N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1251)
Old

Car: 2013 328i M sport
Default 03-15-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
There is no benefit in changing the Air Intakes - the limiting factor is your down pipes.

You have four options

1) Purchase an DP *******
2) Purchase an DP sport (most expensive) should pass emissions tets
3) Find an original DP, and bash the CATs out - (will look OEM - but expect it to fail emissions tests, I understand performance gains are better than stock - but an DP ******* will perform better due to less turbulence)
4) Keep it stock and only run MAP 1
I agree. Keep it in map 1 if you're stock. Even tho I know the tune has a safety temperature fail safe(won't work below 160 or above 240, I think?) I've noticed in map 2 the temperature gauge getting a lot hotter than in the stock performance map.
So a ******** with the *** would still pass emissions? No engine light?
(#1252)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-15-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod33084
I agree. Keep it in map 1 if you're stock. Even tho I know the tune has a safety temperature fail safe(won't work below 160 or above 240, I think?) I've noticed in map 2 the temperature gauge getting a lot hotter than in the stock performance map.
So a ******** with the *** would still pass emissions? No engine light?
I hate these ********

If you are replacing your DP to be C A T L E S S - expect it to fail -however I am aware some times they can pass. I think having your engine warm does help - but depends on your country's specification of emission testing.

The JB4 will remove the CEL warning as I believe
(#1253)
Old

Car: 2013 328i M sport
Default 03-15-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
I hate these ********

If you are replacing your DP to be C A T L E S S - expect it to fail -however I am aware some times they can pass. I think having your engine warm does help - but depends on your country's specification of emission testing.

The JB4 will remove the CEL warning as I believe
Yea I would rather play the safer side and not deal with failed emmisions. I wonder if running map 2 with a catte'd DP would still trip an engine light...
(#1254)
Old

Default 03-15-2016, 09:20 AM

Check the manufacture of the DP website - as some differ - however the JB4 removes the warning
(#1255)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 03-15-2016, 09:48 AM

Map2 can be used with 93+ octane as well if you don't have DP you must have 93+ octane
(#1256)
Old

Car: BMW 328i F30 -13
Default 03-16-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobX3
Map2 can be used with 93+ octane as well if you don't have DP you must have 93+ octane
Are you sure? Will Shell V-Power 93 octane (+5% ethanol) work?
This is the most powerfull fuel in Sweden, where i live. In EU we call it 98 octane, which is the same as your 93.
(#1257)
Old

Car: BMW F10 520i
Default 03-18-2016, 05:39 AM

I see that the PWG firmware is available for download now. Is it official now?
(#1258)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 03-20-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3
Are you sure? Will Shell V-Power 93 octane (+5% ethanol) work?
This is the most powerfull fuel in Sweden, where i live. In EU we call it 98 octane, which is the same as your 93.
It would work. I have been running that for 3 years on map 2 without dp
(#1259)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 03-20-2016, 04:38 AM

may I ask if the all weather enclosure is made to fit the jb4 stage 2 for n20 pwg?

noticed the all weather enclosure shown below seems longer than the high temp enclosure, so must a board get changed or something?

all weather enclosure

high temp enclosure
(#1260)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2016, 07:59 PM

All enclosures fit all boards. For F series (including N20) we now include and suggest the water resistant. For E series the high temp is suggested as its already in a water proof DME box.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1261)
Old

Default 03-21-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
All enclosures fit all boards. For F series (including N20) we now include and suggest the water resistant. For E series the high temp is suggested as its already in a water proof DME box.
to clear up the confusion, does it mean my existing jb4 stage 2 as pictured

will fit into the all weather enclosure which appears slim and longer?

have never opened the jb4 stage 2 to see the board so i assumed its fat as the enclosure and thought it wouldn't fit into the slim all weather enclosure
(#1262)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2016, 08:05 AM

Yes, it will.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1263)
Old

Default 03-22-2016, 07:38 AM

thx! Btw is it possible for the jb4 to enable needle swipe on the f30 n20?
(#1264)
Old

Car: bmw 320i
Default 04-06-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, it will.
terry, please tell me by direct message , I have some doubts about JB4 , want your help
(#1265)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfunk
thx! Btw is it possible for the jb4 to enable needle swipe on the f30 n20?
No it's not an F series feature currently. Maybe down the road.

Burger Motorsports

(#1266)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipebmartins
terry, please tell me by direct message , I have some doubts about JB4 , want your help
I missed your question. What is it?

Burger Motorsports

(#1267)
Old

Default Waste Gate Rattle - 04-07-2016, 01:08 PM

I have an annoying sound, that is more noticeable in the cabin than in the engine bay. I believe from adding my new DP's its most likely waste gate rattle.

Since I have Z4 E89 with EWG

I understand there is no solution for waste-gate rattle for this Z4/X1 variant?

Reading other users, they have made tweeks within the "user adjustment settings"

What can I change to find a resolution?

Last edited by BIGBOYQ; 04-07-2016 at 01:24 PM..
(#1268)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2016, 03:36 PM

There is no WG adjustment for integrated EWG firmware like the N20 uses.

Burger Motorsports

(#1269)
Old

Car: 320i ActiveFlex
Default 04-11-2016, 07:53 AM

Terry, can i install ewg firmware onto a pwg board jb4? my engine has ewg, but my jb4 has a pwg board.
tks
(#1270)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2016, 01:15 PM

Support requests are deleted from the thread without being read. Use the support forum for personal assistance.

Burger Motorsports

(#1271)
Old

Car: 2013 328i M-Sport
Default 04-16-2016, 08:40 AM

Trying to figure out what settings to set as default on my JB4. 2013 328i with EWG, but I have an older JB4 made prior to the EWG differences. I don't have the EWG cable, my understanding is to still use the EWG firmware?

Also, I saw in the main post, it says "Set PID Gain to 10 and AutoShiftBoostReduction to 10. We also suggest lowering FF / Wastegate Adaption manually to 50 so it can learn itself up or down. All other settings are unchanged." Is this only if I am using the EWG cable?
(#1272)
Old

Car: F35
Default 05-12-2016, 07:40 AM

my car is f30
my tuner is lastest bms jb4
i ues map5
but i dont know why when im driving, it will change to map4 autoly sometimes, and the power also cannot beyond 1bar
(#1273)
Old

Default 05-19-2016, 04:50 AM

Anyone had issues with N20_OBDII_EWG_3.hex - as my JB4 is connected and visible - no errors or cels

But
NO RPM Recorded
NO BC controls work

E92 335i JB4 Stage 1 (Sold)
E89 28i JB4 Stage 2; Down P1pes; KW3's; 310bhp (Sold)
M2 N55 JB4; Down P1pes
(#1274)
Old

Car: 2012 328i
Default 05-23-2016, 04:42 PM

do we have the flash blinkers when engine up to temp and the startup needle sweep yet?
(#1275)
Old

Car: 428i JB4
Default 05-31-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod33084
Yea I would rather play the safer side and not deal with failed emmisions. I wonder if running map 2 with a catte'd DP would still trip an engine light...
I have ******* DP and run map 2 and havent seen a check engine light. I plugged it into the laptop to even see if i could see a warning in the JB$ an nothing there