2008 BMW 135i MT: Stock turbo FBO
502whp 593wtq
11.995 @122.08. 60' 2.041
3180lbs w/o driver
(#27)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 05-12-2016, 12:23 PM

I'm getting my vtt hotside chargepipe (outlet) installed in a week. I went with vtt because it's less leak prone without all the connections. I did speak with another forum member that had the mmp outlet and he said he trapped 2 mph higher in the 1/4 mile. Seems like a no-brainer if you're installing inlets too.

09 335xi AT, Pure Stage 2 'DD' turbos, JB4 G5 ISO w/anti-lag, MHD Trebila tune, xHP Stage 3, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, NGK 1 step colder plugs, BMS meth kit w/dual cm7, BMS DCI, VTT inlets/outlet, RB PCV valve, BMS OCC, N20 tmap, Cyba Scoops, Lux H8 160, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF DP, Custom exhaust, VRSF Chargepipe, GFB SV50 BOV, ER Sport Series Oil Cooler, UUC front sway, M3 rear sway w/powerflex bushings, BC Racing coilovers, Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads
(#28)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 05-12-2016, 02:59 PM

I had MMP inlets/outlets and after I installed the outlets, I picked up 2 mph in the 1/4... So, I'd say they are worth the couple hundred dollars.
(#29)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-12-2016, 03:33 PM

Both BumbleB and I have them. They work great, install was a pain in the ass and we had to cut about 2" section of the pipe to get it to work.

Worth the install and defentily spool much faster.
(#30)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-12-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky92
When I installed mine, well attempted to, install my MMP outlets. The long pipe that runs from the back to the front, it sits snug between the coolant pipe and the frame, when the engine moves, won't it damage that pipe over time?
Sounds like possibly that piece is on backwards. Tech installed mine that way initially, once he flopped it around it fit better.

2007 E90 Jet Black/ VRSF 7" FMIC/ VRSF CP/ VRSF lower CP/ HKS BOV/ VRSF **'s/ AFE Stage 2 CAI/ AFE Catback/ Dual Oil Coolers/ Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP/ MMP inlets/ MMP outlets/ MMP Stage 3 Turbos/ MMP Port Injection/ BMS Catch Can/ RB PCV/ NGK's 5992 @ .018/ Alpina Flash/ MHD/ Split Second AIC6/ ***** E50 Tuned/ 19" Niche M116 Wheels/ Toyo R888's & Toyo T1R's/ H&R Springs/ CSL Trunk/ M3 Rep front bumper with M3 ducts/ Cyba Scoops/ Custom headlights, Custom Tail Lights/ JVC HU with backup camera/ amp
(#31)
Old

Default 05-13-2016, 04:16 AM

It says in the direction, which way the pipe goes into the coupler.
(#32)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 05-13-2016, 07:18 AM

I was one of the first orders in the VTT group buy but got tired of waiting and the lies about it shipping "soon". I canceled my order and now have ordered VRSF inlets (the new driver side silicone ones, which I received this week) and their new silicon outlets. ETA on the outlets is 5/17 so I'll let you know how they turn out when they get here.
(#33)
Old

Car: 335i Cp TiAg JB3 DCI
Default 05-13-2016, 01:30 PM

Had a few email me that they have had trouble installing the outlets so I updated the install instructions you can download on my website. They don't come hard copy in the box but they are available to everyone online and when customers buy they get an automatic email that links them to the install instructions so not sure why people are saying I don't provide instructions. The install guide was updated to be very specific in the order which it needs to be installed to fit first to last piece and how everything should fit exactly and also noted that you need to use lubrication to move the pieces around to get to fit perfect because silicone and aluminum stick together and don't allow movement easily. Following the instructions it's a breeze, but if you just jump in and try to "get er done" you will get frustrated, rework, and waste a lot of time and probably email me "this doesn't fit" . Make sure to follow everything the install guide says.

Also note that stock pipes are 1.3", VTT is 1.5" and mine are 2". Mine are 136% more flow through area and VTT is 33% more flow through area so big difference there. Mine are the biggest that will fit in the area so that is why it's tight and you need to follow my guide to get everything to fit in the first try.

Stock Turbo 500whp 540wtq with MMP inlets
http://mmp-e.com
  • inlets (high flow and one piece silicone)
  • high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#34)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-13-2016, 06:25 PM

MMP -

Install guide does seem considerably improved but you still need pics of a final install with where to position T-bolt clamps for easy access and tightening.

2007 n54 e90 sedan (1/07 date), JB4 G5 ISO - Map 3, BMS DCI, BMS Trunk Tank Meth Kit - two nozzle - CM7/CM10, BMS OCC, MHD Trebilia Flash, e60 (5 gallons of 93 and 11 gallons E85), Stage 2 from Fuel-It, VRSF 7" FMIC, N54tuning.com V1 DP, ER Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV, NGK Iridium (one-step colder) plugs, N20 TMAP Sensor, RB turbo inlets, VTT outlets
(#35)
Old

Default 05-14-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp3719
MMP -

Install guide does seem considerably improved but you still need pics of a final install with where to position T-bolt clamps for easy access and tightening.
If you need someone to show you which way to put a T bolt clamp; Let a shop do the install.
(#36)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-14-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt0407
If you need someone to show you which way to put a T bolt clamp; Let a shop do the install.
Thanks Internet Tough Guy.

I have done FMIC, fuel pump, charge pipe, ***, meth kit, starter, plugs, coils, etc etc myself and VTT Hotside charge pipe. This is the only job I have been unable to complete.

