N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: ford raptor
Default JB4 ford raptor issue - 01-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Hello. Been lurking here since I got my raptor a few months back. The jb4 seemed perfect for my needs.

I installed the Bluetooth version on my new 2018 raptor 3 days ago. It was awesome and really worked well until today it put my engine into limp mode while on map 2 with 93 octane. I typically kept it at map 2, occasionally 5. Always 93 octane. Now on map 0. Engine seems fine on restart. Just emailed cs as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2019, 12:31 PM

Read the code.

Maybe a loose connection if it just came up post install, like a loose OBDII cable, connection in enclosure, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

I got this only after I connected through the app and hit read codes-

"P0224 no description found"
(#4)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 01-09-2019, 12:52 PM

I found this for the code! Recheck all your connections again, then reset code

P0224 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Intermittent

P0224 code means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an intermittent malfunction in the circuit for the "B" throttle position sensor (TPS) circuit.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-09-2019, 12:53 PM

Shoot I bet its the pedal commander. Had it on since I bought the car without issue but this code seems to be throttle related. Hopefully just a coincidence an issue occurred a couple days after the JB4 install. I'll happily pull the pedal commander and leave it off but I really like the jb4.
(#6)
Old

Default 01-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Is reset code the same as delete codes on the app? Sorry I know nothing about this stuff.
(#7)
Old

Default 01-09-2019, 01:42 PM

I think so---and I bet you could be right, pull the commander of for a few days and see what happens--is it the peddle commander from burger??
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Just do some tests to isolate the issue, clear the code, and see what causes it to come back up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2018 F150 3.5/2019 A4 Allroad 2.0t B9
Default 01-13-2019, 04:09 PM

Terry quick question, I've been noticing under full boost with the JB4 that it like all of the sudden bursts forward. Like the transition from stock boost PSI to the JB4 value is unsmooth. Not sure if that's normal for a piggyback.

2019 B9 Allroad- Audi Exclusive

2018 F-150 Lariat 502a 3.5/10Speed

2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige
(#10)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 01-14-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher_Allrad
Terry quick question, I've been noticing under full boost with the JB4 that it like all of the sudden bursts forward. Like the transition from stock boost PSI to the JB4 value is unsmooth. Not sure if that's normal for a piggyback.
Im not running a jb4 on our 3.5, yet, but stock, I get the same issue sometimes when going full throttle. From what I've read on other forums, its not boost related but may be transmission related. Mine it kinda feels like its slipping a bit then suddenly get a nice kick in the pants. There is a tsb for the 10speed that came out a couple of months ago that help with shifting issues, smoothness, ect. My next oil change I was going to have them re-flash the transmission since this seems to fix a lot of the weird trans issues some people report. Just a thought.
(#11)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnne99
Im not running a jb4 on our 3.5, yet, but stock, I get the same issue sometimes when going full throttle. From what I've read on other forums, its not boost related but may be transmission related. Mine it kinda feels like its slipping a bit then suddenly get a nice kick in the pants. There is a tsb for the 10speed that came out a couple of months ago that help with shifting issues, smoothness, ect. My next oil change I was going to have them re-flash the transmission since this seems to fix a lot of the weird trans issues some people report. Just a thought.
My truck is a october of 2018 build. PCM is at the highest revision sadly lol. Shifts kinda meh at times

2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 06:27 PM

Not normal... Record a JB4 log lets see what is going on!

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not normal... Record a JB4 log lets see what is going on!
This is going to sound dumb as sh*t but how do I record one lmao

2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-14-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher_Allrad
This is going to sound dumb as sh*t but how do I record one lmao
You'll need a data cable or bluetooth cable to do so.

BMS DATA Cable and 3' Extension Cable - BurgerTuning.com

Wireless JB4 Bluetooth Connect Kit - BurgerTuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 01-15-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Also when buying the wireless JB4 connect you will also need the $27.99 APP (JB4 Connect) to get it running--but it does a TON of things and makes life simple
(#16)
Old

Default 01-19-2019, 06:18 PM

Terry, got the USB extension on amazon, and will be doing a log with map 5 when no salt is o the roads! Hopefully by monday.

2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige
(#17)
Old

Default 01-20-2019, 07:52 AM

So I pulled the pedal commander and went to map 0 for several days. No issues. Bumped up to map 1 93 octane and before long in normal driving I get a wrench icon and P0224 engine code (a throttle code again). I see the app has WOT settings on it. Anyway thoughts on adjusting these settings in the hopes it eliminates this issue? I’m getting frustrated.
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane17
So I pulled the pedal commander and went to map 0 for several days. No issues. Bumped up to map 1 93 octane and before long in normal driving I get a wrench icon and P0224 engine code (a throttle code again). I see the app has WOT settings on it. Anyway thoughts on adjusting these settings in the hopes it eliminates this issue? Iím getting frustrated.
Tried taking it to the dealer with the fault to see what they suggest? I just don't see how tuning could cause it, especially since there have been no other reports.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 01-20-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane17
So I pulled the pedal commander and went to map 0 for several days. No issues. Bumped up to map 1 93 octane and before long in normal driving I get a wrench icon and P0224 engine code (a throttle code again). I see the app has WOT settings on it. Anyway thoughts on adjusting these settings in the hopes it eliminates this issue? Iím getting frustrated.
Like Terry said, it may be your truck, even thought you are in map0---Make sure you pull the JB4 Out before taking it to the dealer, you could stow and hide the OBD connection under the dash someplace!! DO not reset code!
(#20)
Old

Default 01-20-2019, 10:12 AM

Shoot I reset the code earlier when this happened. Am I screwed cause thatís detectable somehow?
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2019, 12:25 PM

No leave the code you want them to see it as that will indicate what they need to fix, if anything. Remove any mods though to avoid confusion.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default 01-20-2019, 12:41 PM

It's not detectable---you can reset a code at any auto parts store for free so they cannot say a word--just remove the JB4
(#23)
Old

Default 01-20-2019, 09:48 PM

I was thinking of clearing it and staying on map 0. If it happens then Iíd take it in after pulling the jb4 but I already was problem free on map 0 for several days. It wasnít until I went to map 1 did the problem start again.

Maybe I didnít drive the truck enough on map 0 to see if itís the truck and not the jb4 but so far this has only occurred with the jb4 active. If CS canít come up with something Iím pulling it and moving on. Doesnít seem like itís caused any damage so not the end of the world.