N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 03-22-2017, 09:46 AM

Only time will tell the fate of this product's reliability....I'll keep people posted on my experience since I purchased the kit (and yes, I just installed it 2 nights ago just to realize I need to upgrade the fuel line - *sigh* oh well)
(#52)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 03-22-2017, 10:21 AM

thankfully i do my own work on my car because i'm sure installing this kit 3 times like i had to could get costly. probably would add up to the amount the fuel it kit costs lol.
(#53)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-22-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greased up deaf guy
thankfully i do my own work on my car because i'm sure installing this kit 3 times like i had to could get costly. probably would add up to the amount the fuel it kit costs lol.
Thats what I was saying in my previous post !
(#54)
Old

Car: 335i m sport
Default 03-22-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio @ MMP
If there is an issue someone has I will take care of it. Suggestions and improvements are taken on.
That right there is why I am a proud MMP supporter. Mauricio listens and fixes as needed. As for the inlets, mine were a little close too, could not get the gap as mentioned in the install directions, however I zip tied mine away and been fine ever since. Thanks for the awesome products/support Mauricio!
(#55)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 03-22-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TySky07
Only time will tell the fate of this product's reliability....I'll keep people posted on my experience since I purchased the kit (and yes, I just installed it 2 nights ago just to realize I need to upgrade the fuel line - *sigh* oh well)
if you can work in small spaces you may be able to replace it without removing the entire intake manifold again, that's what i did. my hands are all cut up from it but at least it's not a fire hazard anymore.
(#56)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Thats what I was saying in my previous post !
+1
(#57)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 03-22-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_gasm
That right there is why I am a proud MMP supporter. Mauricio listens and fixes as needed. As for the inlets, mine were a little close too, could not get the gap as mentioned in the install directions, however I zip tied mine away and been fine ever since. Thanks for the awesome products/support Mauricio!

Playing copycat with cheap parts and then doing damage control because you cut corners is not customer service.
(#58)
Old

Default 03-22-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greased up deaf guy
if you can work in small spaces you may be able to replace it without removing the entire intake manifold again, that's what i did. my hands are all cut up from it but at least it's not a fire hazard anymore.
Damn, that's impressive. I had to remove the manifold, gives me confidence of a secure connection.
(#59)
Old

Car: 335i Cp TiAg JB3 DCI
Default 03-23-2017, 06:17 PM

I have received some questions from customers if they have the latest lines and clamps. They have been shipping with the latest lines and clamps for several weeks. I will post a picture up here a little later with what the latest look like in case my customers are wondering.

Stock Turbo 500whp 540wtq with MMP inlets
http://mmp-e.com
  • inlets (high flow and one piece silicone)
  • high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#60)
Old

Default 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM

Here is the updated line and clamps that have been shipping for a while now
Attached Images

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development

Last edited by Mauricio @ MMP; 03-23-2017 at 06:31 PM..
(#61)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default mmp install - 05-02-2017, 08:47 AM

I wanted to share my experience installing on a buddy's car. His car has Pure high flows, fuel it stge 2 lpfp, fbo, jb4, bms backend flash.

I am no professional mechanic first and foremost. Nor do I want the tone of this post to be rude or disrespectful to the mmp brand what so ever. Just had to share my thoughts. For the price you get what you pay for on this kit. Thats why the competitor's brand is twice as much, comes pre assembled for the most part, and is of notably better quality.

To begin with mmp sent better clamps so no big deal there. The hp fuel line T attachment was cheap plastic. The injectors just had a cheap plastic feel to them and some were even damaged near the spray head already. The metal sheathing around the spray tip.

The extrusion was cheap 6061 aluminum(I worked in a metal factory for years and am ME student at CSUF with materials training) Don't mean to be rude but seems like mmp copied the fuel it kit in solid works or another cad program and just changed the injector positioning. sourced cheap components, mass produced a cheap extrusion, and got cheaper than home depot quality components to turn a profit. When inserting the injectors into the bore holes of port rail the cheap material of injectors wanted to bend against the aluminum(yes we were being careful and not smashing them in) Even with finesse they bent. The whole kit just seemed cheap. That's the bottom line here. Cheap people pay twice.

Use gasket sealer on O-rings they like to pop off.

The kit works and it will make your car fast.

My friend's car then started to run bad after cranking up the boost. we had a hydrolocked engine. Cylinder 2 filled with ethanol.

Stockbimmer had all index 1 injectors we swapped to index 12. Let car air out 5 days. It started up but began to flood again. cylinder 2 filled with gas.

