N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1626)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-12-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
One question DO we enable this? bit3 - Raise "boost over stock" cap from 10psi to 20psi.
Usually for people running larger turbos. Not needed for stock turbos.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1627)
Old

Car: n55
Default 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM

Is the carb legal jb4 able to be updated to new firmware?
(#1628)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc67065
Is the carb legal jb4 able to be updated to new firmware?
No firmware updates are blocked out on the CARB models.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1629)
Old

Car: n55
Default 04-12-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No firmware updates are blocked out on the CARB models.
Which version is on the carb model and where can I find the all the map settings for carb jb4?
(#1630)
Old

Car: F30 320i B48
Default 04-13-2019, 06:15 PM

Is there gonna be firmware 11 final / release /stable build? I want to update the firmware from v9..
(#1631)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 04-13-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne
Is there gonna be firmware 11 final / release /stable build? I want to update the firmware from v9..
V11 t4 is stable
(#1632)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 04-14-2019, 06:51 AM

Terry posted recently he was working on new f/w for b58. We just need to be patient.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1633)
Old

Car: BMW 320 lci B48
Default 04-14-2019, 12:59 PM

Hello.
B48 (330).
What to set the value auto shift boost reduction to reduce overboost?

Log (280+, second run).
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-14_14_58_26_Map-6.csv (142.0 KB, 40 views)
(#1634)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 04-16-2019, 03:51 PM

I’m running v11 t9 hex firmware on the jb4 with my bef flash. I want to keep the afr and boost gauge working can I use map 1?
(#1635)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 04:23 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#1636)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanychev
Hello.
B48 (330).
What to set the value auto shift boost reduction to reduce overboost?

Log (280+, second run).
You're not over boosting on the shift here? The shift reduction is used when you have the EWG connector, and then a default value of 60, reduces WGDC during shifts, to prevent over boosting in the next gear.

Burger Motorsports

(#1637)
Old

Default 04-16-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
You're not over boosting on the shift here? The shift reduction is used when you have the EWG connector, and then a default value of 60, reduces WGDC during shifts, to prevent over boosting in the next gear.
EWG installed. Default value 0, set 60?
(#1638)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanychev
EWG installed. Default value 0, set 60?
You can change it to 60, yes. It's not a setting that is generally relevant unless you're running a really aggressive boost profile and are over boosting post shift. Are you? If you are not then don't worry about it. If you are then post a log of that and I can help you refine the setting.

Burger Motorsports

(#1639)
Old
Rr

Car: 320i
Default 04-22-2019, 06:46 PM

Hi,terry.Is BMW_B48_B58_12_V3 firmware stable?Can I upgrade from BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_11_TEST4? Can the new firmware turn off dashboard scanning animation?
(#1640)
Old

Default 04-23-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
You can change it to 60, yes. It's not a setting that is generally relevant unless you're running a really aggressive boost profile and are over boosting post shift. Are you? If you are not then don't worry about it. If you are then post a log of that and I can help you refine the setting.
Use boost 20-22 psi.

update 12 version, tests.

Adaptations?
The car is inadequate.
B48

Version 12.

The first log is 6 map, target is null.
The second log - 3 map, 100% pedal - kick and sharp brake (after which I let go of the pedal).

Update: map1 - error (check engine), attachment.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-23 16_50_59_Map-6.csv (40.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-23 16_51_28_Map-3.csv (5.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Romanychev; 04-23-2019 at 10:31 AM..
(#1641)
Old

Car: Audi A3
Default 04-23-2019, 09:25 AM

Hi all,

I'm highly considering to buy a new M140 2018.
With the car FBO and the JB4. How should I expect to have in whp?
Can someone share dino results?

Regards,

Tulio
(#1642)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2019, 11:35 AM

Should be around 400whp on pump gas.

Burger Motorsports

(#1643)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-23-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutuco
Hi all,

I'm highly considering to buy a new M140 2018.
With the car FBO and the JB4. How should I expect to have in whp?
Can someone share dino results?

Regards,

Tulio
I did 410whp/426 ft-lb STD with JB4 map 5, intake, and 5" catted down-pipe with 3 gallons of E85 mixed with 91 octane fuel.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#1644)
Old

Default 04-23-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Should be around 400whp on pump gas.
Thanks Terry! One more question. Can JB4 handle any bigger turbo in B58's?
(#1645)
Old

Default 04-23-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
I did 410whp/426 ft-lb STD with JB4 map 5, intake, and 5" catted down-pipe with 3 gallons of E85 mixed with 91 octane fuel.
Thanks bro!
(#1646)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutuco
Thanks Terry! One more question. Can JB4 handle any bigger turbo in B58's?
Yes of course, we can control whatever turbo you want to install.

Burger Motorsports

(#1647)
Old

Car: f30 b58
Default 05-01-2019, 02:35 PM

I have been using jb4 for over a year and today I'm getting these error codes. I did a search on the error codes and some of these are jb4 related. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

121002 MAP sensor, short to ground
120408 Reduced power mode
12BD52 Lambda probe before catalytic converter, line error: interuption pump current line
118401 Mixture Control AFR too lean

My car has ******* **, Agency Power intake, exhuast system and jb4.
(#1648)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 05-07-2019, 09:58 PM

If I activate WMI on all maps, will it use the additive set point or function as simple on/off according to window/rpm and boost activation set points? I'm considering using map 5 with WMI, but I'm not sure if additive amount is active in such an application. Please let me know... Thanks.
(#1649)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 05-08-2019, 07:31 AM

I have run Map 5 with WMI by setting Trigger mode to 1 and it felt pretty good. I think meth additive is only active on map 7, and Map 5 is a fixed +6 additive? The additional meth fueling helps that map though if your octane sucks.
Someone from BMS can confirm for sure but it does work.

Why are you considering switching to 5? You had such great results on 7...

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1650)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 05-08-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
I have run Map 5 with WMI by setting Trigger mode to 1 and it felt pretty good. I think meth additive is only active on map 7, and Map 5 is a fixed +6 additive? The additional meth fueling helps that map though if your octane sucks.
Someone from BMS can confirm for sure but it does work.

Why are you considering switching to 5? You had such great results on 7...
It's getting to 100+ again and DME starts wabbling. I never tried just Map 5 and WMI. When I did it the other day, the car was much better and consistent. I'm anxiously waiting for final BEF+JB4 maps to be worked out. I'll go that way as soon as they are. This is just an interim fix. Lol.