N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1101)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 10-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Hi Terry,

I had this issue of the error code of 104401 MAP sensor, intake pipe, electrical : Short circuit to B+

Is that the same issue as mentioned in the install guide now? (TMAP Repair)

After the fix, can I remove the wire or will the problem come back again?

For this case, can I just get a new set or harness to repair the problem, or is the problem now with the JB4. (in which, I may buy a new one)
(#1102)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 10-02-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphblade@SG
Hi Terry,

I had this issue of the error code of 104401 MAP sensor, intake pipe, electrical : Short circuit to B+

Is that the same issue as mentioned in the install guide now? (TMAP Repair)

After the fix, can I remove the wire or will the problem come back again?

For this case, can I just get a new set or harness to repair the problem, or is the problem now with the JB4. (in which, I may buy a new one)
I'm afraid it's a permanent hardware related error within the DME afaik. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think you're gonna have to keep the wire installed forever.
(#1103)
Old

Default 10-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
I'm afraid it's a permanent hardware related error within the DME afaik. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think you're gonna have to keep the wire installed forever.
When I remove the JB4, the code is gone. Seems like I need to get a new JB4 or do this repair =X

Anyway, canít find the additional posi tap wires on sale.

And confirm the ODB connection is ok for use with PWG cars?
(#1104)
Old

Default 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
When I remove the JB4, the code is gone. Seems like I need to get a new JB4 or do this repair =X

Good news! I hope I'm wrong.

If you need extra posi-taps, you can find them here:
http://www.burgertuning.com/N20_N26_JB4_upgrades.html
(#1105)
Old

Default 10-02-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:

Regarding the ODB connection, please read the 31st post. I think that answers your question.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=32603&page=2
(#1106)
Old

Default 10-05-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Regarding the ODB connection, please read the 31st post. I think that answers your question.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=32603&page=2
Yup, read that.

Question is if the obd cable (upgrade) will be the same for ewg and pwg cars... This is because I will be coming to the states in December, and probably will want to grab that together with some good stuff to save on the shipment =)
(#1107)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 10-05-2015, 05:37 PM

Hi Terry,

I've installed JB4 with OBDII wires to control it on BC button !!!
But We have a problem.

When I plug my Elm OBDII to read the car status on my iPhone, the JB4 turn down !!!
May be a conflit, I don't know why...
Did you face this problem before ?

I know More two people are with the same problem than me !!

We are using the last firmware EWG obdII ...

Could you please help us ?

Thanks you
(#1108)
Old

Car: F30 320i Activeflex
Default 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurabolin
Hi Terry,

I've installed JB4 with OBDII wires to control it on BC button !!!
But We have a problem.

When I plug my Elm OBDII to read the car status on my iPhone, the JB4 turn down !!!
May be a conflit, I don't know why...
Did you face this problem before ?

I know More two people are with the same problem than me !!

We are using the last firmware EWG obdII ...

Could you please help us ?

Thanks you
Totally expected, due to JB4 bandwidth use
(#1109)
Old

Default 10-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fea30boy
Totally expected, due to JB4 bandwidth use
AFAIK the JB4 cannot be used in conjunction with any other hardware that uses the OBD. I think the same happens when the P3 vent gauge is connected.
(#1110)
Old

Default 10-05-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Yup, read that.

Question is if the obd cable (upgrade) will be the same for ewg and pwg cars... This is because I will be coming to the states in December, and probably will want to grab that together with some good stuff to save on the shipment =)
I'd guess so but that's a question best answered by Terry.
(#1111)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 10-06-2015, 06:59 AM

Ow,

That is, a sad notice !!!
I will think about, get back to use the volume controls !!

marcoac14 : Me passa seu telefone para eu add no whats aqui, pode ser ?

Thank you
(#1112)
Old

Default 10-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurabolin
Ow,

That is, a sad notice !!!
I will think about, get back to use the volume controls !!

marcoac14 : Me passa seu telefone para eu add no whats aqui, pode ser ?

Thank you
Me manda seu nķmero por mensagem privada
(#1113)
Old

Default 10-06-2015, 07:27 PM

Hi Terry,

Understand that the ODB option is currently only available for EWG cars.

Can I actually buy it (on my trip to US) and wait for it to be available for PWG cars? Or will the entire device be different?
(#1114)
Old

Car: BMW F31 328i
Default 10-07-2015, 12:06 AM

hi guys just wondering if there is a function to turn off the cold start warming function for cold starts ? it just too loud for my neighbours

Last edited by jmoot28; 10-10-2015 at 04:36 PM..
(#1115)
Old

Car: 420iX
Default 10-07-2015, 12:38 AM

Hi Terry,

Could you clarify something? On the installation instructions for the JB4, it states that "newer JB4 EWG models ship with our new OBDII CANbus connection". Does that mean it has a molex connection point to take an optional OBDII connector (shown on P18), or is the actual connector included in the kit?

