N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: Bmw m2 f87
Default 08-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
HPFP is about maxed.

If you decide you want to upgrade the LPFP and run PIO, let us know and we'll hook you up. We have a couple of our new PI systems running on M2's but nothing on the X yet to my knowledge. Same motor but obviously a different platform.
What system I can use in my m2?
(#27)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 08-07-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanoo
you can get the fuel-it stage 2 lpfp for the F series n55 & the F series n55 port injection kit.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-08-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
you can get the fuel-it stage 2 lpfp for the F series n55 & the F series n55 port injection kit.
This is correct. You can install our F-series Stage 2 LPFP upgrade and we have a new port injection kit that we developed for the S55 that is also compatible with the N54 and N55. There are a couple M2's running it as well, including this one...

Name:  M2 dyno.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  144.5 KB

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#29)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 08-12-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
This is correct. You can install our F-series Stage 2 LPFP upgrade and we have a new port injection kit that we developed for the S55 that is also compatible with the N54 and N55. There are a couple M2's running it as well, including this one...

Attachment 52514
Nice!!

**Updated first post*** with Map4 logs from 3 different days on these hot humid summer days For anyone curious to see stock logs on a X4 M40i

Cheers
(#30)
Old

Car: Bmw m2 f87
Default 08-17-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Attachment 52514
In your web side is the f series n55 pi or s55 the pi I need?
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2016, 11:01 AM

You are an F-series, but send us an email at info@fuel-it.com

We have a couple M2's running our port injection kit but they run the newer one (s55) so I want to make sure you get the correct kit for your car.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#32)
Old
Registered Users

Default 08-21-2016, 12:21 AM

bump anyone with M2 post stock and map1 and map2 logs to compare
(#33)
Old
Registered Users

Default 08-21-2016, 05:02 PM

Some intensive WOT logs with e30 blend
map1, map2 and map7

These logs wouldnt upload due to size (guess doesnt like long logs)
- http://www.***********/u/fsociety/e27...10-14-15-18-23
- http://www.***********/u/fsociety/e27...10-12-15-19-23
- http://www.***********/u/fsociety/e27...-6-10-12-23-18

Adding ewg-add on connector tomorrow and will be upping to e40
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2016-08-20 00_06_23.csv (78.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: csv 2016-08-19 16_31_18.csv (86.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: csv 2016-08-20 00_02_55.csv (86.8 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 08-21-2016 at 08:41 PM..
(#34)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 08-21-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanX4M40i

WHOA!! Hold your horses. If the HPFP is maxed, adding more ethanol is going to cause it to crash. Until you add the better LPFP or PIO, I would not add more ethanol. In fact, I would dial it back.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 Kenne Bell F150 Lightning - FOR SALE
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#35)
Old
Demigod

Default 08-21-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Some intensive WOT logs with e27 blend
map1, map2 and map7

These logs wouldnt upload due to size (guess doesnt like long logs)
- http://www.***********/u/fsociety/e27...10-14-15-18-23
- http://www.***********/u/fsociety/e27...10-12-15-19-23
- http://www.***********/u/fsociety/e27...-6-10-12-23-18

Logs on Map 1 & 2 look good.
map 7 is really borderline risky because it looks like the HPFP is maxed out,
in some parts of the power band the HPFP is getting really really low, at times as low as 10 which really means imminent misfires and the HPFP is maxed. Like mike said I really dont think you should up the ethanol content because your HPFP cannot handle it, you should think about getting supplemental fuelling like PI or TBI, and maybe meth. otherwise you'll need to go to a less agressive map.

Last edited by Lowon; 08-21-2016 at 08:43 PM..
(#36)
Old
Registered Users

Default 08-22-2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
WHOA!! Hold your horses. If the HPFP is maxed, adding more ethanol is going to cause it to crash. Until you add the better LPFP or PIO, I would not add more ethanol. In fact, I would dial it back.
LMAO trust me its fine, Steve was just suggesting not to max it out.
My 435 ewg friend runs E36 all day long (5.4 gal e85 + 10.4 93) =D and i havent even hit e35 in this round, i was on e30

Quote:
Logs on Map 1 & 2 look good.
map 7 is really borderline risky because it looks like the HPFP is maxed out,
in some parts of the power band the HPFP is getting really really low, at times as low as 10 which really means imminent misfires and the HPFP is maxed. Like mike said I really dont think you should up the ethanol content because your HPFP cannot handle it, you should think about getting supplemental fuelling like PI or TBI, and maybe meth. otherwise you'll need to go to a less agressive map.
Thank you I looked at all my logs, Map7 did hit once 10 for split second, 11 and 12. But it still stood above 13+ across the board. It may or not be maxing out but due to not having EWG-add on right now could also be?
also remember car only has bms intake + jb4 obd2 w/ FF wires

Waiting to see what Terry and other guys say too.
Once you get your M2 should be interesting to see its potential as well.
Remember we're running higher boost than standard N55 so things can be a little different.

Def not getting PI or TBI not in my agenda going to use what my stock fuel system can do. I was thinking about Stg2 fuel pump but no point since its only the Low Fuel pressure upgrade is availalbe and the High is the weaker point.