I have had multiple people PM saying they have up on an MMP install. Instructions were abysmal. They are now better but incomplete. Who doesn't show pictures of a completed install in a set of instructions?

2007 n54 e90 sedan (1/07 date), JB4 G5 ISO - Map 3, BMS DCI, BMS Trunk Tank Meth Kit - two nozzle - CM7/CM10, BMS OCC, MHD Trebilia Flash, e60 (5 gallons of 93 and 11 gallons E85), Stage 2 from Fuel-It, VRSF 7" FMIC, N54tuning.com V1 DP, ER Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV, NGK Iridium (one-step colder) plugs, N20 TMAP Sensor, RB turbo inlets, VTT outlets
(#37)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 05-14-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt0407
Have mmp outlets on my car...it's tight but everything fits...
(#38)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-14-2016, 07:27 AM

I helped a buddy solve some boost leak issues on MMP outlets he had installed. I'll be keeping it simple and getting full silicone outlets. Seems obvious to me that the benefits outweigh the supposed drawbacks.
(#39)
Old

Default 05-14-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSnakeman
I helped a buddy solve some boost leak issues on MMP outlets he had installed. I'll be keeping it simple and getting full silicone outlets. Seems obvious to me that the benefits outweigh the supposed drawbacks.
On the other hand significant gains have been reported with MMP outlets only.
(#40)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-14-2016, 12:42 PM

Fwiw vrsf should have some silicone outlets availible in the future if you don't like the current options. Mmp definitely should flow the best of all imo.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#41)
Old

Default 05-15-2016, 12:08 PM

I've had VTT outlet (pre-production sample piece) on my car for a while now and recently put MMP outlet on my friends car. Both cars show noticeably higher IAT than other cars and on both cars I used some heat wrap on the front turbos' silicone connections where they are extremely close to if not touching the exhaust manifolds. I don't have direct comparison of outlets only because both of these cars had a lot of other modifications done at the same time. I've been meaning to swap mine back out for stock to test the difference and will do so soon.

The MMP kit is certainly more difficult to install, and lots of connections leave lots of potential for boost leaks. I couldn't find instructions at the time of install and it took me several attempts to get all the water lines etc back into a functional position; combined with VTT inlets space was very limited.

(#42)
Old

Default 05-19-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJester
I was one of the first orders in the VTT group buy but got tired of waiting and the lies about it shipping "soon". I canceled my order and now have ordered VRSF inlets (the new driver side silicone ones, which I received this week) and their new silicon outlets. ETA on the outlets is 5/17 so I'll let you know how they turn out when they get here.
Interested to know about those VRSF OUTLETS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSnakeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurus_CEO
I've had VTT outlet (pre-production sample piece) on my car for a while now and recently put MMP outlet on my friends car. Both cars show noticeably higher IAT than other cars and on both cars I used some heat wrap on the front turbos' silicone connections where they are extremely close to if not touching the exhaust manifolds. I don't have direct comparison of outlets only because both of these cars had a lot of other modifications done at the same time. I've been meaning to swap mine back out for stock to test the difference and will do so soon.

The MMP kit is certainly more difficult to install, and lots of connections leave lots of potential for boost leaks. I couldn't find instructions at the time of install and it took me several attempts to get all the water lines etc back into a functional position; combined with VTT inlets space was very limited.
I have asked Mauricio aka MMP to make us silicone ONE PIECE outlets for months. Hopefully, when he clears his stock of these current outlets he'll get 1 piece silicone ones. I hate his current design with the **** ton of connections but I like him personally, his prices, and his customer service.
(#43)
Old

Default 10-25-2016, 12:30 AM

sorry to bump an old thread...

i was reading the instructions for the MMP silicone outlet and it says that you have to remove the windshield washer tank. is this mandatory for any other companies outlets? id rather not delete my washer tank.
(#44)
Old

Default 10-25-2016, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfantbabyjesus
sorry to bump an old thread...

i was reading the instructions for the MMP silicone outlet and it says that you have to remove the windshield washer tank. is this mandatory for any other companies outlets? id rather not delete my washer tank.
There is nothing that has to be permanently removed or deleted. Everything goes back after installation. Installed like 20 of them in the last month's.

335i N55 DCT
(#45)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 10-25-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM
There is nothing that has to be permanently removed or deleted. Everything goes back after installation. Installed like 20 of them in the last month's.
Well at least for the silicone outlets, the instructions state that the frame heat shield will have to be removed to fit the outlets. Maybe they can fit with it in place but I recommend just removing it.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#46)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 10-25-2016, 03:44 PM

I had the mmp outlets. They fit poorly and melted. Gains were not noticeable.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#47)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 10-25-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
I had the mmp outlets. They fit poorly and melted. Gains were not noticeable.
I ended up using felpro exhaust sheeting and bolted against the valve cover tray to make sure I didn't have that issue. Wasn't going to rely strictly on the little piece of heat tape that was provided. Gains were not to noticeable for me either, but as much as I have done to the car, it probably would only be noticeable on a dyno.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#48)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 12-10-2016, 07:01 AM

Well we all know turbo's love pulling air in as well as pushing it out! There will always be cons when your taking factory aluminum and replacing it with silicone. Why do you think they don't make a full outlet out of aluminum?
(#49)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 12-10-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
Well we all know turbo's love pulling air in as well as pushing it out! There will always be cons when your taking factory aluminum and replacing it with silicone. Why do you think they don't make a full outlet out of aluminum?
$$$

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#50)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-16-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
How about stainless?