N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#926)
Old

Car: 428i
Default 01-29-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The factory connectors are not available, so the removable posi-taps are the only option, if you want CANbus access.

They can be installed anywhere along the CANbus wires so if staying is discrete is a concern pick a more hidden area like under conduit, etc, to add them. We've been using the posi-taps on CANbus wires for years and have yet to have any issues with them.
Thanks, Terry.

I'll give it some more thought and decide between Stage 1 and JB4.
(#927)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 01-29-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
can you please do a 40-90mph or any video. just to compare it with racechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
This is all i have. 0-80mph. Map2. 21psi. 93 octane. DP. K&N drop in.

http://youtu.be/69EzMrcirXQ
This is good.. I'm 21-22psi too, no mods, 93 octane with Racechip
I beat X3 35i (same M-Sport as me, same DWS tires as me) by 2-3ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKodPDcK3BA
(#928)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 01-29-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuMMiBaEr
Terry: What about Canflap solution like N55 / S55 for us N20 engines?
Hey buddy, what is a canflap solution ?!

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#929)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 01-30-2015, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
Hey buddy, what is a canflap solution ?!
Look at N55 or S55 section.
It`s for controlling you Exhaustflap via steering wheel to stay open or closed

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#930)
Old

Default 02-01-2015, 03:19 PM

How important is the EWG harness, especially if I'm only interested in running Map 1?
(#931)
Old

Car: bmw 420
Default 02-02-2015, 04:45 AM

Hello Terry

I just bought the jb4 few weeks ago. And my car model is BMW 420 ( 2014 ) . Today when i installed the JB4, i found that the the blue patch cannot connect to the hub. and also is it the purple patch is no need to connect as well ? An am i on the situation of " Stage 2 " ? or still in Stage 1. As i know that there is quiet a big different in different stage. Please Help. Thank you so much .

Best Regards
Edmundo Chan
(#932)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 02-02-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundochan
Hello Terry

I just bought the jb4 few weeks ago. And my car model is BMW 420 ( 2014 ) . Today when i installed the JB4, i found that the the blue patch cannot connect to the hub. and also is it the purple patch is no need to connect as well ? An am i on the situation of " Stage 2 " ? or still in Stage 1. As i know that there is quiet a big different in different stage. Please Help. Thank you so much .

Best Regards
Edmundo Chan
The answer to your question can be found on the install guide on the first post... If u are talking JB4, that is a stage 2 product.

Do you even know if u have an EWG or PWG car?
(#933)
Old

Car: bmw 420
Default 02-02-2015, 08:19 AM

My car is a EWG car . I wanna ask now I just installed the rainbow patch and brown patch . Is that already a fully installation of the jb4 stage 2 for my car ? Because the others patch I didn't connect to any hubs . Please help . Thank you

Best regards
Edmundo
(#934)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-02-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
My car is a EWG car . I wanna ask now I just installed the rainbow patch and brown patch . Is that already a fully installation of the jb4 stage 2 for my car ? Because the others patch I didn't connect to any hubs . Please help . Thank you

Best regards
Edmundo
Correct. After that you just have the red, black, green and brown wires.
Green and Brown are the CAN wires. Follow the install guide for the wires I mentioned.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#935)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Best regards
Edmundo
If you need assistance just email in to tech support or post photos of your instal in the support section.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#936)
Old

Car: bmw 320i
Default 02-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Are you sure your Hexon turbo upgrade is maxed out already?
A stock N20 is able to reach over 300 rwhp with a de*** d0wnpipe.

I tuned my 320i to 23/24 psi @ 3000 rpm and 20/21 psi @ 5500 (max power).
It made 330/335 rwhp on the dyno. Bear in mind I have an er de*** d0wnpipe and my engine has higher compression ratio (11:1) and ign timing is very agressive. It goes as high as 15. As long as octane is there, it will always make more power than a x28 engine.

I desperately need meth injection but I'm not able to tune boost properly yet. I'm waiting for Terry to release a new firmware that will allow us to vary FF across the rpm range. Btw, any news on this?
Hi marco.
I have a 320i with jb4. I am interested how you tuned? To reach that power. And what extra equipment do you have? Thanks.
(#937)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 02-09-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh300
Hi marco.
I have a 320i with jb4. I am interested how you tuned? To reach that power. And what extra equipment do you have? Thanks.
Hi ggh300,

My mods are: ER cless *********, M Performance exhaust and BMS JB4 (ewg + flex fuel wires).

Find log attached. Please note that this map is too aggressive, it's running too lean and timing drops are there definitely there. I do not daily drive on map6.

Since the car is running way higher than stock boost, it's necessary to increase FF whilst compromising boost target at low rpms, hence the overboost. To mitigate this, I set a way lower boost target down low.

Still wondering if Terry will ever come up with a variable FF solution and/or AFR control for those who still have their cars under warranty and do not want to deal with ECU flashing yet.

Cheers

PS. That's crank hp
(#938)
Old

Default 02-10-2015, 11:54 AM

ok
mine is pneumatic, i only have jb4, flex fuel wires, and active autowerks exhaust. and only using map 5.

i am thinking in a ******** but, not sure.

i wold like to have maybe 15 hp more.

what mean when you say is running too lean?
(#939)
Old

Default 02-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
ok
mine is pneumatic, i only have jb4, flex fuel wires, and active autowerks exhaust. and only using map 5.

Sorry i am thinking in a d7own P1pe
(#940)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 02-10-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
ok

It means there's much more air in the mixture than there's supposed to be.
All 320s I know run lean even stock, unlike the 328s.
(#941)
Old

Default 02-13-2015, 09:27 AM

Finally pulled the trigger - and decided to go for the JB4 after talking to Mike about it.

Thanks Terry and Ando for answering my incessant questions - I am sure I'll have many more once the tune arrives and I get to installing it.
(#942)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 02-18-2015, 11:56 PM

Now that the can flap is released as a standalone module, wondering when will N20 owners with the JB4 see that functionality.
(#943)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 02-19-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphblade@SG
Now that the can flap is released as a standalone module, wondering when will N20 owners with the JB4 see that functionality.
Ask Terry for Firmware.
It already works for N20, it tested it in January
He is a little bit slow on updating firmware for n20s

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#944)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 02-19-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphblade@SG
I have the firmware but stupidly i didn't realize that I have an exhaust that doesn't use a flap lol

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#945)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM

We're still working on development. I'm a bit concerned the way the N20 flapper firmware is implemented now may result in the DME staying awake longer than it should when the ignition is turned off. Which could drain the battery. So I'm evaluating that and working out possible solutions.

Burger Motorsports

(#946)
Old

Car: 320i activeflex E100, JB4 stage 2, K&n intake
Default 02-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Quick doubt, I didn't understand the practical difference between JB4 Map0 and map4. I supposed that on both cases logs should look the same. Correct?

Map 0: JB4 disabled.
Map 4: Stock performance, JB4 on
(#947)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2015, 11:11 AM

Map 0 disables CANbus so logs would not be done other than boost and non-CANbus channels.

Burger Motorsports

(#948)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-19-2015, 01:00 PM

I had the battery changed twice under warranty. 2nd time they loaded a higher output alternator software. The "battery draining while stopped" light is on all the time. No matter if i leave a battery tender over night or not. So this is something JB4 might be causing?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#949)
Old

Car: 320i activeflex E100, JB4 stage 2, K&n intake
Default 02-19-2015, 02:51 PM

How do I know if I got N20 JB4 BETA or a N54/55 JB4?
(#950)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-25-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzambon
How do I know if I got N20 JB4 BETA or a N54/55 JB4?
Email me a photo of what you got and I can verify it for you.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!