N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 02-22-2017, 03:36 PM

Yeah I must say Mauricio and MMP is a new company with really great customer service with competitive prices. Although there are known problems that rise up here and there, but he always seems to take care of his customers. This is why I will continue to buy from MMP.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 02-22-2017, 07:40 PM

Class move Mauricio! Excited to put this kit to the test...
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i Cp TiAg JB3 DCI
Default 02-24-2017, 05:57 AM

All the new bolt clamps went out yesterday to everyone as well as a new improved Tee fuel quick connect fitting going out in all the new kits that is easier to install.

Stock Turbo 500whp 540wtq with MMP inlets
http://mmp-e.com
  • inlets (high flow and one piece silicone)
  • high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#29)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 02-24-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio @ MMP
All the new bolt clamps went out yesterday to everyone as well as a new improved Tee fuel quick connect fitting going out in all the new kits that is easier to install.
that's awesome man, good move
(#30)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 03-20-2017, 06:36 PM

update: i went outside this morning to start my car, haven't touched the thing in probably a week or so since all of the snow we've been getting in the northeast. i noticed a strong smell of gas and even though i have a fully c@tless setup i still smelled way too much e85. thankfully before i pulled off i checked under the hood and there was a tiny hole in the fuel line going from the tee to the fuel rail of the port injection plate. it was pissing everywhere, so obviously the fuel line isn't made up to par just as the clamps originally. i had to go to my local auto store and buy some 5/16 fuel line hose to replace it and get my car operable again. really regret going with this kit even though it was a cheaper option. the fuel line i bought at the store today seems so much better quality than the one supplied in the kit. my advice for anybody running this kit would be to replace that line immediately. maybe he'll do something like he did for the failing clamps and send everyone a new one...
(#31)
Old

Car: e92 2007 335i
Default 03-20-2017, 06:44 PM

same thing happend to me. i used leftover fuel line from my fuel it kit. all good now

JP workz ST 6266 Gen 1
(#32)
Old

Car: X6M & M2
Default 03-20-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greased up deaf guy
update: i went outside this morning to start my car, haven't touched the thing in probably a week or so since all of the snow we've been getting in the northeast. i noticed a strong smell of gas and even though i have a fully c@tless setup i still smelled way too much e85. thankfully before i pulled off i checked under the hood and there was a tiny hole in the fuel line going from the tee to the fuel rail of the port injection plate. it was pissing everywhere, so obviously the fuel line isn't made up to par just as the clamps originally. i had to go to my local auto store and buy some 5/16 fuel line hose to replace it and get my car operable again. really regret going with this kit even though it was a cheaper option. the fuel line i bought at the store today seems so much better quality than the one supplied in the kit. my advice for anybody running this kit would be to replace that line immediately. maybe he'll do something like he did for the failing clamps and send everyone a new one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky335i
same thing happend to me. i used leftover fuel line from my fuel it kit. all good now
Have any install pics?

F90 M5
(#33)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 03-20-2017, 10:29 PM

I wonder what's going to fail next?
Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon..
(#34)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 03-21-2017, 01:12 AM

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should offer a stainless braided line as an extra option, while including a higher quality fuel line as standard.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#35)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 03-21-2017, 08:23 AM

Maybe all these things were addressed with the fuel it kit....

Why cheap out on a system that adds more fuel to the motor? Charge pipe, sure....Crap gaskets, fuel line, tees..No thanks. Does the hassle and potential hazard justify the money you saved?
(#36)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-21-2017, 10:26 AM

ricers buying ricer crap. stick to fuel it
(#37)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

Today I recieved a new fuel line and clamps. Maybe everyone will be getting them
(#38)
Old

Default 03-21-2017, 02:59 PM

We all take a risk on anything when we try to save money over something else. To have a lower price on something, you have to make cuts on quality to still stay profitable. If I bought his kit, I would know there a risk that parts might not be up to par. There is a reason that Fuel It kits cost a lot more, you get what you pay for.
(#39)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 03-21-2017, 03:07 PM

That is my question...Why would you cheap out on something like a fuel delivery system.? I get buying a cheap charge pipe. I don't understand why you would by cheap parts that could result in a car fire.
(#40)
Old

Default 03-21-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalN55
That is my question...Why would you cheap out on something like a fuel delivery system.? I get buying a cheap charge pipe. I don't understand why you would by cheap parts that could result in a car fire.
I'm assuming as far as the fuel line and fittings, he wasn't expecting them to fail. I'm sure it was an oversight on his part and I would guess since he's a pretty standup guy, he'll probably ship replacements to anyone who bought the kit and is requesting them and also change the lines and fittings in the existing kits he selling.
(#41)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 03-21-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
We all take a risk on anything when we try to save money over something else. To have a lower price on something, you have to make cuts on quality to still stay profitable. If I bought his kit, I would know there a risk that parts might not be up to par. There is a reason that Fuel It kits cost a lot more, you get what you pay for.
Exactly, even if the parts are "cheaper" so to speak you would still expect the kinks to be worked out in testing.... From what I've seen it doesn't seem like testing was done though. :/ Fuel-It FTW.

