N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1676)
Old

Car: '12 335i xDrive E92
Default 12-08-2015, 07:03 PM

I'm a bit confused. So what are my user adjustments supposed to be? I'm ISO with FF wires on a stage 2 lpfp(FBO). I'm just trying to make sure everything is solid before I start logging. Or do I just copy all the user adjustments on the first page that Terry had posted.

Thanks for any help!
(#1677)
Old

Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 12-22-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe
I'm a bit confused. So what are my user adjustments supposed to be? I'm ISO with FF wires on a stage 2 lpfp(FBO). I'm just trying to make sure everything is solid before I start logging. Or do I just copy all the user adjustments on the first page that Terry had posted.

Thanks for any help!
Did somebody answer you ? Im in the same boat i just did ISO and im wondering too
(#1678)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 135i
Default 12-22-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours
Did somebody answer you ? Im in the same boat i just did ISO and im wondering too
copy what is on the first page. That is why it is there.

Very happy JB4 user!
(#1679)
Old

Car: 2011 135i DCT
Default 12-25-2015, 09:47 PM

Is menu 11 for latest N55 ISO firmware Open Loop adjustment or Pedal Input? The N55 ISO guide says Open Loop but the N54 ISO it changed to Pedal Input.
(#1680)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2015, 10:54 PM

Open loop adjustment still on the N55 ISO.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1681)
Old

Default 12-27-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Open loop adjustment still on the N55 ISO.
Thanks, will we get those pedal input adjustments soon? Something I'd love to experiment with..
(#1682)
Old

Car: f30 328i
Default 01-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///N55Power
copy what is on the first page. That is why it is there.
I had contacted Jon some months ago about the user settings.
(#1683)
Old

Car: 08 sgm 135i
Default 01-15-2016, 04:15 PM

Sorry to bring this up so many years later but this exact thing is happening with my new winter setup. Does anyone know a fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara
The TPMS 4-6 option doesn't work for me on the latest firmware. It shuts off the light but then the light keeps on coming back on every mile and gives me the warning again.
(#1684)
Old

Car: 335i xDrive N55
Default 01-15-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp89
Sorry to bring this up so many years later but this exact thing is happening with my new winter setup. Does anyone know a fix?
I made a thread about this and terry responded saying it only works on some models/setups
(#1685)
Old

Default 01-16-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30luxline
I had contacted Jon some months ago about the user settings.
Well for starters, if you are an F30 328i owner, you are in the wrong section. you need to be in the N20 section.

Very happy JB4 user!
(#1686)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-02-2016, 06:26 AM

Hi Terry
Could you link the current Steering Wheel Control Guide to the front of this page?

Best

335i N55 DCT
(#1687)
Old

Car: f30 328i
Default 02-04-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Well for starters, if you are an F30 328i owner, you are in the wrong section. you need to be in the N20 section.
Thanks for the helpful comment but I am well aware of what platform I have.
(#1688)
Old

Default 02-17-2016, 02:38 PM

Looks like the development for the EXX chassis N55 is dead. There hasn't been an update in months lol.

Very happy JB4 user!
(#1689)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 02-17-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Looks like the development for the EXX chassis N55 is dead. There hasn't been an update in months lol.
+1

2011 E92 335i Auto | 0-60=3.6 | 11.7@125MPH SOLD
2014 E84 X1 35i | 0-60=4.55 | 12.75@107MPH | VRSF CP | BMS Intake | Custom MHD Tune | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 3 | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | DV+ | AR DP | AEM Methanol Injection
2019 Audi TT RS | 0-60=3.17 | 11.06@125 mph 92 oct | DS1 Stage 1 Tune
(#1690)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Not entirely dead, but shifted. I recently did an update for E series N55 port injection control that Fuel-IT is testing now.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1691)
Old

Car: 2011 335i
Default 02-17-2016, 08:17 PM

The slowdown is certainly reasonable and expected, but I would sure like to see the final bits finished up. There's no explanation for the final firmware version, installation and setup instructions are scattered across a bunch of different posts about ISO, Flex Fuel, Ground Bypass, etc. and there's no explanation for N55 log values. Should my timing curve look exactly like a N54? What is the equivalent of full pedal or full throttle on the N55? What parameters don't work (e.g. FP_L, IGN2, Fuel Enr, etc.)? What exactly happens when you select map 0 with the ISO mod? What board versions have ground issues and what are the symptoms?

Last edited by vespa; 02-17-2016 at 08:25 PM..
(#1692)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-17-2016, 08:42 PM

Terry, we still need 6 cylinder timing log capability. Any eta on that?
(#1693)
Old

Default 02-17-2016, 08:44 PM

Are you saying the documentation is scattered, incomplete and not verbose enough? Because this was my main frustration when I got my JB4.
(#1694)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 02-17-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan
This x 10000000000 please!!
(#1695)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa
The slowdown is certainly reasonable and expected, but I would sure like to see the final bits finished up. There's no explanation for the final firmware version, installation and setup instructions are scattered across a bunch of different posts about ISO, Flex Fuel, Ground Bypass, etc. and there's no explanation for N55 log values. Should my timing curve look exactly like a N54? What is the equivalent of full pedal or full throttle on the N55? What parameters don't work (e.g. FP_L, IGN2, Fuel Enr, etc.)? What exactly happens when you select map 0 with the ISO mod? What board versions have ground issues and what are the symptoms?
This thread deals specifically with N55 ISO BETA. Which I agree is not well documented. We'll slowly update the first post with additional information.

For E Series logging on ISO it's generally the same as N54 ISO. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask for additional information in this thread and we'll update it: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Regarding ground issues there is no general concern with grounding when running N55 ISO. If you encounter any strange fault codes or behavior you'd just make a thread in the support area. If enough people encounter some common issue then we would update the thread with additional details.

Burger Motorsports

(#1696)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan
It's not something I'm currently working on, sorry. Hopefully MHD or some flash company comes along and breaks apart the DME software to provide the ram addresses we'd need to datalog that. Until then it will need to by cyl1 only.

Burger Motorsports

(#1697)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-17-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's not something I'm currently working on, sorry. Hopefully MHD or some flash company comes along and breaks apart the DME software to provide the ram addresses we'd need to datalog that. Until then it will need to by cyl1 only.
Aren't the RAM addresses available for the N55's that are flashable via Cobb since Cobb can log the individual cylinders?
(#1698)
Old

Car: 135i N55 DCT
Default 02-26-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
i hope its not dead yet!
we still did not get MAF delete and 6cyl logs

135i N55 / KW V3 / CP-E charge pipe / CP-E 5" DP / CP-E 7" FMIC / JB4 S2 / MHD / K&N inbox / Custom made 3.25" catback / Tons of other mods
(#1699)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 02-26-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***sooba
i hope its not dead yet!
we still did not get MAF delete and 6cyl logs
COBB is saying the latest ROM (came out in Dec.) might be supported by the end of March, but no new features will be looked at for the N55. They have basically given up on the platform. MHD is the only hope now or if Terry were to try and go that route, but that isn't what he usually does. In the mean time JB4 it is!
(#1700)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 02-27-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn
COBB is saying the latest ROM (came out in Dec.) might be supported by the end of March, but no new features will be looked at for the N55. They have basically given up on the platform. MHD is the only hope now or if Terry were to try and go that route, but that isn't what he usually does. In the mean time JB4 it is!
I've spoken the MHD and it doesn't seem promising either. They. Aren't focusing on the N55.

N55 World Record 650whp 571tq
2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.