and Comfort+ mode pure stock. That is truly how I want my car to drive. I
No, although in comfort and eco mode the JB4 won't do anything unless you go very heavy on the throttle.

Burger Motorsports