N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2201)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-21-2019, 01:31 PM

Quick question for you guys/Terry. I'm currently running a JB4 w/fuel wires (map5), intakes, secondary down-pipe, and muffler delete. I was hoping to install primary down-pipe such as the link below. I know in the past people have had issues with running into limp mode among other issues with the added flow. Would the JB4 resolve these issues? Thank you for the help!

https://www.khartunerz.com/NGT-Perfo...ry_p_4164.html

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Torq Motorsports intakes
Torq Motorsports muffler delete
JB4 w/fuel control
SSR secondary down-pipe

Last edited by Meltony67; 05-21-2019 at 02:37 PM..
(#2202)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2019, 03:49 PM

Not a fan of primary ** deletes for various reasons. May work fine may not work, it's a mixed bag I think.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2203)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-21-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not a fan of primary ** deletes for various reasons. May work fine may not work, it's a mixed bag I think.
Thank you for the insight, Terry. I certainly don't want to base a purchase on a maybe and that is why I asked.

Jb4 and the car have run without issues btw. Thanks for a great product, it certainly brings the Stinger to life

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Torq Motorsports intakes
Torq Motorsports muffler delete
JB4 w/fuel control
SSR secondary down-pipe
(#2204)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger gt1 awd
Default 05-21-2019, 05:42 PM

Terry
How do u feel about primarys w hfc
(#2205)
Old

Car: G70
Default 05-22-2019, 02:22 PM

It sounds like the latest JB4 controller for the 3.3T (Stinger/G70) already has the fuel wires preinstalled now (into the wiring harness I'd assume?). Does a person still have the need to pierce the wires on the left and right side of the car for the red wires? Or is it all now integrated and plug and play which means no need to pierce those red wires for the fuel wires??

If the above scenario is true, can the previous JB4 controllers be upgraded to the newer design that incorporates the fuel wires in it? Basically my goal would be to get the simple plug and play of the new controller without having to run those fuel wires or piercing any wires (but obviously getting the benefit of the same functionality built into the new wiring harness).

Thx!
(#2206)
Old

Car: Stinger GT RWD
Default 05-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Can you take a look at my map 2 log? I installed the JB4 last night with M45iL plugs gaped at 0.22. I just ordered the Denso 5346 plugs and will probably run those instead. Im at about 6200' elevation if that makes a difference. Also, using 91 octane w/ booster to 94 octane.

THANK YOU!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-22 16_41_55_Map-2.csv (8.1 KB, 11 views)
(#2207)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 05-22-2019, 04:09 PM

Hey Terry. Any update on the work Fuelit was doing on the car?
(#2208)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 05-22-2019, 08:37 PM

Will you eventually have dyno figures for the Veloster N
(#2209)
Old

Default 05-25-2019, 07:24 AM

Ok, where do I find the link to download the latest Firmware?? I can’t seem to find it.
(#2210)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3T
Default 05-26-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka
Ok, where do I find the link to download the latest Firmware?? I can’t seem to find it.
About 1/3 the way down on the page here: Kia Hyundai JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Currently at "JB4_KIA_9.hex" This is the first sticky page on the Kia JB4 thread.
(#2211)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hespe
Can you take a look at my map 2 log? I installed the JB4 last night with M45iL plugs gaped at 0.22. I just ordered the Denso 5346 plugs and will probably run those instead. Im at about 6200' elevation if that makes a difference. Also, using 91 octane w/ booster to 94 octane.

THANK YOU!
Elevation does play a role on turbo longevity so you'll want to stay more conservative on the mapping. But this map2 log although short looks OK to me.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2212)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default JB4 Installed - 05-30-2019, 07:49 AM

Installed JB4 last weekend with fuel wires. Currently running Map1 but planning on sticking at Map2. Only 4K miles on the car so I am pretty skittish about doing too much too fast. I have a 2019 GT2. The only drivetrain mod I have besides the JB4 is the Agency Power intake.

I have attached my log from this morning. Please let me know if you see any concerns.

Thanks in advance,

Chad
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-30 07_59_19_Map-1.csv (10.3 KB, 7 views)
(#2213)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-30-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THCHAD
Installed JB4 last weekend with fuel wires. Currently running Map1 but planning on sticking at Map2. Only 4K miles on the car so I am pretty skittish about doing too much too fast. I have a 2019 GT2. The only drivetrain mod I have besides the JB4 is the Agency Power intake.

