JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#526)
Old

Car: 2021 GR Supra 3.0
Default 01-14-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The BEF maps are all just starting points. If you need specific tuning advice post a log of your setup and we can evaluate it.

Main difference between maps are PUMP, RACE, or E85, depending on fuel being used.
Hi Terry, Do I need to bench unlock my 21 Supra B58 ecu to run JB4 and MHD BEF?

Last edited by ArthurWick; 01-14-2021 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Typo
(#527)
Old

Car: 2017 M240
Default 02-03-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldenne123
Hi bit confused hope you could help me , which BEF do i use with the PS2 setup and hpfp upgrade on only pump fuel shell v power, but no WMI or e85 etc as i notice only PURE files have RACE_PURE_WMI or PUMP_PURE_WMI both with WMI ? Is There a PURE file to flash just for pump fuel alone ? And which JB4 map would i use combined with the BEF i.e MAP 1,2,3 ETC ...thankyou
I would like more information about this setup also, if you have time to chime in Terry - as I'm not interested in messing with meth or any ethanol blend, and I'm limited to pump 91 octane - but will have a VTT GC installed in the next couple of weeks.

I know you say to post logs, and take it from there...but where to start?
(#528)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurWick
Hi Terry, Do I need to bench unlock my 21 Supra B58 ecu to run JB4 and MHD BEF?
I think 2020 yes, and 2021 models can't be flashed at all yet. But check with MHD on that end. They provide the flash license and logistics. We just do the mapping side.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#529)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcwia
I would like more information about this setup also, if you have time to chime in Terry - as I'm not interested in messing with meth or any ethanol blend, and I'm limited to pump 91 octane - but will have a VTT GC installed in the next couple of weeks.

I know you say to post logs, and take it from there...but where to start?
With 91 octane you always need to start slow. PUMP BEF, map1, we'll confirm boost control is working as it should be, then go up from there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#530)
Old

Car: 2018 M240i
Question Check Engine Light - 02-04-2021, 01:31 PM

If I get a CEL after installing a down pipe, can I use the MHD OBD II to inhibit that CEL?

I have a 2018 BMW M240i B58 with a JB4.

Thanks!
(#531)
Old

Car: 2020 BMW 440i xdrive convertible
Default Maps - 03-09-2021, 03:28 PM

I have a 2020 BMW 440i xdrive convertible (B58)
Mods: 93 octane, bms intake, JB4 + BEF MHD, vrsf high flow catted DP, and Akrapovic full exhaust.

What jb4 and MHD map should I be using?

Currently I have it set on Map 3 (JB4) and BEF JB4 RACE 4 map.... Is that the right settings?

Last edited by spiderweb8; 03-10-2021 at 06:09 AM..
(#532)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2021, 11:02 AM

Yes that's correct, the RACE BEF. Options bit6 on as well in the JB4 so it knows you have a BEF loaded.

Burger Motorsports

(#533)
Old

Default 03-10-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Yes that's correct, the RACE BEF. Options bit6 on as well in the JB4 so it knows you have a BEF loaded.
Can I use map 4 or 5?
(#534)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2021, 11:20 AM

Log 3 to start and lets checkout your specific fuel and situation. Always safer to start lower and work your way up.

Burger Motorsports

(#535)
Old

Default 03-10-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Log 3 to start and lets checkout your specific fuel and situation. Always safer to start lower and work your way up.
I think these are the right logs... if not I will make new ones when I get home.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R2_210310_1446.csv (9.2 KB, 193 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R5_210310_0914.csv (25.9 KB, 200 views)
(#536)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 03-12-2021, 07:37 PM

any updates to the xdf or maps?
(#537)
Old

Car: 2020 BMW M340i
Default 03-15-2021, 01:39 AM

Can someone help me understand the whole backend flash. I have a 2020 M340i with A jb4. I want the power of the JB4 but the burbles from MHD. DME is unlocked, and I have the MHD G series flasher. How do i proceed? If anyone can help let me know! Thanks!
(#538)
Old

