N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default JB4 for Mustang Ecoboost - 09-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Hi Folks - My stepson just got a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost and hes asking when a JB4 will be available. Anyone know the answer?

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intakes
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
(#277)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Soon, actually! We're working on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: 2018 Raptor
Default 09-10-2018, 11:53 AM

My apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere in this long thread, but is there a specific E85 map? Any issue running a full tank of E85 or should it only be blended? Also lets say I've been running 91 and get down to a 1/4 tank and fill up with E85 - how do I know when to start using the E85 map (if a specific one is required)?
(#279)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2018, 02:55 PM

For E85 there isn't a specific map, but all maps are E85 compatible. I'd suggest starting with a 30% mix. So maybe 6-7 gallons E85, rest pump, for example. We're not ready yet on the tuning end for 100% E85 but we're working on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#280)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Some EcoBoost updates:

1) Tuned an EcoBoost Ford Mustang today, required a minor harness change we'll move in to production ASAP. Car is so much more fun tuned. Will share some data shortly on it.
2) We've also got the JB4 up and running on our 2013 F150 EcoBoost. It's also a unique harness and in production.
3) Our 2015+ applications all passed the rigorous emissions testing so it's only a matter of time now before we can offer them in CA.

Burger Motorsports

(#281)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 09-14-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For E85 there isn't a specific map, but all maps are E85 compatible. I'd suggest starting with a 30% mix. So maybe 6-7 gallons E85, rest pump, for example. We're not ready yet on the tuning end for 100% E85 but we're working on it.
What is the mix for e85/91oct for the raptor to run map 7
(#282)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2018, 04:31 PM

30-40%. They have big tanks so plan accordingly.

Burger Motorsports

(#283)
Old

Default 09-14-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
30-40%. They have big tanks so plan accordingly.
So 11-14 gallons with its 36 gallon tank...
(#284)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 02:32 PM

If I just purchased jb4 form you this week does it already have the latest firmware?

Just installed jb4 and seeing about 3 psi increase on map1. from 13-14 to 16-17. I am in vegas so it is a little hot right now. Gonna get some e85 on the way home and try map 5 and 7.
(#285)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 03:11 PM

Just finished installing on my 2018 raptor, updated the firmware to v3 and went for a drive. How long does it take this to adapt or start working? I tried maps 1,2,5 and finally 0, and nothing was different from stock. I added Boost1 and Boost2 to the gauge display and under WOT from a stop boost never exceeds 15.9. Are those readings accurate? Is that actual boost or what the ECU thinks it's targeting before the JB4 modifies it?

I guess it's worth mentioning I'm near Denver and we only have 91, so maybe that's hampering it - although I have no problems running a 93 map on my other 2017 Raptor that was modified by Hennessey.
(#286)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 09-15-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfinatic
Just finished installing on my 2018 raptor, updated the firmware to v3 and went for a drive. How long does it take this to adapt or start working? I tried maps 1,2,5 and finally 0, and nothing was different from stock. I added Boost1 and Boost2 to the gauge display and under WOT from a stop boost never exceeds 15.9. Are those readings accurate? Is that actual boost or what the ECU thinks it's targeting before the JB4 modifies it?

I guess it's worth mentioning I'm near Denver and we only have 91, so maybe that's hampering it - although I have no problems running a 93 map on my other 2017 Raptor that was modified by Hennessey.
You should try Map 2---that should be fine premium fuel and give you about 5PSI over stock.
(#287)
Old

Default 09-15-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
You should try Map 2---that should be fine premium fuel and give you about 5PSI over stock.
That's the thing - no matter what map I've tried boost according to the JB4 app is maxing at 15 which is stock. I was almost on empty so I filled up with 14gal of E85 and 19gal of 91, drove it about 5 miles, and switched to map 5. Feels slightly faster, but boost is still not going over 15 under WOT from a stop all the way up to 80+. Heard some after fires on deceleration which is new. Man I wish I could take the motor from my AMG GTC and throw it in this!
(#288)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Post a couple JB4 logs here if you want me to check them out!

Burger Motorsports

(#289)
Old

Default 09-16-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Re-thinking what you said--sounds like its not even hooked up to your sensors?
(#290)
Old

Default 09-16-2018, 12:48 PM

You mind taking a look at my logs?

I did 5 runs, 91 oct map1, 91 oct map2, e35 map5 twice, and e35 map 7

Attached Files
File Type: csv map 1 91 oct.csv (10.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: csv map 2 91oct.csv (11.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv map 5 e35.csv (12.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: csv map 5 e35 part 2.csv (9.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv map 7 e35.csv (11.5 KB, 45 views)
(#291)
Old

Default 09-16-2018, 01:51 PM

That will have to be for Terry---i don't know how to interrupt the logs, he is the master at that.
(#292)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-17-2018, 06:00 AM

From what I see in the logs they look okay, the ethanol blend makes a huge difference.

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
From what I see in the logs they look okay, the ethanol blend makes a huge difference.
For sure! Map 7 has the traction control freaking out in 2wd. What have you guys found is the best way to launch for 0-60? High 4wd? 4 Auto?
(#294)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 01:09 PM

I was doing some 0-60 pulls today and had a weird thing happen in only map 7. From a dead stop I floor it and it takes off good but when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear there is a huge lag before it upshifts. Feels like a good 1-2 seconds before it shifts to 2nd but shifting to 3rd and up is just fine. It only does this on map 7. 0,1,2,4,5 all feel normal. What do you guys think it is? Here are the logs.

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-17 10_19_04.csv (12.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-17 10_18_04.csv (19.0 KB, 32 views)
(#295)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
I was doing some 0-60 pulls today and had a weird thing happen in only map 7. From a dead stop I floor it and it takes off good but when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear there is a huge lag before it upshifts. Feels like a good 1-2 seconds before it shifts to 2nd but shifting to 3rd and up is just fine. It only does this on map 7. 0,1,2,4,5 all feel normal. What do you guys think it is? Here are the logs.

It is your traction control stepping in for sure! Disable TC (if you brave, gonna spin) or put it in 4WA mode and I bet you will not feel it! WAY to much power to throw just at the rear wheels---
(#296)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
It is your traction control stepping in for sure! Disable TC (if you brave, gonna spin) or put it in 4WA mode and I bet you will not feel it! WAY to much power to throw just at the rear wheels---
No this was in 4 auto with traction control off. It wasn't spinning when I hit the gas at take off but the shift lagged
(#297)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 02:49 PM

Hmmmm Ok--Ill guess the guys will get back to you on that
(#298)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 08:08 PM

Looks like it over-revved in to the limiter cutting boost. I'd limit boost in 1st gear as a test. Maybe to 3psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#299)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2018, 05:16 PM

Jeff T (who used to work at BMS) came by today with his 2016 Ford Taurus SVO. Turns out it uses the same connectors as the 2011-2016 EcoBoost motors we have in production. So of course I sent him home with a prototype JB4... Stock boost was around 17psi, we set it to 21psi peak for now tuned. Fun car! He reported he got a great price on the car, like 13k+ off sticker! No wonder Ford isn't making any money on cars these days.

Name:  IMG_20180918_170528025.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  245.8 KB
Name:  IMG_20180918_165027271_HDR.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  222.7 KB
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#300)
Old

Default 09-20-2018, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Looks like it over-revved in to the limiter cutting boost. I'd limit boost in 1st gear as a test. Maybe to 3psi.
How do I do that?