N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E88
Default IAT wires - 09-08-2018, 12:12 PM

What would cause an IAT to show a temp of 1?

Could wires be swapped or broken?

I finally went in for the airbag recall, expecting the techs and dealerships to create more damage. And clearly they did as always. Why can't recall work be done outside a dealership!?

At the Arlington location They filled the tank, which scares me. I expect it's the typical cheapest they can find. As I am leaving the jb4 mobile app shows that IAT is reading 1 and it's 85'F out. Then the engine malfunction and assorted annoyances set in.
29D8
29A2
29E2
2C58

Getting home I INPA+ it and there's numerous codes. before they touched it, there were zero. There were no issues and running absolutely great. So I'm tracing things down, did they break the stock or jb4 wires? Or break or damage the IAT sensor? Or possibly this and other things ?

There is never anything good that comes from a dealership visit. There are always more issues, most you'll end up dealing with later.

This might not be as bad as when their incompetence at the Dallas location "forgot" to make sure the engine motor mounts were bolted in, among a half dozen other things they messed up.

As many know, some regions have a special level of incompetence. Dealerships are the most corrupt groups egregiously and repeatedly breaking and creating issues that will eventually extort more from unsuspecting drivers. All involved who perpetuate this should be in prison. but hey, profits!
(#2)
Old

Car: E88
Default Running good again - 09-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Well Inspecting the IAT and wiring, it appears a connection was loose and there was grease/goo there. Very, very odd.

Anyways, I cleaned the IAT, checked all wiring, cleaned all connectors thoroughly and pressed wires into connectors and connectors firmly to one another and voila, the car is running great again! I have a proper IAT showing, the computer is happy, and the car is without issue..

SMFH.

Always be the best technician you must be, to avoid being screwed over.

I wonder how many vehicles are afflicted by this kind of negligent abuse.

Now time to go find a cute dress for partying tonight.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2018, 04:31 PM

Glad it's sorted!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.