N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1201)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2015, 08:14 PM

Sure will do!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1202)
Old

Car: F80m3
Default 08-24-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Terry can you update the OBD Menu selection to make things more clear. Both for myself and my customers.

'0 map menu, map shown on tach (TACH shows Map)
'1 Active Sound MUTE (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'2 Boost gauge on fuel, scaling in dash is 0 to boost safety setting, turns on when gas pedal is pressed 50% or more and turns itself off when you resume low throttle use. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'4 OBDII Diagnostic Code Delete (Not sure on Menu's Here)
'5 1st gear boost limiter What do the values on Tach mean
'6 2nd gear boost limiter What do the values on Tach mean
'7 3rd gear boost limiter What do the values on Tach mean
Those would help a lot for tuning in my lc
(#1203)
Old
Demigod

Car: 07-335i
Default 08-25-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sure will do!
Thanks T..

'***************************************
'OBDII In Dash Menu

'1 Active Sound MUTE. (Tach = 0 (off/don't mute) Tach =1 (disable active sound))
'2 Boost gauge on fuel, scaling in dash is 0 to boost safety setting, turns on when gas pedal is pressed 50% or more and turns itself off when you resume low throttle use. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'4 OBDII Diagnostic Code Delete. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'5 1st gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'6 2nd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'7 3rd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)

So final question. The boost cap divided by 3, is it the boost reduction we are after or is it the absolute max boost we are targeting. My understanding it is the max boost you want the JB4 to run, with the lowest boost possible being stock target.

Now on an absolute target map can you target below stock targets?

Mike

www.n54tuning.com

(#1204)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2015, 08:10 AM

The boost cap is the maximum allowable boost per that gear. Boost can not target below the factory boost, but the factory boost might drop to 2psi if you're spinning really badly, so even lower values here will be more aggressive than higher values.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1205)
Old

Car: E92 335 2008
Default 08-26-2015, 11:36 PM

hi terry
i bought the jb4 last month
it came with the aluminum case and new obd plug
i wonder which firmware i have (i ordered the usb cable...)
but the real question is :

i tried to understand from the videos but still i cant get it
u use only one button to control everything?
can u post which buttons i need to use to enter the system and toggle maps , other stuff

i mean , something like the n54 jb4 chart that i can print and see all the option

but for now i install the bms intake and jb4 and i dont know how to use it
and "turn it on"
thanks
(#1206)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2015, 08:15 AM

BC button does everything per video.

Burger Motorsports

(#1207)
Old
Demigod

Car: 07-335i
Default 08-27-2015, 10:30 AM

The video in the first post explains it pretty clearly. Watch it a couple times. There is a menu list as well in the first post and in post 1203.

Mike

www.n54tuning.com

(#1208)
Old

Car: E92 335 2008
Default 08-27-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
The video in the first post explains it pretty clearly. Watch it a couple times. There is a menu list as well in the first post and in post 1203.

Mike
thanks mike
i played with it yesterday
i enter to the manu and seems the car was on map 1
its the first time that i enter the manu after the installation
?

also i wonder if i can run map 2 with 95 gas and bms intake only.....?

Last edited by Omritime; 08-28-2015 at 03:15 AM..
(#1209)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-29-2015, 02:13 AM

Hi Terry. Two questions:
a) Can I permanently drive the car on Map0?
b) does the JB4 still block the CAN Access with OBD Firmware + OBD Plug when I pull the Plug out?

335i N55 DCT

Last edited by 335iFFM; 08-29-2015 at 02:21 AM..
(#1210)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2015, 09:32 AM

a) Yes.
b) If the plug is removed from the OBDII the JB4 turns in to Stage1 without CANbus access.

Burger Motorsports

(#1211)
Old

Default 08-30-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
a) Yes.
b) If the plug is removed from the OBDII the JB4 turns in to Stage1 without CANbus access.
Hi T.
Installed everything except EWG wires. Didn't connect them together and just put them out of the way. Should I have connected them?

Best

335i N55 DCT
(#1212)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2015, 10:11 AM

I would to keep moisture out.

