N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#11426)
Old

Car: 335XI
Default Pure turbo stage 2 and JB4/MHD - 04-28-2019, 07:30 AM

Hello all, first post for me.

Having a 335xi E90 2008 N54 with 125K miles on it. I'am planning to install Pure stage 2 turbo upgrades in two weeks.

I'am FBO, MHD back-end flashed as well as an updated JB4. I'll be installing inlets, DVs and a new water pump in the same time.

I'am fueling with 91 since a don't have access to better fuel in my town. It's my DD.

My question: Do i have something to adjust on the JB4 in order to target the proper boost? I'm planning to leave it on MAP5.

Thank you for your comments/answers.
(#11427)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 04-28-2019, 07:41 AM

What is an updated jb4? Like latest software? Or did they make a new jb4 after the g5?

2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF ** // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // XHP 6AT FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC // //
(#11428)
Old

Default 04-28-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908
What is an updated jb4? Like latest software? Or did they make a new jb4 after the g5?
Hello Maniac,

Yes, it's with the latest firmware. Maybe it's not that relevant.
(#11429)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2019, 09:08 AM

Just enter the default hybrid turbo settings to start!

JB4 N54 Hybrid Turbo Setup Directions - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11430)
Old

Default 04-28-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thank you very much, exactly what i needed.. I still miss t-map sensor and tge adapter i guess, and the new rbPCV valve.

Last question, should i still use Back-End map Pump even if i'am hybrid ? (I don't use any PI, Meth or Ethanol, just 91).

Thank you again !
(#11431)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 04-30-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furylibre
Thank you very much, exactly what i needed.. I still miss t-map sensor and tge adapter i guess, and the new rbPCV valve.

Last question, should i still use Back-End map Pump even if i'am hybrid ? (I don't use any PI, Meth or Ethanol, just 91).

Thank you again !
The answer is yes. I had asked that question on one of the forums before.
(#11432)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furylibre

Thank you again !
Yes for lower grade fuel the same base BEF Is used even with hybrids. And then you'd want to post logs and we can help you evaluate it from there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11433)
Old

Car: BMW e60 535i
Default 05-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you're referring to but you can use any JB4 map you want for any feature we offer.
I updated my jb4 with the Bluetooth kit I just purchased and I saw on the notes it said I had to do everything with certain map settings. So my question is when I go on the app at the top it says map 6 configurations so do I need to be in map 6 before doing the update because now I am getting the dreaded boost leak code
(#11434)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-03-2019, 01:42 PM

Probably the wrong place but I looked, if my girl’s JB4 is installed correctly, firmware up to date, set to stock dme settings (4/3 I believe), put on map zero, and throws an engine malfunction code that is doesn’t throw with the JB4 installed, that is clearly a problem with the JB4 (bought used) and probably needs a new board yeah?

EDIT: the user adjustment setting have been reset accordingly as well, I know I did it right because I did the same thing to my 135i the only difference is she has a 335i. Both N54

2010 135i M-sport auto :/ VRSF 7.5” intercooler, VRSF inlets, VRSF charge pipe, Turbosmart “race” BOV, BMS DCI, BMS JB4, BMS cowl delete.
(#11435)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 coupe
Default 05-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerfigueredo
Probably the wrong place but I looked, if my girl’s JB4 is installed correctly, firmware up to date, set to stock dme settings (4/3 I believe), put on map zero, and throws an engine malfunction code that is doesn’t throw with the JB4 installed, that is clearly a problem with the JB4 (bought used) and probably needs a new board yeah?

EDIT: the user adjustment setting have been reset accordingly as well, I know I did it right because I did the same thing to my 135i the only difference is she has a 335i. Both N54
Did you test that JB4 in your car too to see if it causes the same engine malfunction?
That would answer your question whether or not the board is fried or her car actually has issues
(#11436)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-03-2019, 04:22 PM

That’s what I’m about to have to do but I was just trying to get a second opinion.

Edit: took the JB4 off and the car works excellently now. For some reason it wasn’t boosting at all according to a log I took right before I took it apart and now it’s good. So I’m assuming the board is usually the first thing that I should replace seeing as the harness looks fine, but ima take it apart and look at it. Anyone have any input on how obvious it would be to see where/if it’s messed up?

2010 135i M-sport auto :/ VRSF 7.5” intercooler, VRSF inlets, VRSF charge pipe, Turbosmart “race” BOV, BMS DCI, BMS JB4, BMS cowl delete.

Last edited by Tylerfigueredo; 05-03-2019 at 06:11 PM..
(#11437)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-06-2019, 08:28 AM

Good morning. I have also just installed rb turbos on my 335 n54 and have FBO and bms WMI. Running 91 octane. With bms bef.

My question is probably stupid but please bear with me

When Terry says to enter de default hybrid turbo settings, does this mean to run map 6 with these settings?? Or still run map5??

