N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: M4
Default 11-26-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Probably have something set differently between them to cause it. Like open loop.
Nope open loop is set to 70 on both.

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2018, 07:17 PM

May need to be lower on newer firmware then, or post a log if you need additional help. Can't provide technical support without the specifics.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Default 11-27-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
May need to be lower on newer firmware then, or post a log if you need additional help. Can't provide technical support without the specifics.

Ok I will as soon as I can. Also did you make any head way on looking into what the issue Iím having with the jb4 not clearing codes because of the new rom version with mhd?

(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2018, 05:04 PM

No not yet, although MHD recently sent me updated XDF files. I'll check that out in a bit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
No not yet, although MHD recently sent me updated XDF files. I'll check that out in a bit.

ok thank you. it deff has something to do with it because right before i flashed mhd it worked perfectly.

(#31)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:

Hey terry.

Ok I tried to update to the 1-8-4 test11 firmware again but it misfires and throws into limp mode no matter what I do. Iím attaching 3 logs 2 of them are from the new firmware and the third one is from the 1-8-3 test 15 firmware that works no problem. Iím trying to understand whatís going wrong and why I canít run the new firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-30 10_02_10.csv (19.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-30 09_31_13.csv (15.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-30 09_27_56.csv (18.0 KB, 22 views)

(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 09:10 AM

First issue is PID gain looks way too high. Lower that to 8. Also disable FUD.5, and reset duty bias all to 50 across the board.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
First issue is PID gain looks way too high. Lower that to 8. Also disable FUD.5, and reset duty bias all to 50 across the board.
ok i will do this now and send a log after for you

(#34)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Terry I did as you said and car seems to be running great now on new firmware. Here is the log from your changes. How does it look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-30 13_00_42.csv (14.6 KB, 19 views)

(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 11:45 AM

Grab a log on map7 so I can compare our boost profile to the map6 profile you're running.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Grab a log on map7 so I can compare our boost profile to the map6 profile you're running.
Hey terry here is a log on map 7 for you
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-30 16_29_26.csv (15.7 KB, 22 views)

(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 03:28 PM

Stock turbos right? Should be shifting those suckers before 6k!

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Stock turbos right? Should be shifting those suckers before 6k!
Yep still stock turbos. Trying to get in the 10s with it and above 600whp.
It idles a bit rough with this new firmwhere isbthere a fix yo that ?

(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 07:01 PM

The JB4 firmware has no sway over how it idles, that would be based on the BEF settings, fuel scalar, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
The JB4 firmware has no sway over how it idles, that would be based on the BEF settings, fuel scalar, etc.
Ok thank you. I was also wondering if you got a chance to take a look at the why I still canít delete codes from my jb4 app like I used to? You said you would look I to it as itís related to the fact my car has a new rom version as opposed to the 2018 and earlier.

Also was wondering what the difference was between the firmware Iím running now and the newer one you sent me 1-8-5 test 2?

(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 09:50 PM

It's a mystery right now. Martial tells me nothing changed. Email me at terry@burgertuning.com and we'll email some firmware back and forth to isolate it.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 12-01-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
It's a mystery right now. Martial tells me nothing changed. Email me at terry@burgertuning.com and we'll email some firmware back and forth to isolate it.
Ok I will email you now. And thatís really strange because he is the one that sent you the updated files that he just did. Remind him Iím the one that he had to update the mhd flash software for because they changed Something in 2019ís that wouldnít let the flashing software connect to the DME this whole issue with deleting started after I flashed the MHD.