Burger Motorsports

(#1213)
Old

Default 08-30-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I would to keep moisture out.
Thank You.
Any plans to enhance steering wheel controls?
They are quite slow and don't seem to respond to every input.

Exhaust flap seems to be closing while driving with Jb set to OPEN (arrow to the left). Why is that? I'm running Map0 and they open first and seem to go back to OEM after some time (Jb still shows OPEN).

Edit:
Would be nice to have a Fast-Map-Switch-Button to toggle between two Maps faster. At the moment it really takes ages if you need/want a fast Map switch.

Best

335i N55 DCT

Last edited by 335iFFM; 08-30-2015 at 01:16 PM..
(#1214)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2015, 05:01 PM

We have years of S55 software development ahead of us.

Burger Motorsports

(#1215)
Old

Default 08-30-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
We have years of S55 software development ahead of us.
Haha. I hope so.
Any info regarding can flap?

335i N55 DCT
(#1216)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2015, 07:40 PM

Map 0 disables CANflap. If you want stock mapping with CANbus control use map 4.

Burger Motorsports

(#1217)
Old

Car: M3
Default 09-02-2015, 12:17 PM

What is the 1.51 version on the front page? I don't see any release notes around it? A full release notes history would really be great
(#1218)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 09-02-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S55Maniac
What is the 1.51 version on the front page? I don't see any release notes around it? A full release notes history would really be great
I'm guessing this firmware has to do with driving the car without the MAF sensors attached that T was talking to me about a couple of days ago.. But I could be totally wrong.
(#1219)
Old

Default 09-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Hi T.
Could you explain what Map5 is all about? Does it feel like a non-turbo car with this map or what does it do?

335i N55 DCT
(#1220)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2015, 06:01 PM

It's just an alternative boost profile that adds less boost at lower RPM and more at higher RPM. Try it out. Some like it. Most hate it. Myself among the latter group.

Burger Motorsports

(#1221)
Old

Default 09-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
It's just an alternative boost profile that adds less boost at lower RPM and more at higher RPM. Try it out. Some like it. Most hate it. Myself among the latter group.
Sounds good to me .
Boost is still above stock?
~ how much more than stock @ low/mid/high range?

Regarding Map6:
Is it also possible to adjust the Timing on Map6 or is it an "autolearn"/fixed value?

BTW:
Here is how I installed my JB.
Nearly undetectable.

Red is the main harness, green the attached sensors (no EWG) and turquoise is OBD + USB cable.

Really nice to install. Thank you for the high quality product, T.

335i N55 DCT

Last edited by 335iFFM; 09-02-2015 at 06:47 PM..
(#1222)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2015, 08:30 PM

Timing uses the DME adaption system within current production maps. Works well as its under timed from the factory a bit. And we've got some addl stuff we're testing on that front.

On map 5 just log it and you'll see its curve under the "target" line in the chart.

Burger Motorsports

(#1223)
Old

Default 09-03-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Timing uses the DME adaption system within current production maps. Works well as its under timed from the factory a bit. And we've got some addl stuff we're testing on that front.

On map 5 just log it and you'll see its curve under the "target" line in the chart.
Thank you T.
Do you have a changelog for 1.51?

335i N55 DCT
(#1224)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2015, 10:26 AM

No I have not posted one for 1.51 yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#1225)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 09-05-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks T..

'OBDII In Dash Menu

'1 Active Sound MUTE. (Tach = 0 (off/don't mute) Tach =1 (disable active sound))
'4 OBDII Diagnostic Code Delete. (Tach = 0 (off) Tach =1 (on))
'5 1st gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'6 2nd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'7 3rd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)

So final question. The boost cap divided by 3, is it the boost reduction we are after or is it the absolute max boost we are targeting. My understanding it is the max boost you want the JB4 to run, with the lowest boost possible being stock target.

Now on an absolute target map can you target below stock targets?

Mike
so if I am understanding this correctly, the boost cap on the tach for example for 6k rpm shown /3 would be a maximum of 20 psi and an 8k RPM shown would allow 26.6 psi?