N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-16-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
No reply from Terry or anyone from BMS, what to do now?
If you'd like us to replace the JB4 for a new one just Support@Burgertuning.com so we can take care of that for you.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: 2008 335i coupe
Default 10-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Black foam is packaging from dealer who gave it to me in that

Purple wire I think is from BT module, need to check.

No reply from Terry or anyone from BMS, what to do now? Should I send the unit back? Can I get refund?
I am experiencing the same thing on my c63 after jb4 install. Random misfire codes , transmission codes , car randomly revving itself to 3.5k on a cold start, etc. They sent me a replacement board because the original board was getting wet due to water getting in the case. However , after replacing the board the issue continued so $1000+ down the drain with a useless board.
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92carlos
I am experiencing the same thing on my c63 after jb4 install. Random misfire codes , transmission codes , car randomly revving itself to 3.5k on a cold start, etc. They sent me a replacement board because the original board was getting wet due to water getting in the case. However , after replacing the board the issue continued so $1000+ down the drain with a useless board.
Misfire codes can certainly be from running higher boost levels, as for the rest I don't see how it would be related.

If you wind up needing further help though feel free to email us.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Default 10-06-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Misfire codes can certainly be from running higher boost levels, as for the rest I don't see how it would be related.

If you wind up needing further help though feel free to email us.
I have several emails going back and forth with Payam and Jon. Iíve swapped boards ,installed fresh plugs , fresh coils and dealer replaced bad injector on cylinder 8. At the dealer i asked them to run diagnostics on the trans since the jb4 was throwing some really strange trans codes , everything checked out fine at the dealer. I never had any issues before the jb4 and I donít have any issues now after removing it.
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-07-2019, 10:09 AM

And did these faults and issues crop up on JB4 map0?

Burger Motorsports

(#81)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
And did these faults and issues crop up on JB4 map0?
I never tried map 0.
(#82)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 10:21 AM

P06415
P0003
P0803
P0500
P0000
P0300
P0308
P0803
P0563
P0600
P0503
P0700
P0000
P0603
P0703
P0800

Are all codes thrown while the jb4 was in the car. Sometimes even just cruising or partial throttle.
(#83)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-07-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I never tried map 0.
Why? That is the first step to diagnose whether something is software related or hardware related! If the issues still came up in map0 the next diagnostic step would be to see if you can recreate with OBDII cable removed.

Burger Motorsports

(#84)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Why? That is the first step to diagnose whether something is software related or hardware related! If the issues still came up in map0 the next diagnostic step would be to see if you can recreate with OBDII cable removed.
Terry , that is no different then removal the jb4 all together. Point is , jb4 out of the car i have zero issues. Jb4 in the car , all types of random faults. I may not be a tuner but i work in the IT field and i am fairly comfortable working with electronics and technology in general. You guys are having issues with these jb4 on the c63 and donít want to admit it. I am not the only one reporting issues with it, i have other products from your company including a jb4 on my single turbo 335i and i have zero issues with any of your other products, but this c63 jb4 is crap.
(#85)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 10-08-2019, 05:16 AM

Exactly what was happening to me, ezatnova and other users on mbworld forum who was PMing me... I was assuming that JB4 for my C63 would be good as I hear from BMW friends.. its not.. When it was in my car I was having issues, spend so much time worrying, without car which was in service etc.. I dont trust this product anymore. Its rubbish and I am SCARED to sell this to anyone.. Refund? Forget about it...
(#86)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 10-08-2019, 07:34 AM

I will attest that I have had no issues with the JB4 on my 2018 C63S. I have had it on my car now since June and about 4k miles and have pretty much ran all maps except map 6 with no issues or codes. I had the JB4 on my 2013 BMW 335i from when it had 2k miles on it after taking delivery in December 2013 till when it had 115k miles on it when I sold it in March. I hardly had any issues with it. It ran like a champ. All I have noticed with the JB4 on my 2018 C63s is a slight stumble during idle and that's it. The car drives like stock but with significantly more power and torque especially in Map5 with E30 in the tank. I messed around and added the pedal tuner last week and this freaking car is insane! I'll play devils advocate here and simply say that it's not quite fair to say its JB4's fault because after you removed it from your car, your issues went away. Always go Map 0 or remove the ODBII connection before removing your JB4. It could be a connection issue a defunct board. You just have do some troubleshooting. Over the years, I have learned that a bit of patience is required while using aftermarket products with your stock car.

2018 C63s AMG
(#87)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan
I will attest that I have had no issues with the JB4 on my 2018 C63S. I have had it on my car now since June and about 4k miles and have pretty much ran all maps except map 6 with no issues or codes. I had the JB4 on my 2013 BMW 335i from when it had 2k miles on it after taking delivery in December 2013 till when it had 115k miles on it when I sold it in March. I hardly had any issues with it. It ran like a champ. All I have noticed with the JB4 on my 2018 C63s is a slight stumble during idle and that's it. The car drives like stock but with significantly more power and torque especially in Map5 with E30 in the tank. I messed around and added the pedal tuner last week and this freaking car is insane! I'll play devils advocate here and simply say that it's not quite fair to say its JB4's fault because after you removed it from your car, your issues went away. Always go Map 0 or remove the ODBII connection before removing your JB4. It could be a connection issue a defunct board. You just have do some troubleshooting. Over the years, I have learned that a bit of patience is required while using aftermarket products with your stock car.

