N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#751)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2014, 07:33 PM

The X1 uses the same wheel guide as the N55 E Series JB4 as it's technically an E series model.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#752)
Old

Car: 2013 Z4 20i
Default 08-04-2014, 07:51 PM

Thanks a lot Terry. Appreciated for your prompt answer. Really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The X1 uses the same wheel guide as the N55 E Series JB4 as it's technically an E series model.
(#753)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 08-15-2014, 02:32 AM

Hi terry

Not sure if below has been asked..

I'm driving f30 320i. I have Ron 95 and Ron 97 in my country.

For jb4 (stage 2), Advisable to use only map5 on my 320i or can I use map1 and 2 if I pump ron97 all the time.

My only mods Are muffler-delete.
I don't plan to change my dp at the moment.

Cheers

Last edited by wwliam; 08-15-2014 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: Spelling
(#754)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 08-15-2014, 07:58 PM

Hi, I have two questions for Jb4
1) I set the FF adaptation 80, but after a few days, she gets off
is this normal? that can happen?

2) Some people do 320i to 328i changing power class, it is safe to be used in conjunction with this JB4? and on any map?
(#755)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2014, 09:02 PM

FF will adjust itself as needed. Flashing to the 328i software is fine if you have access to it. Then use the 328i map guidelines. e.g. map 1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#756)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 08-17-2014, 07:44 AM

Haven't really noticed, but saw the following codes today from the jb4:

104401 MAP sensor, intake pipe, electrical : Short circuit to B+

Any concern on this? Car feels totally fine....

Only changes to the car was the removal of the OCC (which shouldn't have any effect) and installing of the ER chargepipe...
(#757)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2014, 09:46 AM

If it comes back after deleting you may have some wiring issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#758)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 08-17-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
If it comes back after deleting you may have some wiring issue.
Removed the jb4 and the codes are gone. Probably something wrong with the harness. Gotta blame the guy who installed my Er charge pipe. Must have tugged something loose.

Do u sell just the harness alone?
(#759)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2014, 08:58 AM

Yes but it's not cheap. $250 plus core.

Burger Motorsports

(#760)
Old

Car: 328
Default 08-19-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Yes but it's not cheap. $250 plus core.
Hey Terry I have a 2012 328i and BMS Stage2 JB4 installed with no other modifications. When I check my DME code there is a CDA904 but it seems ok with my car since no caution light is on. After deleting it the CDA904 will come back again if I restart the engine, can you please tell me what does CDA904 mean?
(#761)
Old

Car: F30 328
Default 08-25-2014, 03:16 AM

HI TERRY I HAVE A F30 328 2012 AT, I SEE THERE ARE NEW FIRMWARE WHICH IN THE FIRST PAGE, I WANNA ASK WEATHER I NEED TO UPDATE IT OR NOT? I USE MAP 2NOW, AND I WANT TO ASK IF I WANT TO UPDATE, I SEE THE TERM OF EWG, WHAT IS IT?? HAHA SORRY I AM THE NEW ONE IN BMW><
(#762)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcson
Hey Terry I have a 2012 328i and BMS Stage2 JB4 installed with no other modifications. When I check my DME code there is a CDA904 but it seems ok with my car since no caution light is on. After deleting it the CDA904 will come back again if I restart the engine, can you please tell me what does CDA904 mean?
No idea on that one. Read it with a BT cable to get a description. Probably not tuning related.

Burger Motorsports

(#763)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin829
HI TERRY I HAVE A F30 328 2012 AT, I SEE THERE ARE NEW FIRMWARE WHICH IN THE FIRST PAGE, I WANNA ASK WEATHER I NEED TO UPDATE IT OR NOT? I USE MAP 2NOW, AND I WANT TO ASK IF I WANT TO UPDATE, I SEE THE TERM OF EWG, WHAT IS IT?? HAHA SORRY I AM THE NEW ONE IN BMW><
The install guide covers how to determine if you are EWG or not. If blue harness is connected you are not EWG.

