JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old

Default 04-22-2015, 10:54 AM

Curious to know what his setup is in map 6 and what kind of boost limiting in the lower gears would be used for the track?
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2015, 10:56 AM

Boost limiting can be changed in dash now which makes it easy to setup at the track. I would guess 8.0 in 1st and 4.0 in 2nd would be good for his setup. We will find out this weekend at Shift Sector I guess.

On our PURE Turbo M3 I run 8.0 in 1st, 7.0 in 2nd, and 4.0 in 3rd. But I'm also targeting around 30psi vs. Ando's 25psi.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-22-2015, 11:53 AM

Currently my 1st gear is at 7psi and 2nd gear is at 4psi

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 04-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
Sweet numbers, very impressive for a mostly stock car. Any concerns with these turbos on the higher output maps?
What is the stock boost level set at?
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2015, 01:56 PM

Logs are in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-22-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Congrats! looks like you were able to reach 25psi on the custom map6 !

Are you going to get *********?

If you do please re-dyno, 550whp or bust!
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2015, 02:41 PM

No competition race use only *** for this S55. It's going to be operated on public roads. I'm not sure they do much on "race car" S55s anyway. Mainly just sound.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 04-22-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330

For now I want to break hearts with my JB4 only S55 M4

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Car: F80
Default 04-23-2015, 09:45 AM

This is very impressive!
My setup will be the same as Ando's car. Going to keep stock ***
(#35)
Old

Default 04-23-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330

For the map 6 were you using the default boost settings across the rpm band?

If not is there a screen shot that can be loaded up of map 6 settings?
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 09:58 AM

You can see the map 6 target in the log. But, tuning is a details business. Some customers are not able to even run map 7 on E30. In this case we happened to get away with a bit more. Unless you know how to read logs and adjust the tuning stick to the suggested map 2, for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 04-23-2015, 11:37 AM

What needs to be done to run more e85 mix? Is that limited due to hardware or software?
(#38)
Old

Car: 2015 ///M3
Default 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM

So for the stock runs, those were with E30 running Map 0? Does that mean there is some benefit running a mix over 10% on a stock vehicle?
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 03:31 PM

Yes E30 on map 0. Didn't seem to add any power over normal 91 octane numbers. But a little E85 stock can't hurt. Maybe an extra 10-15%.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 04-23-2015, 05:38 PM

This is really great Terry!! 520whp on a JB4 and E85 is insane!! So for now the highest pump gas only numbers are at about 480whp? If they can creep up to 500whp on 91oct with bolt ons I think the M4 will have to be my next one..
(#41)
Old

Car: M235i 6spd
Default 04-27-2015, 05:58 AM

Very cool!

15 M4 / 14 M235i-Sold / 09 E92 M3-Sold / 07 E92 335i-Sold
(#42)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 04-29-2015, 10:44 AM

How is this car producing so much more power and torque than Mike's stock dyno? He reported on a previous thread 391hp and 381ft/lbs stock. This car is showing MUCH higher base numbers. Almost the same numbers as Mike's stage 1.
(#43)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 04-29-2015, 08:06 PM

Does this M4 have the fuel mass connector installed? Is it needed for E30?
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2015, 08:11 PM

Yes it's required for any E85 use.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich8102
How is this car producing so much more power and torque than Mike's stock dyno? He reported on a previous thread 391hp and 381ft/lbs stock. This car is showing MUCH higher base numbers. Almost the same numbers as Mike's stage 1.
All dynos read differently. The "stock" dyno is also on E30 which helps a bit. I actually made 430whp stock IIRC on 93 octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 04-29-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes it's required for any E85 use.
So with our gas here having 25% E mixed already (note that octane remais 95 (US RATING), would I need it and a custom map would be required? That's the big question.
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2015, 09:42 PM

I don't know. Log it and we can evaluate fuel trims.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 04-30-2015, 04:23 PM

how many miles do you have ? great numbers when did you actually start tuning your car how many miles? i wanna have a clean break in period and tune thats why i ask. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
(#49)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 05-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwowner619
how many miles do you have ? great numbers when did you actually start tuning your car how many miles? i wanna have a clean break in period and tune thats why i ask. thanks
After the first service. Which is at 1200 miles I think.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 05-01-2015, 10:31 AM

Ando is your car fixed for NFZ?