Default 03-27-2021, 10:54 AM

Does anyone know the torque limit on a 2020 BMW 440i xdrive convertible axles?
(#539)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 03-31-2021, 11:43 AM

So Im about to BEF my 340i and Im looking to join the WhatsApp MHD B58 group but the invite link is no longer valid, can someone link me in?
(#540)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 03-31-2021, 02:23 PM

Hello Iím installing a Vegas GC with TU pump this weekend. Is there a tune I can run with the free MHD maps, like the e30-e50 range, and a boost target like Map 2 or 3 on the JB4 I can run for a week or so to make sure all the hardware is on right before doing the full on runs with a tuner?
(#541)
Old

Car: BMW 440ix
Default 04-03-2021, 04:07 AM

Should I get a obd2 splitter so I can have the both connected or just tune with mhd and throw the wifi connector in my glove box or somewhere?
(#542)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
any updates to the xdf or maps?
We have updated G chassis maps, and made some minor F chassis changes too including adding a PUMP BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#543)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPUKiller
Hello Iím installing a Vegas GC with TU pump this weekend. Is there a tune I can run with the free MHD maps, like the e30-e50 range, and a boost target like Map 2 or 3 on the JB4 I can run for a week or so to make sure all the hardware is on right before doing the full on runs with a tuner?
Just start with the E85 BEF but keep boost lower by using JB4 map2, and lets evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports

(#544)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarmy2010
Should I get a obd2 splitter so I can have the both connected or just tune with mhd and throw the wifi connector in my glove box or somewhere?
MHD is only connected when doing flash updates, and at all other times needs to be in the glovebox.

Burger Motorsports

(#545)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 07-02-2021, 03:19 AM

Quote:
We have updated G chassis maps, and made some minor F chassis changes too including adding a PUMP BEF.
were these updated maps ever posted? last set i see is May 2020?
thanks
(#546)
Old

Car: 2018 BMW 440I Xdrive convertible
Default 07-08-2021, 08:02 PM

I was hoping that someone could take a look at my logs for me. I haven't posted logs before, so I'm hoping that the logs themselves are done properly.

The car is a 2018 440Ix convertible, 40,000 KM, new plugs, open DP, intake, jb4 with EWG connected, BMS WMI kit on it and MHD BEF b58-race. I'm in Canada and I'm running Petro Canada ultra 94 octane.

There are 2 logs grouped into one here. First pull was map 3, and second was map 7.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R2_210708_2002.csv (12.7 KB, 121 views)
(#547)
Old

Default 07-26-2021, 12:25 PM

hey guys, ive been running jb4 for the last year and never installed my mhd yet. Today i installed my TU fuel pump and cant decide what map to run or BEF depending which route to go. Whats my best option? no e85 yet but i will be able to get it soon.
(#548)
Old

Car: 2020 BMW 440i Xdrive Convertible
Default 08-09-2021, 01:55 PM

MHD did raise their pricing slightly. They also allow iOS now. I noticed iOS is not listed on the instructions here. Is there still a requirement for only Android when doing the BEF with JB4 or is iOS allowed?

Last edited by JayFar; 08-11-2021 at 02:57 PM..
(#549)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default 08-14-2021, 11:59 AM

Приветствую! Хочу задать вопрос. Имею BMW M140i. *****ted ********, exhaust miltek, tuned xHP stage 3, tuned MHD BACK AND FLASH map race, tuned JB4 map2. Вопрос в том, могу ли я использовать map 3?Greetings! I want to ask a question. I have a BMW M140i. ***** ted ********, exhaust miltek, tuned xHP stage 3, tuned MHD BACK AND FLASH map race, tuned JB4 map2. The question is, can I use map 3?

Last edited by adius2009; 08-15-2021 at 03:57 AM..
(#550)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default 08-16-2021, 02:55 AM

My logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R2_210708_2002.csv (12.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_210814_233838.csv (12.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_210814_233931.csv (17.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_210814_234528.csv (13.9 KB, 109 views)