Burger Motorsports

(#764)
Old

Default 08-25-2014, 06:25 PM

SO IF I AM NOT EWG , I STILL CAN UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF ''N20_JB4_FSERIES_6_2.hex'' RIGHT?
(#765)
Old

Car: F30 N20
Default 08-26-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin829
SO IF I AM NOT EWG , I STILL CAN UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF ''N20_JB4_FSERIES_6_2.hex'' RIGHT?
Yes
(#766)
Old

Default 08-26-2014, 08:26 AM

ok...then i go and update the firmware...i think it will more stable than now....thx terry^_^
(#767)
Old

Car: F30 328i 6MT
Default 09-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Map 0: JB4 disabled.
Map 1: Peak boost 20psi, suitable for most racing applications
Map 2: Peak boost 21psi, suggested for those using exhaust modifications and 93 RM2 octane or higher fuels
Map 3: Disabled
Map 4: Stock performance, JB4 on
Map 5: 320i/520i map. Peak boost 17psi.
Map 6: User definable map. Suggested for troubleshooting by professionals only.
Map 7: Race gas map. Peak boost 23psi. This is a fairly aggressive map and increases engine damage risk. Use with caution.

4) There exists a Stage1 simulation within the JB4 firmware. To enable set CPS1500 to 30 for +3psi or 40 for +4psi. If CPS1500 is set greater than 0 map 1 will then mimic Stage1 tuning.
I have a question on this stage 1 simulation - would you suggest that this is "safer" than map 1 due to milder adjustments, or less safe because of fewer parameters being monitored? If I want to get my feet wet and stay relatively conservative for a time before going to JB4-map1 does it make sense to simulate stage 1, or am I doing my motor a disservice?
(#768)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedpg909
I've been having problems
If you need help just contact technical support with the pertinent details.

Burger Motorsports

(#769)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore
I have a question on this stage 1 simulation - would you suggest that this is "safer" than map 1 due to milder adjustments, or less safe because of fewer parameters being monitored? If I want to get my feet wet and stay relatively conservative for a time before going to JB4-map1 does it make sense to simulate stage 1, or am I doing my motor a disservice?
There is no safety difference. If you want something milder than map 1 running say +4psi using the S1 simulation will get you that.

Burger Motorsports

(#770)
Old

Car: 335i
Send a message via MSN to Mata
Default 09-02-2014, 02:00 PM

I a about to purchase a tune for my 2014 320i and am debating between the jb4 and the stage 1.
how big of a difference is the stage1 compared to map5 (320i exclusive) in the jb4?
thanks in advance
(#771)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2014, 02:01 PM

The JB4 is a stronger tune especially so with the 320i. But it's also more work to install. Maybe start with the Stage1 and then upgrade to the JB4 when bored.

Burger Motorsports

(#772)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Proposition to the N20 guys:

Free N20 RB Upgraded Hybrid Turbo for someone to test out. Must be FBO and willing to push the turbo and tuning to see what can be attained power wise. Dyno minimum requirements but some drag racing is appreciated as well (not sure if there is much to compare with OEM Turbo traps?).

Preferably someone who understands how to tune the JB4 with support of Terry. Must be willing to pay for install (or install themselves) and get installed and tested with reasonable quickness. Must be willing to pay core charge in advance but would be refunded in full when you send back your original turbo to us. And by the way we have no idea on gains, this is what you are here for is to test the unit and see Turbo available within 2 weeks. There will be one tester and this will be updated when one (if one presents itself) is chosen. No unit will be sold until testing proves beneficial.

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 09-02-2014 at 03:22 PM..
(#773)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 09-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Proposition to the N20 guys:

Free N20 RB Upgraded Hybrid Turbo for someone to test out. Must be FBO and willing to push the turbo and tuning to see what can be attained power wise. Dyno minimum requirements but some drag racing is appreciated as well (not sure if there is much to compare with OEM Turbo traps?).

Preferably someone who understands how to tune the JB4 with support of Terry. Must be willing to pay for install (or install themselves) and get installed and tested with reasonable quickness. Must be willing to pay core charge in advance but would be refunded in full when you send back your original turbo to us. And by the way we have no idea on gains, this is what you are here for is to test the unit and see Turbo available within 2 weeks. There will be one tester and this will be updated when one (if one presents itself) is chosen. No unit will be sold until testing proves beneficial.

Thanks,
Rob
This is great news Rob!
(#774)
Old

Car: BMW F30 320I Sportsline
Default 09-03-2014, 01:01 AM

Hi Mata,
FYI I have a JB4 Stage 2 on my 2012 F30 320I and it seriously transforms the car.. Its like having a 328I for a 320 price tag. (I've driven both) Mine has the Pneumatic control and there's a noticeable increase in torque and power. Trouble is you really notice the difference when you take it off for service. And can't wait to put it back
(#775)
Old

Car: F30 320i M Sport
Default 09-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Terry,

Are we ever likely to see the EWG harness released for the N20?

Or has N20 development now totally stopped?

Seems a little (read: very) quiet in here these days...