We removed the port injection and controller and car running fine now. Guess maybe injector 2 malfunction. I understand mmp does not manufacture only source and provide kits. But the quality of this one is sub par in my opinion. Good luck and safe driving. Thanks for reading
Attached Images

E92 335i stock turbos wedge e60 MHD, VRSF ** ceramic coated, vrsf 7" Dinan axle back FF exhaust, vrsf chargepipe w/tial bov, injen DCI, Forgestar F14 deep concave Federall RsRR 265 40 19 fuel it stg2 lpfp

Last edited by ASM_N54; 05-02-2017 at 09:06 AM..
(#62)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-02-2017, 09:30 AM

Yeah, the plastic T for fuel line scares me. Im going to try and find a nice aluminum Y to replace that with. I too had headaches with this kit. I will say that it works. No issues whatsoever so far .
(#63)
Old

Default 05-26-2017, 07:19 AM

I made some changes to the port injections kit. New fuel line, new fittings, new finishes, new looks, same great price

All available on my website
https://mmp-e.com/collections/produc...nitrous-option

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#64)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 05-26-2017, 01:34 PM

I haven't installed my kit and these fitting look way stronger then mine. How can I get my hands on these ones?
(#65)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335i
Default 05-26-2017, 07:50 PM

For people who already bought mmp PI kit how do we get the upgraded line and t fitting?
(#66)
Old

Default 05-26-2017, 09:15 PM

Looks like Precision Raceworks kit, even the photos are exactly the same. Gotta call a spade, a spade when I see it.
(#67)
Old

Default 05-26-2017, 09:50 PM

Yeah precision raceworks sells my PI kits just as I sell their fuel pumps. Good eye you can see it right in their product description it says MMP PI kit

If anyone bought a PI kit from me previously and wants the new fuel line, just email me with your order number and picture of your current fuel line and you get the new one for free, only need to pay for shipping.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#68)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-27-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah precision raceworks sells my PI kits just as I sell their fuel pumps. Good eye you can see it right in their product description it says MMP PI kit

If anyone bought a PI kit from me previously and wants the new fuel line, just email me with your order number and picture of your current fuel line and you get the new one for free, only need to pay for shipping.
New kit purchased! When can we expect them to start shipping?

DocRace Top Mount w/ Precision BB 6266 - JB4 G5 - BMS Pump flash - 650HP AD-E Intercooler - BERK Race Exhaust - Fuel-It Stage 2 Fuel pump - ER Chargepipe w/ TIAL BOV - 560whp @ 20psi on 93 octane only
(#69)
Old

Default 05-28-2017, 09:34 AM

i have almost 100 in stock ready to ship. It will ship Tuesday right after memorial day holiday. thanks for the purchase.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#70)
Old

Car: X6M & M2
Default 06-02-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:

Sounds great but feel weird about purchasing a kit now and then another update comes out later that should of been done from get-go no ?
Not the first time folks complain
Can you confirm when someone with F series gets this installed?

Quote:
I made some changes to the port injections kit. New fuel line, new fittings, new finishes, new looks, same great price

All available on my website
https://mmp-e.com/collections/produc...nitrous-option

Quote:
i have almost 100 in stock ready to ship. It will ship Tuesday right after memorial day holiday. thanks for the purchase.
Thanks looks good

F90 M5
(#71)
Old

Car: 135
Default 07-26-2017, 12:16 PM

I saw on another forum, that the Mmp PI kit utilizes knock off bosch injectors & many have had issues with them leaking right away.

Just a fair warning, if you recently installed and are having odd cold start issues and what not.
(#72)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Thumbs down 07-26-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hunglow
I saw on another forum, that the Mmp PI kit utilizes knock off bosch injectors & many have had issues with them leaking right away.

Just a fair warning, if you recently installed and are having odd cold start issues and what not.
Not surprised..
(#73)
Old

Default 07-26-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA55
Not surprised..
I feel pity for these guys that have this kit. Try & cut corner on something important like fueling, only to find out the manufacturer cut more corners.
(#74)
Old

Default 07-26-2017, 05:21 PM

The injectors are not "knock off" Bosch. They are made by FoMoCo stamped and serialized, that's Ford Motor Company and are licensed by bosch to make the Bosch design. Anyone that has had a problem I have always taken are of them.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#75)
Old

Default 07-26-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
The injectors are not "knock off" Bosch. They are made by FoMoCo stamped and serialized, that's Ford Motor Company and are licensed by bosch to make the Bosch design. Anyone that has had a problem I have always taken are of them.
Why does your DIY show genuine Bosch?

You must take care of a lot, don't you get tired of sending out fixes & revisions?

Between new pi injectors
Turbos
Fuel line fittings
Countless outlets- USPS most love you