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#42)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 03-21-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greased up deaf guy
no but i'm sure i'm not the only one dealing with this, this will literally happen to everyone who installs this kit. much like the melting of his silicone outlets that he blames on installation. (i had to zip tie mine out of the way.)
That was me with the melted outlets. They were junk. I have tweanty plus years in manufacturing, and it was clear that they were cheap Chinese garbage with no quality control. He has been doing a good job on damage control, but at the end of the day, he is copying products, cutting corners, and selling at a lower price. He won't last.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#43)
Old

Car: 135
Default 03-21-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky335i
Good to know you added 1 quality piece to that P.O.S.
(#44)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 AW/CR
Default 03-21-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
That was me with the melted outlets. They were junk. I have tweanty plus years in manufacturing, and it was clear that they were cheap Chinese garbage with no quality control. He has been doing a good job on damage control, but at the end of the day, he is copying products, cutting corners, and selling at a lower price. He won't last.
+1

Surprised hes made it this far. Anyone who has had a MMP product in hand can realize corners were cut on hardware, clamps, fittings, etc. Shame that a community embraces such inferior quality product only because cost and that he has "good customer service"

I've never had an issue with cheaper products as the consumer usually wins. In this case, the product is always at a sacrifice of quality. Gouging the market and other community vendors by lowballing an inferior quality product at a lower price point to be appealing to the uninformed is a not a movement I support
(#45)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-21-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I'm assuming as far as the fuel line and fittings, he wasn't expecting them to fail. I'm sure it was an oversight on his part and I would guess since he's a pretty standup guy, he'll probably ship replacements to anyone who bought the kit and is requesting them and also change the lines and fittings in the existing kits he selling.
Time is money. Even if he replaces parts and such, what about labor ?? Theres a LOT of guys who are not mechanically inclined and pay to get stuff like this done. So if thats the case, the owner still gets stuck paying AGAIN to tear down all needed to get to the fuel line and clamps. For the guys that are capable of install, doing double labor still sucks because you have to take time out of your day (time is money to most of us) to fix SOMEONE ELSES MISTAKES ???
(#46)
Old

Default 03-21-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Time is money. Even if he replaces parts and such, what about labor ?? Theres a LOT of guys who are not mechanically inclined and pay to get stuff like this done. So if thats the case, the owner still gets stuck paying AGAIN to tear down all needed to get to the fuel line and clamps. For the guys that are capable of install, doing double labor still sucks because you have to take time out of your day (time is money to most of us) to fix SOMEONE ELSES MISTAKES ???
As I stated before, we all roll the dice when we buy cheaper products, possibly sacrificing quality for saving money. I obliviously don't like when anything fails, but I also rarely buy cheap stuff either and I do all the work myself to reduce the risk of stuff coming up even though there's always unexpected things that can happen. If anyone runs until an unfortunate circumstance like this one, you just have to use it as a lessons learned towards future purchase decisions.
(#47)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 03-22-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
As I stated before, we all roll the dice when we buy cheaper products, possibly sacrificing quality for saving money. I obliviously don't like when anything fails, but I also rarely buy cheap stuff either and I do all the work myself to reduce the risk of stuff coming up even though there's always unexpected things that can happen. If anyone runs until an unfortunate circumstance like this one, you just have to use it as a lessons learned towards future purchase decisions.
+1

I have some vrsf stuff in my car also, the hardware that came with those items were junk, but i believe they have some quality control on thier end.

As said above, i have never seen a platform so blindly follow a new vendor, and bash anyone that questions them. Same thing over at e90 with frankenturbo.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#48)
Old

Default 03-22-2017, 07:44 AM

Suggestion taken and line has been replaced with the Kevlar reinforced line fuel it uses from aeroquip.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#49)
Old

Car: X6M & M2
Default 03-22-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio @ MMP
Suggestion taken and line has been replaced with the Kevlar reinforced line fuel it uses from aeroquip.
How can we rest-assure future orders won't have issues?
Why were none of the questions asked here answered?

Thx

F90 M5
(#50)
Old

Default 03-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfDeath
How can we rest-assure future orders won't have issues?
Why were none of the questions asked here answered?

Thx
If there is an issue someone has I will take care of it. Suggestions and improvements are taken on.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development