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 08-22-2016 at 06:16 AM..
(#37)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 08-22-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
LMAO trust me its fine, Steve was just suggesting not to max it out.
My 435 ewg friend runs E36 all day long (5.4 gal e85 + 10.4 93) =D and i havent even hit e35 in this round, i was on e30

Thank you I looked at all my logs, Map7 did hit once 10 for split second, 11 and 12. But it still stood above 13+ across the board. It may or not be maxing out but due to not having EWG-add on right now could also be?

Waiting to see what Terry and other guys say too.
Once you get your M2 should be interesting to see its potential as well.
Remember we're running higher boost than standard N55 so things can be a little different.

Def not getting PI or TBI not in my agenda going to use what my stock fuel system can do. I was thinking about Stg2 fuel pump but no point since its only the Low Fuel pressure upgrade is availalbe and the High is the weaker point.
Increasing boost or rather holding higher boost towards redline (which is what the EWG patch is essentially for) and simultaneously upping your ethanol concentration when you're on the borderline will likely see your fueling crash (judging by your current logs), however you are of course free to test this for yourself

As for running higher boost than the standard N55, you may be doing so when stock, but your upper limit on both boost and fueling is the same as any other recent F-series N55 motor.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF

Last edited by Element; 08-22-2016 at 06:24 AM..
(#38)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 08-22-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
Increasing boost or rather holding higher boost towards redline (which is what the EWG patch is essentially for) and simultaneously upping your ethanol concentration when you're on the borderline will likely see your fueling crash (judging by your current logs), however you are of course free to test this for yourself

As for running higher boost than the standard N55, you may be doing so when stock, but your upper limit on both boost and fueling is the same as any other recent F-series N55 motor.
I have to disagree from personally logging a m2 over the last few days. If the X4 really does have the same setup as the m2 then he has more headroom when it comes to fuel than a normal f-series N55 (like my m235i).

I'm not sure what the difference is between the m2 and 235 in regards to fuel, but there has to be a difference. My buddies m2 hits way more boost than I do and over a bigger rpm range. He was seeing 17psi to redline on map 1 with 99oct. His trims and FPH were much better than mine.

Basically his map 1 is like my map7, but he holds more boost to redline than I do. Perhaps because the turbos are different...?

I will say we were running slighly differerent fuel mixtures though. He was 91oct with VP racing booster to 99oct.

I was e25 mixed with 99oct (with booster). So I should have less headroom than him.

Having said that though, and from my what I saw in his logs, the m2 is doing something different in regards to fuel management. RealOEM says the FPH and FPL pumps are the same. Also same fuel rail and injectors. So I think it might be different DME settings. I can't imagine BMW would up the power and boost on the m2 without doing something with the fuel to keep it in OEM safety margins. Maybe it's just the factory timing is handled differently...?

Last edited by Anthony235; 08-22-2016 at 10:17 AM..
(#39)
Old
Demigod

Default 08-22-2016, 09:28 AM

Also if you exceed 21 psi don't you have to change map sensors to a 3.5 bar? I'm not sure if the m2 and x4m40i have different sensor set ups or not.

(#40)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 08-22-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
I have to disagree from personally logging a m2 over the last few days. If the X4 really does have the same setup as the m2 then he has more headroom when it comes to fuel than a normal f-series N55 (like my m235i).

I'm not sure what the difference is between the m2 and 235 in regards to fuel, but there has to be a difference. My buddies m2 hits way more boost than I do and over a bigger rpm range. He was seeing 17psi to redline on map 1 with 99oct. His trims and FPH were much better than mine.

Basically his map 1 is like my map7, but he holds more boost to redline than I do. Perhaps because the turbos are different...?

I will say we were running slighly differerent fuel mixtures though. He was 91oct with VP racing booster to 99oct.

I was e25 mixed with 99oct (with booster). So I should have less headroom than him.

Haven't said that though, and from my what I saw in his logs, the m2 is doing something different in regards to fuel management. RealOEM says the FPH and FPL pumps are the same. Also same fuel rail and injectors. So I think it might be different DME settings. I can't imagine BMW would up the power and boost on the m2 without doing something with the fuel to keep it in OEM safety margins. Maybe it's just the factory timing is handled differently...?
Fair enough. I've yet to see anything solid log wise from an M2 that I can use as a basis of comparison, but as you mentioned the pumps on the low and high side are identical (as is the turbo by anyone's account so far) so any differences would have to be down to what the DME has been programmed to do. At the very least the target timing advance seems to be different compared to non-M N55's.

The logs above however leave me unconvinced. That said, I'm not saying that he shouldn't try push the boundaries, but if it were me I'd install the EWG connector first to see what the additional boost brings before revisiting the ethanol concentration (or visa versa).

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#41)
Old

Default 08-22-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Fair enough. I've yet to see anything solid log wise from an M2 that I can use as a basis of comparison, but as you mentioned the pumps on the low and high side are identical (as is the turbo by anyone's account so far) so any differences would have to be down to what the DME has been programmed to do. At the very least the target timing advance seems to be different compared to non-M N55's.

