JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1026)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2015, 09:13 AM

Nope. Just leave those features disabled then.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1027)
Old

Car: M3
Default 06-01-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nope. Just leave those features disabled then.
Cool - Any updates on the pics for us 6MT guys?
(#1028)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2015, 09:19 AM

No MT specific photos have been sent to me yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1029)
Old

Car: 2015 mineral gray m4
Default 06-01-2015, 07:11 PM

Hey Terry,

for the BMS stage 1 tune, is it possible to release two versions of the firmware? One would be the original firmware, the second being a set boost limited version in which 1st-3rd gear psi would be limited to improve traction and performance? Please let us know if its possible, thanks!
(#1030)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2015, 07:25 PM

Stage1 can't read gear so that won't be possible. Upgrade to a JB4 if you want that critical function.

Burger Motorsports

(#1031)
Old

Car: f82
Default 06-03-2015, 01:42 PM

for menu items 1-3 i think (not in car now) the rpm options are either 0 or 1. does 0 mean off and 1 means on?
(#1032)
Old

Default 06-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No MT specific photos have been sent to me yet.
Any luck with photos for us MT lowbies. I am holding off even trying but I have my cable.
(#1033)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutiger
for menu items 1-3 i think (not in car now) the rpm options are either 0 or 1. does 0 mean off and 1 means on?
Correct.

Burger Motorsports

(#1034)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S55Maniac
Any luck with photos for us MT lowbies. I am holding off even trying but I have my cable.
Just shove it around the clutch grommet.

Burger Motorsports

(#1035)
Old

Default 06-03-2015, 05:40 PM

I pushed a hanger through/around the clutch line grommet (careful not to nick the hose), taped the cable to the hanger in the footwell (silicone tape), and pulled the cable back through.

This is the same procedure I used for the USB cable, and it (mostly) preserves the seal the grommet provides.
Attached Images

Last edited by rwalker; 06-03-2015 at 06:36 PM..
(#1036)
Old

Car: 15' m4
Default 06-03-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker
I pushed a hanger through/around the clutch line grommet (careful not to nick the hose), taped the cable to the hanger in the footwell (silicone tape), and pulled the cable back through.

This is the same procedure I used for the USB cable, and it (mostly) preserves the seal the grommet provides.
Same thing I did exactly
(#1037)
Old

Car: 15 M3
Default 06-04-2015, 09:28 AM

Hey Terry, I have ~e30 mix in the tank right now. I did a few runs last night on Map 7 and it broke up pretty bad in the last 1k or so of RPMs in the last few gears. Tried it 2x back to back and it was the same. I plan on logging tonight, what should I be logging?

JB4 with all the hook ups with ********* and intake filters with carbon filter removed.
(#1038)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 06-04-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexit
Hey Terry, I have ~e30 mix in the tank right now. I did a few runs last night on Map 7 and it broke up pretty bad in the last 1k or so of RPMs in the last few gears. Tried it 2x back to back and it was the same. I plan on logging tonight, what should I be logging?

JB4 with all the hook ups with ********* and intake filters with carbon filter removed.
Most likely lack of fuel pressure. That can happen when it's cooler and your on E30.
(#1039)
Old

Car: 15 M3
Default 06-04-2015, 10:01 AM

Thats what we were thinking as well, it was in the 50's so it was def cooler.
(#1040)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexit

Map 7 is not always going to work on E85. But one thing I've been testing lately is a higher open loop setting. Try a setting of 70 and lets see if that helps.

The JB4 CSV log contains all data so that is a good idea as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#1041)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2015, 09:13 PM

Found a little bug on map6 and maybe map7 on the S55 OBDII firmware. If anyone is running either drop me a note for an update to test.

Burger Motorsports

(#1042)
Old

Car: F80
Default 06-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Terry does the halo max brightness only work with LED headlights? If so, can't it also work with the regular xenon headlights?
(#1043)
Old

Default 06-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Terry does the silicone sleeve fit s55 JB4?
(#1044)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2015, 03:32 PM

LED only for that specific function. I think the zenon are limited by the voltages rather than the LEDs which are computer controlled.

Burger Motorsports

(#1045)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2015, 03:32 PM

Yes, and we've also got the new aluminum enclosure.

Burger Motorsports

(#1046)
Old

Default 06-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Just ordered mine.
(#1047)
Old

Car: f80
Default 06-08-2015, 01:43 PM

I just connected mine and when in the mode for 1-3rd gear boost reduction, it doesn't align with the rpm numbers. For example, when I'm in 1st gear boost reduction (Mode 5) I have it set for 8 psi reduction but the rpm reads 2.5 and 2nd gear (mode 6) I have it set for 5 psi but it reads 1.5 rpm. I connected it to my laptop to confirm the boost reduction numbers. Is this normal because according to the video it should align up and it should read 8 rpm and 5 rpm.

Also, when in the mode how do you lower the psi. If I'm at 8psi first gear, how do i go down to 5psi?

Thanks
(#1048)
Old

Default 06-08-2015, 01:51 PM

I love the new OBD connector but couldnt you setup a different button for valve control. Its pretty clunky having BC control both the menu system plus the valves. Also annoying cycling back through to get to the metric I want to see. Like the 3rd homelink key would be awesome.

Also is there a way to make the valves always start in OEM like before? Mine are just doing last position.
(#1049)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsam
I just connected mine and when in the mode for 1-3rd gear boost reduction, it doesn't align with the rpm numbers. For example, when I'm in 1st gear boost reduction (Mode 5) I have it set for 8 psi reduction but the rpm reads 2.5 and 2nd gear (mode 6) I have it set for 5 psi but it reads 1.5 rpm. I connected it to my laptop to confirm the boost reduction numbers. Is this normal because according to the video it should align up and it should read 8 rpm and 5 rpm.

Also, when in the mode how do you lower the psi. If I'm at 8psi first gear, how do i go down to 5psi?

Thanks
Yes we may adjust that. I think the in dash is around 1/3 of the boost reading for those settings. So 2.5 would be around 8.3psi. That's a very low limit though as the system won't target below stock. I'd go with say 15psi in 1st gear. 18psi in 2nd.

Burger Motorsports

(#1050)
Old

Car: F80
Default 06-08-2015, 02:48 PM

I filled up with 94 octane and put it on map 2 (have DP's too). Noticed the 1st gear was very jerky. Would I need to post logs or am i missing something ?