I have attached my log from this morning. Please let me know if you see any concerns.

Thanks in advance,

Chad
I have been running map 2 since 4000 miles and now have 15k on the car and haven't had any issues.
(#2214)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THCHAD

Thanks in advance,

Chad
Looks good to me, map1 is really mild!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2215)
Old

Car: 2109 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Default 05-30-2019, 06:43 PM

How do these look Terry? Just installed the JB4 tonight! (didn't do the fuel wires yet though)

2L with a Spectre cone on the stock intake tube. Felt GREAT, but just want to make sure nothing looks funny.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-30 20_30_05_Map-1.csv (13.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-30 20_32_34_Map-1.csv (13.8 KB, 4 views)
(#2216)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2019, 08:16 AM

Looks good to me! Update the firmware though so we get cyl 2-4 timing next log.

Burger Motorsports

(#2217)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 05:03 PM

Updated to firmware v9. How do 2-4 look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-31 16_34_14_Map-1.csv (13.4 KB, 5 views)
(#2218)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2019, 05:50 PM

Looks normal to me! Let's see map2 for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#2219)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2019, 06:11 PM

The first 5 differential braces we shipped had the holes in the wrong spot on one of the machined pieces, thanks to a screw up at the machine shop. Finally got the replacements back from powder coating and shipped today. So if you've been waiting for one you should be emailed a tracking number. If not let me now so I can ensure it went out!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2220)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks normal to me! Let's see map2 for comparison.
Here are three more with the fuel wire installed. All map1... can't do map2 yet because I still need to gap the plugs.

The last two runs, I think I had the dreaded misfire.. the throttle gave out in the middle of gear 4 even though I still had the pedal to the floor...

I have the HKS plugs now, but just waiting to see my brother-in-law (a mechanic) to help gap and swap them in.

The good news though.. the last run.. 0-60 was 5.775! I read somewhere stock 0-60 on the 2L RWD is 6.6, and I've got AWD.

I think I will just ride around on map0 until I get the plugs swapped out, and remind myself of how sweet the JB4 really is once I can graduate to map2, and hopefully map3.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 13_26_10_Map-1.csv (12.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 13_29_39_Map-1.csv (11.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 13_37_58_Map-1.csv (10.7 KB, 2 views)
(#2221)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStaino
Here are three more with the fuel wire installed. All map1... can't do map2 yet because I still need to gap the plugs.

The last two runs, I think I had the dreaded misfire.. the throttle gave out in the middle of gear 4 even though I still had the pedal to the floor...

I have the HKS plugs now, but just waiting to see my brother-in-law (a mechanic) to help gap and swap them in.

The good news though.. the last run.. 0-60 was 5.775! I read somewhere stock 0-60 on the 2L RWD is 6.6, and I've got AWD.

I think I will just ride around on map0 until I get the plugs swapped out, and remind myself of how sweet the JB4 really is once I can graduate to map2, and hopefully map3.
I had a similar issue to yours where I was loosing power in the higher range. It is mostly cured now but Terry recommended Map6 with +1psi across the board and log. If the Throttle doesn't dip when WOT, then go up to +2psi and log.
Ironically +1psi across the board gave me 5.6secs on my 2.0T AWD Prestige. Best stock I could get was 6.0secs.
(#2222)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 06-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Terry, maybe take a look whenever u get time? Did I miss something in the settings for WMI? I'm also running about e30 on map 8 for the first time, and it didn't seem as powerful as my map 2 runs on pump gas. My imagination? Traction issues?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 22_23_10_Map-8.csv (10.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-16 19_56_12_Map-2.csv (14.9 KB, 5 views)
(#2223)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStaino

Yes let's get the plugs done and revisit map2!

Burger Motorsports

(#2224)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgascho
Terry, maybe take a look whenever u get time? Did I miss something in the settings for WMI? I'm also running about e30 on map 8 for the first time, and it didn't seem as powerful as my map 2 runs on pump gas. My imagination? Traction issues?
Boost and timing are higher on map8 so maybe your imagination. Dragy is good for comparing trap speeds to confirm power is as the log looks it should be.

Burger Motorsports

(#2225)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 06-03-2019, 09:01 AM

What fuel pressure(FP H) values should we be seeing on 3.3T's?

I heard it is a 150 bar system. And I assume it is using MPa. I only see 10-11 on the FP H column? The numbers remain steady, but the math doesn't checkout....