The logs above however leave me unconvinced. That said, I'm not saying that he shouldn't try push the boundaries, but if it were me I'd install the EWG connector first to see what the additional boost brings before revisiting the ethanol concentration (or visa versa).
Agreed.

I need my buddy to send me a copy of his logs so I can get them up on my monitor. I think it's the timing targets.

Also if I recall correctly his AFR target at redline was richer than most N55s I've seen.

I will also say that even though he was running more boost then me (especially at redline) that he was not faster than me during our multiple pulls (40-130mph). We were literally perfectly even.

m2:
BMS intake
Turbo back exhaust (no *****)
JB4

m235i
BMS intake
no *****
JB4
IC

Last edited by Anthony235; 08-22-2016 at 10:26 AM..
(#42)
Old
Registered Users

Default 08-22-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Judging my current logs? Only Map7 I did see 10-12 for less thank split second, still nothing as bad as hitting 10-11 for long period of time. If I may have missed it please point it out since just trying to understand and appreciate your time for looking.

I agree there may be a upper limit, but seeing from my posted Dyno w/o EWG-add on and no *** there power gain is more than standard N55. For ex, Dahler European Company has a tune for X3/X4 35i at 360-380HP & 480-550 Nm torque increase Max. For X4 M40i its 400-420HP & 570-590 Nm torque and according to them the M40i is still being in development with more room for torque.

Quote:

Haven't said that though, and from my what I saw in his logs, the m2 is doing something different in regards to fuel management. RealOEM says the FPH and FPL pumps are the same. Also same fuel rail and injectors. So I think it might be different DME settings. I can't imagine BMW would up the power and boost on the m2 without doing something with the fuel to keep it in OEM safety margins. Maybe it's just the factory timing is handled differently...?
Exactly, thank you

Quote:
Also if you exceed 21 psi don't you have to change map sensors to a 3.5 bar? I'm not sure if the m2 and x4m40i have different sensor set ups or not.
My Boost Safety is currently at 20 and it seems map1 or 2 hits 20.5 pretty often, I just increased Boost Safety to 21 in some other logs lets see. Some people are on 23 with standard N55 go figure.
(#43)
Old

Default 08-22-2016, 10:35 AM

I just don't think your turbo has much more to give over map1 from what I've seen.

You might be able to get more boost out of it, but there is no ROI in doing so. On the m2 we tried map2 which had more boost, but it didn't seem to benefit from it.
(#44)
Old
Registered Users

Default 08-22-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I just don't think your turbo has much more to give over map1 from what I've seen.

You might be able to get more boost out of it, but there is no ROI in doing so. On the m2 we tried map2 which had more boost, but it didn't seem to benefit from it.
Yep I agree thats what I'm thinking so, I have some Dyno's on the first page btw which shows exactly what you're saying in some way.

On my dyno's and roll-races I noticed Map2 adds some more torque def but WHP its about the same in my current setup (stock everything).
Should be getting EWG this week before I touch *** or backend flash

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 08-23-2016 at 06:00 AM..
(#45)
Old
Registered Users

Default 08-31-2016, 06:36 PM

Added EWG add-on on friday , I had about 12 gal of 93 added 4.5 gal of e85 on top before driving 50 miles to the drag-strip. and tested Map5 for 50 miles (drive) then at the drag-strip, ran map2 mostly after and then hit 1 or 2 runs with map7.

Today did 2 driving map4 logs, wouldnt upload due to size restriction so added them to ***********

http://***********/u/fsociety/map4-ew...-9-10-11-14-19

http://***********/u/fsociety/map4-ew...hg=2-4-10-15-1

Something interested I've noticed now after adding EWG-add on im noticing im able to log map4 doing more boost than my first few map4 logs w/o EWG control.

Hopefully with all these logs at dyno and drag we can understand this beast more.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2016-08-26 map7.csv (26.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 2016-08-26 map5(drag).csv (29.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv map2-drag.csv (25.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: csv map2-drag-2.csv (18.6 KB, 103 views)
File Type: csv map2-drag-3.csv (13.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: csv map2-drag-4.csv (27.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: csv map2-drag-5.csv (27.5 KB, 79 views)
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2016, 08:04 PM

I don't see why it would be over target on map4 with the EWG connector installed. I'd just remove the EWG connector, doesn't look like its doing much for your situation, anyway.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#47)
Old
Registered Users

Default 09-05-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't see why it would be over target on map4 with the EWG connector installed. I'd just remove the EWG connector, doesn't look like its doing much for your situation, anyway.
Very weird

Some more recent Map5 logs , FF learning down
Attached Files
File Type: csv 9-1-map4.csv (56.8 KB, 88 views)
File Type: csv 09-02_36-map5.csv (69.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv 09-02 17-map5.csv (13.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: csv 09-02 10_map5.csv (7.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 09-04 21_map5.csv (45.3 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 09-05-2016 at 07:01 PM..
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2016, 10:28 AM

Already responded to emails...

(#49)
Old
Registered Users

Default 09-09-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Already responded to emails...
Yep car is fine its an Overboost in the higher rpms from factory unfortunately only a backend is going to fix this and the JB4 throttle closures.