N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2008 335i coupe
Default 04-29-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Won't be too much longer now but still don't have an exact date. We made some improvements to the orignal design which delayed things a few weeks.
Sounds good. I guess JB4 alone will do for now. I did a couple Map 3 and Map 5 pulls on my C63 just JB4 and ~E30. Can someone please take a look ?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-29 22_52_44_Map-5.csv (10.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-29 22_49_46_Map-5.csv (8.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-29 22_54_25_Map-3.csv (7.4 KB, 14 views)
(#127)
Old

Default 05-01-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92carlos
Sounds good. I guess JB4 alone will do for now. I did a couple Map 3 and Map 5 pulls on my C63 just JB4 and ~E30. Can someone please take a look ?
Anyone?
(#128)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 05-05-2019, 04:28 PM

Are there any updates on C63S? I am contemplating buying a JB4 instead of going to Eurocharged. Thanks

2018 C63s AMG
(#129)
Old

Default 05-06-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan
Are there any updates on C63S? I am contemplating buying a JB4 instead of going to Eurocharged. Thanks
I just recently purchased my jb4 and as you can see i havenít gotten much support on my logs.
(#130)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Looks pretty good. Set open loop to 40 and get another log on map 5.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#131)
Old

Car: 08 e90 335
Default 05-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I just recently purchased my jb4 and as you can see i havenít gotten much support on my logs.
If you read earlier in the thread it says to email payam@burgertuning.com
You will get a faster response emailing them
(#132)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 05-21-2019, 05:13 AM

How long is the Beta planned to go for? Any refinements and progress being made from Beta user logs and BMSíS own testing to finalize things and end the Beta program stage? Would be nice to see notes on refinements and improvements like the firmware history log on the non AMG Mercedes JB4 page.
(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2019, 09:22 AM

On BETA we'll remove the tag in the near future, no firmware changes have been needed recently so I think it's pretty stable at this point. Once we have a stable production version we'll start looking in to firmware updates for new features, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#134)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 05-22-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
On BETA we'll remove the tag in the near future, no firmware changes have been needed recently so I think it's pretty stable at this point. Once we have a stable production version we'll start looking in to firmware updates for new features, etc.
Thanks Terry
(#135)
Old

Car: 2014 M5 MT
Default 05-22-2019, 10:55 AM

Any major differences on M177 for C63s versus E63s that would make you advise to "hold off" on purchasing for E63s?
(#136)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 05-26-2019, 11:08 AM

Hello, I am running now since 4 weeks the JB4 with BMC air filter on map 2/3 and it works fine. I am using German Aral ultimate 102 fuel. I am not sure how much power the car have but it’s definitely more than before ��
Is it also possible to run the JB4 with bigger Turbos or does I need a software upgrade?
I think the car is now at the same level as my BMW M4 with JB4 and d o w n p i p e s was. The d o w n p i p e s aren’t possible this time because of the cops here.

Best regards
(#137)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2019, 03:10 PM

For larger turbos I think a flash will be required, and then we can use the JB4 on top of that to fine tune it, layer in safety systems, and more.

Burger Motorsports

(#138)
Old

Default 05-26-2019, 03:50 PM

Is it not possible without a flash. I donít want to flash my car. Maybe in the future. I didnít want the maximum of power of the turbos I think only more than now. What could I do to increase the power without to see it. Intake is visible, d o w n p I p e s are to loud.

Best regards

Achi
(#139)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM

If you're going to do turbos I think you need to plan on a base flash to match.. And then the JB4 can handle everything from there including fine tuning, safety, boost by gear, loggin, etc, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#140)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 05-27-2019, 11:21 AM

Going to install this finally on my 2017 C63 W205 sedan EU.
After install use only map 1+2 ? Send logs to Terry or who? After reviewing the logs he can make some setting? I have been using Ecutek before.. i have 98octane fuel and possibly E85 also.

I would like to make some video comparation before/after and I am also going to dyno same day.
Thanks
(#141)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
If you're going to do turbos I think you need to plan on a base flash to match.. And then the JB4 can handle everything from there including fine tuning, safety, boost by gear, loggin, etc, etc.
That means bigger or better turbos will not work without any flash. The best way for me will be not to touch anything of the software.
I think on the M4 it wasnít necessary to flash if you use other turbos, but I am not sure.

Best regards

Achi
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2019, 05:10 PM

What is the reason for not wanting to touch the software? Due to warranty? Big turbos will void it just as quickly.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 02:03 AM

Quote:
What is the reason for not wanting to touch the software? Due to warranty? Big turbos will void it just as quickly.
No itís more because I donít want that I need somebody. At the moment I am free because I do everything by myself and I like it. I change the tune with the app etc. if I flash the car and I need a change I will need somebody to do this.

Best regards
(#144)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 07:17 AM

Hi I have just finished install of jb4 for my c63 sedan. everything went well. Will post some pics soon. here are the logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 15_57_32_Map-2.csv (16.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 15_56_07_Map-2.csv (7.1 KB, 3 views)
(#145)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 10:04 AM

here is longer log. There is more power, but sometimes i feel like rpms dont go smoothly with full throttle
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 19_01_55_Map-1.csv (95.8 KB, 7 views)
(#146)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 10:10 AM

with map 2
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 19_07_18_Map-2.csv (37.1 KB, 4 views)
(#147)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
here is longer log. There is more power, but sometimes i feel like rpms dont go smoothly with full throttle
Log looks clean to me on map1. No obvious sign of issues with boost, timing, or fueling.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
with map 2
I see some wheel spin or DSC kicking in here on map2, to be expected.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Thanks for very fast reply. I am really enjoying extra power. should I set something in app? or keep it and use map1/2
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 06:22 PM

If you have traction issues can lower boost in 1st or 2nd gear.. But otherwise enjoy!

Burger Motorsports