N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Coupe
Default jb4 firmware help - 11-21-2016, 05:55 PM

So I finally got around to hooking my laptop up to my jb4 via the mac interface app. I have searched but haven't found anyone else that has firmware version 28/05/2 which is what mine says I have. Should I try to update the firmware? Also, are there any other values that I should change?

Thanks in advance for any help.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2016, 07:10 PM

Check the jb4 sticky for addl info.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-22-2016, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Check the jb4 sticky for addl info.
I have read through all of that. However, I can't find anything about the firmware version that I have. I only see like 4 different ISO firmwares.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-22-2016, 04:39 AM

I'm trying to see that if based on my current firmware, if I will be able to upgrade to the latest ISO firmware?
(#5)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M Sport
Default 11-22-2016, 05:23 AM

I think your current firmware came out over 1 1/2 years ago. Do as Terry said and pay particular attention to the red text in the second post within the JB4 sticky thread.

2010 535i M Sport - Platinum Gray/Dakota Black/Anthracite Bamboo
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, ER Charge Pipe, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 160 LED angel eyes
(#6)
Old

Default 11-22-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL
I think your current firmware came out over 1 1/2 years ago. Do as Terry said and pay particular attention to the red text in the second post within the JB4 sticky thread.
I have read through the thread multiple times. However I do not know if my firmware came out before or after the 3/1/15 firmware.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2016, 10:01 AM

I suggest you update to the newest firmware and settings.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.