N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1326)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-03-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
550cc injectors are good for up to how much whp on E85 hybrids ? When would you know you need to step up to 750cc ? The pi algorithm was setup for what size injectors ? Or would it not matter ?
Should be good to 750whp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1327)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 12-03-2018, 02:59 PM

For 550cc ?? My buddy just did PS2 hi flows and his pi kit came with 750cc. Would he have issues dialing it in ? He wants 620 whp or so.
(#1328)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
For 550cc ?? My buddy just did PS2 hi flows and his pi kit came with 750cc. Would he have issues dialing it in ? He wants 620 whp or so.
Nope, not at all. Have him post up a log

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1329)
Old

Default 12-03-2018, 03:18 PM

As far as fuelen goes, 100 is max ? I have my pi bias starting at 65 and finishing off at 80. Logs look good but on higher psi (same settings), i noticed fuelen went from 70s to 90s. Would this mean injectors are near max or nothing to do with it ?
(#1330)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
As far as fuelen goes, 100 is max ? I have my pi bias starting at 65 and finishing off at 80. Logs look good but on higher psi (same settings), i noticed fuelen went from 70s to 90s. Would this mean injectors are near max or nothing to do with it ?
Yes, you're correct in your description. Log would better tell though, got one?

Burger Motorsports

(#1331)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 12-03-2018, 04:03 PM

I have a quick question, probably a silly one, but the wiring harness that connects to the PI rail, it goes in the order of, short wire, long wire, repeat until all 6 are connected correct?
(#1332)
Old

Default 12-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes, you're correct in your description. Log would better tell though, got one?
Heres a 25 vs 27 psi
Note FOL and fuelen in each log
Should I get 750cc ? Or its ok to stick with 550 ? Im only 600whp @ 27psi
Attached Files
File Type: csv 25.csv (9.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: csv 27.csv (13.9 KB, 73 views)
(#1333)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 12-04-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Heres a 25 vs 27 psi
600whp @27psi? That seems low
(#1334)
Old

Default 12-04-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
600whp @27psi? That seems low
Thats a interesting statement . You have no clue what turbos im running do you ?? Have you seen how many variances RB alone carries ???
(#1335)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-04-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
I have a quick question, probably a silly one, but the wiring harness that connects to the PI rail, it goes in the order of, short wire, long wire, repeat until all 6 are connected correct?
Yes, as long as they're all connected you're good.

Burger Motorsports

(#1336)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Heres a 25 vs 27 psi
FOL will adjust itself, so it varies. Usually with PI I leave FOL at 0 and let PI do the rest.

Burger Motorsports

(#1337)
Old

Default 12-04-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
FOL will adjust itself, so it varies. Usually with PI I leave FOL at 0 and let PI do the rest.
Yes but at 25 psi FOL will stay at 90. Once I hit 27 psi, pi actually flows more and brings down FOL. at the same time, fuelen starts maxing out into the 90s and 100. So would 750cc injectors benefit my situation to be able to run FOL at 0 ? If I set FOL at 0 and let pi do all the work, I believe it cant supply enough fuel as they are already maxing out ?
(#1338)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 01-19-2019, 03:24 PM

Oops, posted in the wrong port injection thread. ( posted in port meth) is this the updated chip I have, is there any way of telling?
Attached Images

2007 335xi MT, JB4, bms dci, 5"vrsf stepped fmic, d_p's, vrsf full silicone inlets, er chargepipe, hyperboost diverter valves
(#1339)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 09:23 AM

No we can't tell what software is flashed to the chip by looking at it. So if in doubt replace it. I'd guess you don't have it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1340)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 01-26-2019, 03:12 AM

Quick question on Jb4 firmware xx_T10 Anti lag logic and meth PI BMS controller with relay/ white wire trigger.

Could there be any issues? 2step/ antilag dont work like they used to
(#1341)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-02-2019, 09:13 AM

My PI does not seem to be working. I have checked all of the wires a few times now. I am getting the fuel enrichment but no Meth feedback. Please see attached logs. I tried 99 and 100 in the meth scaling and nothing. I also tried a PI and non PI backend flash. What looks wrong? ANSWER: It was the old chipset, had to buy and install the new chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you do not have a 2STEP/NLS relay installed then make sure JB4 menu8 in dash is set to 0rpm. Otherwise the JB4 will assume a clutch wire is installed which will block the port injection from kicking on.

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black connects to ground
Red connects to JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 DB25 harness spot #15 (where meth blue would normally go)
Purple goes in the JB4 small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
Orange wire is a +12v output for your second fuel pump OR WMI PUMP (if running meth port injection), it has a maximum output of around 2 amps so run it through a relay.

Note with the BMS JB4 PI Controller no programming is required on the controller itself.

