N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: S3 8V
Default S3 8v JB4 OBDII doesnt work well - 01-13-2019, 01:23 PM

Hi Guys,

I have problem with work well JB with my s3.
So...

My jb in app (android) often dont shows RPM, IGN, IAT, AFR - shows only Boost and actual map. Boost shows in real time, but RPM, IGN = 0, when engine working. (screen)

Also,
when i try logging - sometimes RPM jams on 5 000 - 6 000 rmps and engine choking.

I check all connectors and dont found any bad thing.
I think the problem is in OBD, but why? Firmware ?

When i have RPM and others 0, also i cant read errors.

Sometimes JB works only 5 minutes, sometimes working 20 minutes..When i turning off the application or the engine does not help.

VW_JB4_OBDII_7_TEST4.hex

(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-13-2019, 02:24 PM

Have a picture of how you connected the OBD to JB4?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-13-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Have a picture of how you connected the OBD to JB4?
You mean this 4 pin cube?
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojteklu
You mean this 4 pin cube?
Yup

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Yee, look this.
14 stycznia 2019 - YouTube
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Everything looks good to me. Got a log we can take a look at?

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 03:50 PM

I upload - when JB working and not working.

Dropbox - Logs s3 - Simplify your life
(#8)
Old

Car: B9 A4
Default 01-15-2019, 11:03 AM

I had a similar issue with my 2018 A4. The symptoms I was seeing is that it would get the OBD signal properly most times, but sometimes after turning the car on it would not pick it up, and would only come back sometimes after a sleep cycle of the ECU. I couldn't replicate it all the time, but without fail the only time it would come back was after a sleep cycle.

Talked to George for a while and he suggested I try setting FUD to 1. Since I have done that I have never seen the OBD drop out. He mentioned it was the only time he has seen it with my model car.

I would say give it a try, but maybe best to wait for BMS to comment.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2019, 11:47 AM

Email george@burgertuning.com for any VAG support assistance.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 01-15-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsh
I had a similar issue with my 2018 A4. The symptoms I was seeing is that it would get the OBD signal properly most times, but sometimes after turning the car on it would not pick it up, and would only come back sometimes after a sleep cycle of the ECU. I couldn't replicate it all the time, but without fail the only time it would come back was after a sleep cycle.

Talked to George for a while and he suggested I try setting FUD to 1. Since I have done that I have never seen the OBD drop out. He mentioned it was the only time he has seen it with my model car.

I would say give it a try, but maybe best to wait for BMS to comment.
@antsh
Can U tell me where i can find FUD to change?

@Terry
Ok i will write to him. Thanks!
(#11)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-15-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojteklu
@antsh
Can U tell me where i can find FUD to change?

@Terry
Ok i will write to him. Thanks!
Got your email, it will be faster to resolve it there.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#12)
Old

Default 01-16-2019, 03:15 PM

I think problem has been solved . when i was driving, appeard Alternator fault.*I improve connect and now i drove about 100 kilometers. Jb dont have any jams.

Thanks for help ��