Please be easy on me. I am new!! Thanks in advance guys!!!
(#11438)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 05-06-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcardenas
Good morning. I have also just installed rb turbos on my 335 n54 and have FBO and bms WMI. Running 91 octane. With bms bef.

When Terry says to enter de default hybrid turbo settings, does this mean to run map 6 with these settings?? Or still run map5??

are they RB stock replacements or upgraded? gotta ask

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#11439)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Once hybrid settings are entered you continue to use any map you want. I'd start slow like map1 to ensure it's all working as it should be.

Burger Motorsports

(#11440)
Old

Car: E92 335xi
Default 05-06-2019, 02:10 PM

Does anyone have the beta firmware for 2 step on a auto trans?
(#11441)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-15-2019, 03:29 PM

For NLS on new firmware manuals need to make sure that auto shift reduction is set to 0 so the JB4 knows you are manual trans.

Burger Motorsports

(#11442)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-15-2019, 05:52 PM

Good evening. In response to haynpunch’s question, my turbos are rb upgraded turbo ones.

Thanks
(#11443)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 05-17-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Good evening. In response to haynpunch’s question, my turbos are rb upgraded turbo ones.

Thanks
JB4 N54 Hybrid Turbo Setup Directions
I would start with a lower map, post a proper log in the Support section then they will instruct you to move up to the next level maps

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#11444)
Old

Car: '09 335i
Default 05-17-2019, 07:22 PM

Hello all, first post here. Been running JB4 with firmware 32/8//2 for almost a year now (purchased JB4 last summer) and recently updated to firmware 32/14//2 and noticed a couple odd gauge behaviors that weren't happening before.

One is that the gauge sweep sometimes happens several seconds after startup when taking off (manual trans), this doesn't seem to be consistent on when or if it happens.The other thing I noticed is that going from a fuel gauge hijacking option (ie boost on fuel) back to disabling fuel gauge hijacking, the fuel gauge will just remain on empty until I restart the car when it will go back to reading the fuel level.

Curious if anyone else has noticed similar behavior or if it's something I'm doing wrong?
(#11445)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi coupe
Default 05-20-2019, 06:35 PM

Hi, I keep getting ALL cylinder misfires on WOT only above 5000rpm.

Have RB turbos on 100% meth, FBO, upgraded LPFP.

Tried NGK 2 step and 1 step colder plugs and stock plugs. No change

New coils. Bimmerlife.

Injectors are index 12. Have replaced cylinders 1-2-3. Same results . Doesn't seem like I have issue there as no morning misfires due to leaks. And misfires are always on different cylinders or in ALL cylinders. Coded well and decouplers in place.

Carbon cleaning done as well.

Logged HPFP & LPFP with Trebila and everything is perfect. Logs are perfect until misfires.

Have stage 3+ spec clutch and flywheel.

No other codes. Just the misfires on several/All cylinders.

O2 sensors fairly new.

Any ideas.?? Anyone??

JB4 ar **'s cp-e fmic AMS exhaust BMS DCI METH Stoptech BBK TC Kilne Vorshlag RB Turbos
(#11446)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Hello all, first post here. Been running JB4 with firmware 32/8//2 for almost a year now (purchased JB4 last summer) and recently updated to firmware 32/14//2 and noticed a couple odd gauge behaviors that weren't happening before.

One is that the gauge sweep sometimes happens several seconds after startup when taking off (manual trans), this doesn't seem to be consistent on when or if it happens.The other thing I noticed is that going from a fuel gauge hijacking option (ie boost on fuel) back to disabling fuel gauge hijacking, the fuel gauge will just remain on empty until I restart the car when it will go back to reading the fuel level.

Curious if anyone else has noticed similar behavior or if it's something I'm doing wrong?
Both could just be bugs with the v14 firmware. I'll check in to the gauge hijacking not resetting.

On the gauge sweep is RPM dropping when you engage the clutch to trigger it?

Burger Motorsports

(#11447)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred
Any ideas.?? Anyone??
Misfires are difficult to track down. If the logs look generally OK then you only have the codes to go off. Does it happen if you revert back to stock coils? Does it happen at lower boost levels?

Burger Motorsports

(#11448)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Both could just be bugs with the v14 firmware. I'll check in to the gauge hijacking not resetting.

Thanks Terry, I image the RPM drops somewhat as I let the clutch out to take off, I can't say that's exactly when the gauge sweep is triggered though.

I'll watch it more closely over the next couple days to see if I can narrow down what triggers the sweep.
(#11449)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-21-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:

Noticed this guage sweep on startup sometimes it sweep directly , other times it takes few seconds maybe 10 or 15 sweep after startup, thought my jb4 start getting crazy but possible its same reason of the above. By the way noticed this mainly after the upgrade of firmware which meant for the xhp and trans changes.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#11450)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:

I watched it closer today, on a cold start the gauge sweep is delayed until the idle drops down below 1000 rpm (about 20-30 seconds after startup).

I tried starting it again a few times after the engine was warmed up and the gauge sweep happened immediately every time.