N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cansting
Can like you give me some part numbers so I can make a meth kit or? No?
Sure, it's all here. Pick your tank, pick your nozzle, and make it a full kit. I suggest a single BM10 to start. But if you want to go dual then run dual BM5. The FSB wires up per our installation guide and then email me for the JB4 integrated firmware so you have proper safety systems running it.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#502)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt2
Default 08-24-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Can like you give me some part numbers so I can make a meth kit or? No?
We are still testing and it is not officially supported yet.
(#503)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt2
Default 08-24-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Got the CSV logs?
Let me know what you guys think please.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2018-08-23 19_35_35.csv (10.1 KB, 36 views)
(#504)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 08-24-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Correct
Cool, I am running a two stage snow kit, one nozzle right after the intercooler and the other half way between the intercooler and throttle body. Both nozzles are snow #2, one coming on from 1psi and incrementally increasing up to 12psi and the 2nd stage coming on at 13psi.
Attached Images

(#505)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 08-24-2018, 01:27 PM

Can I use my own pump or do I have to use one of yours? Can I use my own reservoir? I work at a shop and I get good deals on stuffs... so basically I need the fab most importantly it seems? I can get nozzles aswell I was gonna use a m7 tho but will use m10 now

Thanks Terry.. sorry I'm bothersome
(#506)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2018, 01:39 PM

You can use whatever you'd like, just need our FSB to run the pump and solenoid. But we make good stuff and have good prices.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#507)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson
Let me know what you guys think please.
Looks OK, but since the firmware is still a work in progress better to just email me the logs for now, so when I see something I want to change I can reply with a firmware change.

Burger Motorsports

(#508)
Old

Default 08-24-2018, 02:17 PM

Do I need to run your solenoid or can I run a pressure switch?
(#509)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2018, 02:25 PM

You need a solenoid so the JB4 can cut off meth flow quickly when needed.

A pressure switch would be used to turn on the system and isn't needed since the JB4 is running that via the FSB electronically.

Burger Motorsports

(#510)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 08-25-2018, 12:24 PM

Just ordered my down pipe today! Thoughts on power gains?
(#511)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2018, 05:54 PM

I'm skeptical that they do much with the stock turbo, would be nice for someone to do a before/after dyno test. Maybe install at a shop that has a dyno handy?

Burger Motorsports

(#512)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1 3.3t
Default 08-25-2018, 11:13 PM

Hey all, just wanted to report I had my second engine issue with the Stinger GT1 today.

1) 100% stock - Misfires around 750 miles on ODO, dealer replaced Plugs / Coils and was good to go for another 600 miles (before mods).

2) Modded - Driver turbo blew in 4th around 4500rpm. 2300 ODO Metal bits in the intake, pressurized oil into the exhaust. Thick billows of white smoke and a lot of oil, perhaps all the oil.

Will let you know if the local dealer can confirm the exact cause of failure and repair estimate in the next few days.

Mods:
JB4 v4 FW w/Fuel Control - 100 Octane race gas @ Map5
HKS 45il Plugs @ 0.25
Borla S-Type Exhaust
Injen Intake
HKS SQV Blow-off valves
Tork Oil Catch Cans
(#513)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2018, 09:16 AM

First I've heard of a blown turbo on the platform! Curious to see what happened internally on it.

You've got long list of mods.. Something like the BOV, if not calibrated properly, could be related.

Burger Motorsports

(#514)
Old

Default 08-27-2018, 07:51 AM

So I want to go 11.8 for no paticular reason... lol..
(#515)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-27-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
So I want to go 11.8 for no paticular reason... lol..
wonder what you mean...
(#516)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2018, 10:54 AM

Weather is cooling down and we're all going to start pushing the platform harder. Expect to see a lot of great track times soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#517)
Old

Default 08-27-2018, 10:59 AM

I'll order the meth stuff next week I think
(#518)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 08-29-2018, 09:47 AM

18_41_34.csv

2018-08-28 17_28_09.csv

map2 launch.csv

Terry, I tried to send these to you through the stinger forum but it didn't work. Here are 3 logs if you can take a look at please. My main concern on the logs is the AFR between 3200-4200RPM seem to be quite lean. Example in Map2 Launch 15.4psi and 16.1 AFR. After seeing this i zero'd the fuel bias and it still stays pretty lean. it will richen up shortly after. It does this in both map 2 and 6. I have not tried map 1.

Edit: forgot to add. Running 93 octane.

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Denso plugs gapped to .025
K&N cone filters
JB4 with fuel wires
(#519)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 10:12 AM

That the transition point to full throttle where it will always be delay as fueling response lags boost slightly. Nothing to worry about. Also 1-2 shift has alot of stuff going dynamically with TM interventions etc. You need to get a log of a sustained run in 3rd or 4th to get a sense of how its working. A few seconds in first or seconds is not enough to make any informed decisions.
(#520)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
That the transition point to full throttle where it will always be delay as fueling response lags boost slightly. Nothing to worry about. Also 1-2 shift has alot of stuff going dynamically with TM interventions etc. You need to get a log of a sustained run in 3rd or 4th to get a sense of how its working. A few seconds in first or seconds is not enough to make any informed decisions.

KLR STINGER, Here is a log from 45-100mph from yesterday on Map 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-28 18_40_33.csv (9.0 KB, 43 views)
(#521)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 12:41 PM

That's a better log. AFR pretty solid, with room to lean up a bit up top in 4th. Timing is tracking boost with nothing spooky. I've got no concerns looking at that. Terry's the expert though.
(#522)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
That's a better log. AFR pretty solid, with room to lean up a bit up top in 4th. Timing is tracking boost with nothing spooky. I've got no concerns looking at that. Terry's the expert though.
Thanks! Only thing I wish I could get around is the lag from launch control. On the launch CSV I added above, you can see the car stages, starts to roll then stops dropping to 1700rpm and then kicks in and goes. A few videos of the awd cars shows they don't do this. It done this stock as well. Gives my buddy in his stage 3 ST (when mine was stock) a moment of hope when going from a dig haha.
(#523)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 12:54 PM

Yes, I feel your pain. like 4-5 tenth in there if we could launch like a proper AWD car. That's only going to get solved via flash tuning as it Torque management limits to save the trans.
(#524)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 08-29-2018, 01:44 PM

I had a spirited drive with a Hellcat today.. it had rims and exhaust and sounded and looked great.. from 60-125 we were basically even using Map 2.

I rolled down my window and gave him a thumbs up.. He got but hurt and pulled off the highway without a single acknowledgement..

It was a good thing though as I put myself into limp mode... haha
(#525)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 01:48 PM

Lol