N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default N20 Methanol Injection - 04-09-2015, 02:05 PM

Hey guys,

Working on remote tuning a customer using our EWG setup and a BMS meth kit. So far logs look solid. Hope this little motor hangs together... Lots of N20 firmware EWG updates on the way!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 04-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Interesting. Can you post a log with IAT?
Looking at AFR and ignition advance I guess it's a 28i engine?

You were able to hold a little more boost at power peak than me.

Edit: No meth injection. 5th gear on dyno
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 08:28 PM

ps. This is a 320i that was retrofit with a 328i flash.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 08:34 PM

Cool. I think I'm going for it and will just forget about custom flash for now.

So now I'm demanding from you here and via email at the same time =)
Thanks for helping man. You provide top notch customer support and beyond. Even when it has nothing to do with JB4. I appreciate that.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 08:39 PM

No worries better to keep the questions on the forum. For future generations.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 08:44 PM

For sure. Once I have it working the way it's meant to, I'll post a write up.

I'm not doing it as things progress because I don't want to be ashamed in case things go wrong LOL

It's better to keep quiet now and then reveals the 4 banger beast when time comes =)
(#7)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 04-10-2015, 10:54 AM

I have a friend here that runs Meth. for few month in his N20 but unfortunately he has a different tune, 25 psi that looks scary lol

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#8)
Old

Car: 328im
Default 04-11-2015, 08:28 AM

That's cool !
(#9)
Old

Car: 328im
Default 04-11-2015, 03:37 PM

and am looking for quick way to install the meth kit ...

is there anybody put the pump and tank in the front of car ?

am looking for the place ...

F31 328im Wagon
AFE intake , ER charge Pipe , BMS JB4 EWG board , BMS meth 80/20 , ER ******** + Akrapovic for 335i , M-performance Brake , OZ Formula HLT front 18*8J 245/40/R18 PSS , rear 18*9J 265/35/18 AD08R . Eibach Red Springs.
Waiting for my LSD....
(#10)
Old

Car: bmw f30 320i
Default 04-11-2015, 03:50 PM

wow great! )
looking forward.
interesting, 25psi is equal of about 350 hp? ))
(#11)
Old

Default 04-11-2015, 08:48 PM

Thi is what I got on a Dastek Dyno. Just as a reference, I think Terry dynod his 328 at 300 rwhp but boost was lower, mixture was richer and and less ignition advance. If the dyno is biased compared to Dynojets, it's not much.

Bear in mind that's crank hp and drivetrain loss is about 35 hp at 5500 rpm if I'm not mistaken.

(#12)
Old

Default 04-13-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Thi is what I got on a Dastek Dyno. Just as a reference, I think Terry dynod his 328 at 300 rwhp but boost was lower, mixture was richer and and less ignition advance. If the dyno is biased compared to Dynojets, it's not much.

Bear in mind that's crank hp and drivetrain loss is about 35 hp at 5500 rpm if I'm not mistaken.

wow impressive, what was the avg. boost ?

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#13)
Old

Default 04-13-2015, 08:27 AM

See post #2. It's the log.
(#14)
Old

Car: FBO 228i
Default 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM

Can't wait to install the meth kit in the coming weeks on my FBO 228i. I'm already at 330whp so I'm curious to see if I can break the the 350whp mark.
(#15)
Old

Default 04-14-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3lol
Can't wait to install the meth kit in the coming weeks on my FBO 228i. I'm already at 330whp so I'm curious to see if I can break the the 350whp mark.
Hey! Nice meeting you at the car show in Houston.
I think you could push your Hexon harder. How many psi does it deliver at 5500 rpm btw? I can't remember.

Cheers
(#16)
Old

Default 04-14-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Working on remote tuning a customer using our EWG setup and a BMS meth kit. So far logs look solid. Hope this little motor hangs together... Lots of N20 firmware EWG updates on the way!
Can you tell us more about the upcoming updates?

Are we also going to have duty cycle bias?
(#17)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 04-17-2015, 09:34 AM

if my car doesn't have ewg is it easier to tune for meth?
(#18)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 04-17-2015, 08:57 PM

Is there a kit that I can purchase from the website? Or the kit for the N54/N55 will work exactly the same?
(#19)
Old

Default 04-18-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3lol
Good luck. please post results here !

(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2015, 10:08 AM

The first N20 update coming is duty bias adjustments similar to what we've added to the N54 platform recently. So you can hand dial in your boost control.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 04-18-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The first N20 update coming is duty bias adjustments similar to what we've added to the N54 platform recently. So you can hand dial in your boost control.
So excited =)
(#22)
Old

Car: 135i n55
Default 05-17-2015, 12:58 AM

Anyone know, What additive is recommended for the n20 and what is the map 3 boost default before the additive is set ?

(#23)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisart
Anyone know, What additive is recommended for the n20 and what is the map 3 boost default before the additive is set ?
I am interested in meth kit, also.
Terry recommend additive to 30 scalar you can start.
I also hope to know base default psi on map3.
(#24)
Old
SICKwitIT

Car: DSBM 135i
Default 08-09-2015, 03:36 PM

how much power is the N20 putting down with JB4/Meth/DP

2011 BMW 135i N55/ Convenience Package/ M Sport Package/ Premium Package/ Cold weather Package/ JB4 N55 Stage 2/ Cyba Air Scoops/ Berk Technology DP/ Shadowline Rear Diffuser/ Blonix by Iss Forged B-Spec/18x9 and 18x10.5/ Accelera Tires/ 205/40/18, 225/40/18/ Brembo Calipers/ H&R Street Performance Coilover/Full Catback exhaust by Riss Racing/ BMS Intake
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2015, 08:10 PM

They can do around 300whp without much fuss but motor reliability is a bit questionable.

Burger Motorsports