Lastly, my 420i will be an otherwise stock vehicle and I intend only to add a tuning kit such as yours (currently tossing up between a Stage 1 or JB4). If I go JB4, do I need the EWG harness as well, or is it purely optional and for the most part superfluous for the likes of me?

Thanks

Last edited by tunemebeemer; 10-07-2015 at 02:47 AM..
(#1116)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2015, 10:01 AM

THe N20_EWG systems shipped say 9/15/15 and later include a molex OBDII cable instead of POSI-TAPS for CANbus support. These OBDII models use the BC button for map switching, in dash gauges, etc, per the OBDII thread.

The EWG harness remains optional for high boost applications. So if you might be happy with Stage1 power levels for example, I don't see you needing the EWG even if you elect for more power with the JB4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1117)
Old

Default 10-09-2015, 10:14 AM

Thanks for the reply Terry,

I have recently emailed Ando for a query, but thought I'd share it here also. My 420i has an OBD 'door' on the A pillar kick panel and the OBD socket is right up against the door. Basically, I cannot connect an OBD2 unit to it now, which is a shame, as not only did I see it as a way out of the positap scenario, but was looking forward to the BC control advantages it provided.

Is my only option to positap under the engine cover (I have a manual) or is there anywhere else I can tap into (like just behind the OEM OBD socket)?

Last edited by tunemebeemer; 10-09-2015 at 10:55 AM..
(#1118)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 08:35 AM

Are you RHD? If your OBDII is pillar only then you can either wire to the OBDII connector directly using posi-taps, pull out the OBDII connector so there is more room to plug it in to the adapter, or just use the older posi-tap firmware where you connect to the DME directly for manuals.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1119)
Old

Default 10-10-2015, 02:59 PM

Thanks Terry,

Yeah I looked at the car today and I doubt very much I'd be able to get a cable down into the footwell. It has the master cylinder in front of the firewall and there doesnt seem to be any place to put a cable through. Yes, there's still the opportunity to connect to the DME. Not keen on that, but it's an option I guess.

Anyone else routed through a RHD F32?
(#1120)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 10-14-2015, 09:03 AM

How do the steering wheel controls work on X3?
(#1121)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 10-16-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoot28
hi guys just wondering if there is a function to turn off the cold start warming function for cold starts ? it just too loud for my neighbours
Terry ^^^

Wondering why JB4 N20 w/ ******* DP sounds much louder than ECU Flash ******* DP N20 ?
(#1122)
Old

Car: 428i JB4
Default 10-16-2015, 05:10 PM

I recently put a JB4 system on my 428i coupe. I was curious if anyone else has noticed there car shifting a little softer??? It seems like before the car would shift firmly.
(#1123)
Old

Car: Z4 N20
Default 10-21-2015, 03:02 PM

good evening,I have a JB4 but do not know to install and in my town do not have anyone to install. I would like to help me install my JB4 in my z4 N20. someone has a video of the installation in z4 n20? bought JB4 of a person wore in a 2015 320i, I have to change the firmware? please help me. Thank you and sorry for the English mistakes because I am Brazilian
(#1124)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW X1 28i
Default 10-22-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Are you RHD? If your OBDII is pillar only then you can either wire to the OBDII connector directly using posi-taps, pull out the OBDII connector so there is more room to plug it in to the adapter, or just use the older posi-tap firmware where you connect to the DME directly for manuals.
Hello Terry
Big fan of your work. I just installed the jb4 , on my 2015 BMW x1 28i . Running on map 1 right now. I was wondering is it safe to run it on map 5 . Is map 5 only for 320 or is it self learning map like it is for n54/n55. Also i am running the appropriate firmware for x1 with wheel controls enabled.

Thanks

Last edited by N20Guru; 10-22-2015 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling
(#1125)
Old

Car: F30 328i
Default 10-23-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunemebeemer
Thanks Terry,

Yeah I looked at the car today and I doubt very much I'd be able to get a cable down into the footwell. It has the master cylinder in front of the firewall and there doesnt seem to be any place to put a cable through. Yes, there's still the opportunity to connect to the DME. Not keen on that, but it's an option I guess.

Anyone else routed through a RHD F32?
Anyone else connected the new JB4 CANbus to the OBD port in a RDH drive car? ////edit///// All good - just did it this morning. //////edit///////

Last edited by Braddontroy; 10-23-2015 at 09:20 PM..