Setup on the JB4 end:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) Ensure the JB4 has the latest firmware
3) Set fuel bias to 50 for all RPM spots. This indicates to run the JB4s default curve. From that point you can raise or lower the values by RPM to tell the JB4 to add more or less fuel based on the current tuning conditions. Note the JB4 also takes in to account gear, low fuel pressure, rate of boost gain, intake temperatures, and other factors to arrive at a final port injection output. The output value is displayed as fuel-enrich in JB4 logs.
4) Set "meth scaling" to 99. When port injection is flowing you should see a meth flow trace appear in JB4 logs that mirrors "fuel enrichment" (port injection dutycycle request). If the trace is stuck at 0 there is likely a wiring or setup issue.
5) Menu8 in dash must be set to 0, unless vehicle is manual transmission equipped with a NLS/2STEP relay.
Through installing my PI I have seen some additional/conflicting information so I wanted have you change the initial setup post if at all needed.

On 4) above; I have have seen it posted that "meth scaling" should be set to 99 or 100? does it matter which one?

6) Fuel Open Loop should be reset to 0.
7) If ethanol sensor is installed, Enable "Scale PI on Flex Fuel" under Ethanol setup.

Is there anything else that I have missed on an initial JB4 PI setup?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-04 20_41_57_Gear-3_Map-7 99.csv (12.7 KB, 108 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-04 20_50_31_Gear-3_Map-7 (1) 100.csv (14.5 KB, 95 views)

09 135i N54|OEM Turbos|NGK 97506|OEM Coils|DTC Disable on Startup Harness| JB4 G5|MFactory LSD|Stage 2 LPFP|BM-Parts 750cc PI|BMS PI Cont|E85 Sensor|Active Autowerks 7" FMIC|VRSF CP|HKS SSQ BOV|Agency Downs & Midpipes|JE Piston Heads|SPEC STG 3 Spr 6|ACT Pressure Plate|SPEC Single Mass Alum Flywheel|COBB Sway Bars|Ohlins Coilover 400/600|CAR BLOG

Last edited by AJoosten; 02-18-2019 at 09:22 PM..
(#1342)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 03-05-2019, 04:47 PM

Hello, I知 currently running FBO,jb4 pump flash USA, e30, on stock tubos. I知 about to install the PI (750cc) along with the aluminum intake manifold. What is the correct backend flash for this set up. Thanks.
(#1343)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-05-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendozaz31
Hello, I知 currently running FBO,jb4 pump flash USA, e30, on stock tubos. I知 about to install the PI (750cc) along with the aluminum intake manifold. What is the correct backend flash for this set up. Thanks.
I assume you will be using full e85?

Ijeos or i8aos?

Burger Motorsports

(#1344)
Old

Default 03-05-2019, 06:48 PM

I8AOS. Yes eventually. I would like to keep both fuel options since I’m a little limited to e85.
(#1345)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-06-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendozaz31
I8AOS. Yes eventually. I would like to keep both fuel options since I知 a little limited to e85.
You would have to change flash depending on what you run.

JB4_I8A0S_E85.bin for e50 blend or more.

JB4_I8A0S_PUMP_USA.bin for pump gas.

Burger Motorsports

(#1346)
Old

Default 03-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Thanks.
(#1347)
Old

Default 04-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Hello, I just installed JB4 PI along with Phoenix manifold. The MHD backend has an option for PI safety (coil cut out). Do I check this option? Thanks.

07 335i
Jb4mhdbackend,VRSF7.5steppedFMI,Index12,injectors, VRSF Charge pipe,Tial bov,Fuel it ethanol kit,Fuel it stage 2 bucket pump,Xhp stage 3 auto,BMS CC,NGK Plugs,VRSF turbo inlets
(#1348)
Old

Car: bmw 135i n54
Default 04-11-2019, 07:53 PM

terry what do you think of these logs? in map 8 the pi meth flow can not be seen that marks anything is strange, but in the map7 if you see that there are records of what worked, the car is working with e85 at 70% and the mix I see a little poor
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-11 23_13_42_Map-1.csv (22.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-11 23_17_51_Map-8.csv (19.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-11 23_20_43_Map-7.csv (24.1 KB, 15 views)

bmw 135 i m54 jb4 PT 6466 PT intercooler fsb meth
(#1349)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 04-27-2019, 09:21 AM

Can someone post how to wire jb4 pi controller with meth, with secondary fuel pump(stage 3). Meth, pi and secondary pump only come on at certain boost. Want jb4 to control all that. And with all of this, will I be able to add 2 step down the road?

2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF ** // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // XHP 6AT FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC // //
(#1350)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 06:13 AM

I have my ethanol sensor connected in the db25 main harness slot 15. How do I go about removing it and putting it into slot 2 which is the only empty one? Is there a trick to removing it?

Or can I just connect the pi controller into slot #2 of db25 connector and be done?

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning

Last edited by mojo20032004; 06-01-2019 at 06:29 AM..