You clearly did not read the post where i stated all the troubleshooting that was done. Including a replacement board.

I bought this unit in its Beta stage , I wasnít expecting perfection but this specific jb4 is paperweight.
(#88)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 10-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Ahh, Beta huh? Makes sense.

2018 C63s AMG
(#89)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Terry , that is no different then removal the jb4 all together.
Yes, it is. It's a diagnostic process to isoalte whether your issue is hardware related or software related.

We have around 250 of the C63 JB4 systems out around the world with overwhelmingly positive feedback. It's also true there are 3-4 of you guys floating around here with issues. You're the only car I've heard of with "lots of faults". Most of the problems that we've seen are misfire codes which are somewhat expected at higher power levels. So how we diagnose your specific car is different than a misfire code situation.

We're happy to provide technical support for anyone that needs it, including replacing JB4 hardware if it turns out to be faulty. But being in tech support I'm sure you can appreciate diagnostics is a process. If you take a short cut and skip steps then the whole process has to be started again. Given the diagnostic codes you are throwing seems like it has to be a hardware issue so that is why the map0 test would be critical for your situation.

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan
I will attest that I have had no issues with the JB4 on my 2018 C63S. I have had it on my car now since June and about 4k miles and have pretty much ran all maps except map 6 with no issues or codes.
Your experience is the same as the vast majority of customers. Of course, when issues do crop up, we're here to help get them resolved as soon as possible. Although it's a two way street so customers do need to engage us in a productive way if they expect us to be able to help. In the two situations in this thread I suspect they are both hardware related issues, maybe water damage, loose wire in the harness, broken wire in the OBDII or loose OBDII, etc. I'd encourage them to send the systems in so we can test them on our development car, find the issue, and provide them with a new JB4 which they can reinstall or confidently resell if that is the route they want to go, or store credit for other BMS products if you prefer.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is. It's a diagnostic process to isoalte whether your issue is hardware related or software related.

We have around 250 of the C63 JB4 systems out around the world with overwhelmingly positive feedback. It's also true there are 3-4 of you guys floating around here with issues. You're the only car I've heard of with "lots of faults". Most of the problems that we've seen are misfire codes which are somewhat expected at higher power levels. So how we diagnose your specific car is different than a misfire code situation.

We're happy to provide technical support for anyone that needs it, including replacing JB4 hardware if it turns out to be faulty. But being in tech support I'm sure you can appreciate diagnostics is a process. If you take a short cut and skip steps then the whole process has to be started again. Given the diagnostic codes you are throwing seems like it has to be a hardware issue so that is why the map0 test would be critical for your situation.
Ok, so lets say i send you guys the unit and you test it in your development car , this would be the third time i would have to reinstall this on my car. The install is quite the pain in the ass and luckily i have the knowledge and tools to install this on my own but do you expect people to pay $200-$300 to install the jb4 every time?

My jb4 had a scary amount of moisture in it the first time, which is why you guys sent me a replacement board. How is that something i should be held accountable for ? Is it my fault your product doesn't seal correctly?
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Does it currently have water damage? That would certainly change the trajectory of how we diagnose your issue.

The enclosure is water resistant. If water is getting in that's a big problem we need to resolve.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Does it currently have water damage? That would certainly change the trajectory of how we diagnose your issue.

The enclosure is water resistant. If water is getting in that's a big problem we need to resolve.
Its out of the car now but no, i don't think there was any moisture in it.
(#94)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2019, 05:15 PM

If you want to open the enclosure to confirm and email in a few photos, or just send the JB4 in and we'll replace it for a new one or store credit towards other products on our site for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
If you want to open the enclosure to confirm and email in a few photos, or just send the JB4 in and we'll replace it for a new one or store credit towards other products on our site for you.
So. can I send my jb4 back to you and get refund, no credits, what would I do with credits?
If you really have only 4-5 not working units from 250 it would be nice to do it.

I am not going to install it again, I spend much more money for install, plugs, tow, dealer remove, ECU reflashes...

Last edited by notabenex; 10-09-2019 at 08:53 AM..
(#96)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2019, 09:36 AM

As you've been told it doesn't qualify for refund. Exchange for a new JB4 or store credit. We've got a C63 intake. Other products for other cars friends or family may have, etc. Just offering it as a courtesy as policy is exchange for a new JB4 only.

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-10-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
If you really have only 4-5 not working units from 250 it would be nice to do it.
Which does seem to be the case…

Quote:
I am not going to install it again, I spend much more money for install, plugs, tow, dealer remove, ECU reflashes...
I don't understand the rationale here. Those are sunk costs at this point. Seems like with where you are in your options you would want to exchange it, have it installed (by someone else this time), and see if it works.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#98)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Which does seem to be the caseÖ

I don't understand the rationale here. Those are sunk costs at this point. Seems like with where you are in your options you would want to exchange it, have it installed (by someone else this time), and see if it works.
You should read the whole thread
(#99)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-11-2019, 06:01 PM

Ha, I have. You dont seem to have a better option - do you?

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold