N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 135i (N55)
Default 07-21-2016, 01:06 PM

I believe you, I am just trying to get you to actually support it with logs, lol.

At the end of the day, you're right, the PPK does still break map 5. I wasn't sure about this at first, but I found a post by Terry specifically stating that the JB4 does indeed bias boost based on AVG IGN when in map 5.

I am just trying to piece together the actual facts here, mainly for myself, rather than make blanket statements. I did just flash the PPk myself too. I need to get some logs to see if any adjustments are in order myself still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen
Literally just twenty minutes ago on lunch it happened again. AVG IGN was 0.7 and I hit the throttle hard to merge on the freeway. Went up to 2.1 AVG IGN. I didn't log it, but it simply means some cylinders were having knock events that I don't get on Pre-PPK flash.
You're still operating under this misconception. Higher AVG IGN values don't necessarily mean your'e knocking. It also doesn't mean you're necessarily experiencing timing drops. It just means your current ignition advance curve is deviating from whatever BMS is calling the "maximum timing curve." Re-read terry's response in post #47. Your AVG IGN is high in that post, but he clearly states it looks normal for the aforementioned reasons. Your car could be running perfectly fine right now. It is only on map 5 what you mentioned would be an issue because of the whole "autotuning" based on AVG IGN situation.

Last edited by bNks334; 07-21-2016 at 01:24 PM..
(#77)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 135i, 2004 Nissan 350z
Default 07-21-2016, 01:14 PM

When I switched from non-ppk to ppk I noticed an increase of power myself.
I also noticed that the detected load increased. Which also increased avg.ign slightly.

I wonder if I can still find those logs. Same map comparison and everything.
(#78)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 07-21-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334
You're still operating under this misconception. Higher AVG IGN values don't necessarily mean your'e knocking. It also doesn't mean you're necessarily experiencing timing drops. It just means your current ignition advance curve is deviating from whatever BMS is calling the "maximum timing curve." Re-read terry's response in post #47. Your AVG IGN is high in that post, but he clearly states it looks normal for the aforementioned reasons. Your car could be running perfectly fine right now. It is only on map 5 what you mentioned would be an issue because of the whole "autotuning" based on AVG IGN situation.
I'm specifically saying when AVG IGN skyrockets. I could care less if it was at 2.0, and only slightly deviated vs say 1.0 on No-PPK with only slight deviation. What I am saying is, my AVG IGN will go up and down extremely quickly which is based on timing on cyl 1-6.
(#79)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 07-21-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but you just don't get it. You CANT test PPK if you have a BEF installed. The BEF would erase it. You need to do some reading up before you really mess your car up.
The 'test' was to see whether I could run PPK with high boost and dial in PI/PS2 (inc other supporting mods) - not literally test PPK!

You also need to be a little careful when you say "The BEF would erase it" as this is not completely accurate.

PM me if you wish to discuss further as I don't want to derail the OPs thread.

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

Last edited by keyap; 07-23-2016 at 03:22 AM..