(#3551)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 02-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun
Terry:

I finally found the culprit of the vacuum leak, however I am uncertain if it is related to boost not hitting target. The Fuel Tank Ventilation line that is attached tot he back housing of the throttle body has a tiny crack in it. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...SABEgLaufD_BwE

Would that cause the boost issue? Thanks for your help!

Part # 13907636153
If that hose that attach to throttle body and cracked it's on the boost side and will leak before your intake so I guess it will be low on boost

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3552)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 02-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Thank you, Rushan, that does make sense. I will give the buyer of my car the money so he/she can buy the licenses.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#3553)
Old

Car: n54 335i
Default 02-03-2018, 09:09 PM

Thanks Rushan
(#3554)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default MHD JB4 BEF OPTIONS - 02-17-2018, 04:23 PM

Hi Terry:

I bought the jb4 mhd bef download and have a question regarding the 3 E85 options. Can you tell me the difference and advantages of choosing 1 over the other?

1. JB4_BB2_I8OS_E85_PI.bin
2. JB4_BB2_I8OS_E85_TS.bin
3. JB4_BB2_I8OS_E85_TS_THR.bin

Thanks so much!!
(#3555)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2018, 04:29 PM

Do you have port injection?

Do you have a twin scroll turbo manifold?

Do you have both and want a more aggressive throttle mapping?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3556)
Old

Default 02-17-2018, 04:36 PM

Terry:

Please disregard! I found the info on the 1st page under the MHD descriptions. Please accept mt apologies.

Back End Flash Map Templates

All the maps are included in to a single download file named by release date. Maps are organized by the file name using the specifications below. These templates are unlocked allowing you or your tuner to make whatever adjustments to base timing, AFR, and other factors you need.

JB4_BB2_[software version]_[fuel type]_[ST if for single turbo]_[PI if intended for port injection or TBI systems]_[TS for twin scroll single turbo kits]_[KR if knock sensors have been desensitized].bin

Software Version: IJE0S for MSD81 (most 2008 and newer cars), I8A0S for MSD80 (most 2007 and early 2008), INA0S for 335is models, and IKM0S for 1M models.

Fuel Type: PUMP is suitable for pump gas fuels and up to 30% E85, RACE has more aggressive timing curves best used with higher octane fuels, while E85 has timing and air/fuel ratios best suited to E40 and higher mixtures.

ST: This designates maps that are intended for single turbo applications. They run load, timing, air/fuel, and VANOS curves optimized for single turbos.

KR: This designates maps that have altered knock sensor sensitivity tables. We've found the platform highly susceptible to false knock, timing drops on higher octane fuels, particularly post shift, and desensitizing the knock sensors will reduce this tendency and improve performance. Alternatively the [KR] changes also increase the risk of engine damage if running the map outside of its octane/boost requirements and/or if actual knock occurs.

6/15/17 Map Release

1) Various minor tuning changes.
2) Added some THR maps for single turbo use with a more aggressive pedal to boost profile preferred by some drivers.
3) Added a BB2 version of INA0S PUMP which can be flashed with BB or MHD. The rest of the INA0S maps are MHD only. Will add the rest of the INA0S BB2 maps in the next update.
(#3557)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i coupe
Default 02-20-2018, 08:34 PM

I have an issue.

When trying to flash back to the stock bin, with a battery charger on the car (connected to the Terminals under the hood). The fuel pump runs the whole time and when the flash is complete. The car only cranks and won’t start at all. I tired many times and no luck. I can flash to a bef and the car will start. Please help

2008 Alpine White 335i E92, 6AT, Saddle Brown Leather, NAV, CF roundels, M3 steering wheel with M3 paddle shifters, Aero lip, painted kidneys (white / black), painted lower grilles (black), debadged, M3 spoiler, ST V1 coilovers, 19" CSL wheels.
, JB4 ISO 5, BMS DCI, AA Intercooler, Coolingmist methanol kit, Forge Diverter Valves, BMS 3", CPE Charge-pipe, BMS Oil T-state bypass, RB PCV
(#3558)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default Stock DME Backup - 02-21-2018, 10:19 PM

This is the first time I've tried doing the BEF thing so I want to be sure I haven't made any mistakes so far. Is there any way to confirm that the stock DME backup file I saved is good?

I have a 2011 335is with HW: 7639995.

The backup took over an hour but I accidentally started the backup with the JB4 on map 2. I stopped it 4 minutes in, changed to map 0, & then restarted the backup (at least I think I did, since the MHD option says: "Start/ Resume Backup").

I tried to attach a copy of the backup file incase anyone here can help but the 2mb file size is too big.

I'm planning on flashing the INA0S PUMP BEF via MHD tomorrow night, but I want to be sure I have all the correct files.

All aboard the Lakeshore Drive Express!
(#3559)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 02-22-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoBoiler
This is the first time I've tried doing the BEF thing so I want to be sure I haven't made any mistakes so far. Is there any way to confirm that the stock DME backup file I saved is good?

The backup took over an hour but I accidentally started the backup with the JB4 on map 2. I stopped it 4 minutes in, changed to map 0, & then restarted the backup (at least I think I did, since the MHD option says: "Start/ Resume Backup").

I tried to attach a copy of the backup file incase anyone here can help but the 2mb file size is too big.

I'm planning on flashing the INA0S PUMP BEF via MHD tomorrow night, but I want to be sure I have all the correct files.
2mb look like it's correct, that's the bin file size, make sure u have latest JB4 firmware as it automatically set you to map 0 when you connect your cable

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3560)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 02-24-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_335i_coupe
I have an issue.

When trying to flash back to the stock bin, with a battery charger on the car (connected to the Terminals under the hood). The fuel pump runs the whole time and when the flash is complete. The car only cranks and won’t start at all. I tired many times and no luck. I can flash to a bef and the car will start. Please help
Fuel pump is disabled with MHD so I guess you use the BB programm.
Sounds like your backup is not valid (probably a tune not a backup). You can use MHD to flash back to stock without a backup file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoBoiler

Don't oversweatit - MHD backup is completely optional (and may be removed later altogether) as the app has all oem maps to flash you back to stock without a backup.
(#3561)
Old

Car: 08' 335i E92
Default 02-27-2018, 07:32 AM

I have a older Rom on my MSD80 (I860S). Can i just flash the I8AOS BEF over it?
(#3562)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 03-19-2018, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslpower
I have a older Rom on my MSD80 (I860S). Can i just flash the I8AOS BEF over it?
yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSwede
Hi guys.

Is lean spool active in the I8A0S pump, race and E85 BEF?

I have some trouble with missfires in several cyl 1,4,5,6 during spool. Sometimes even in map 4.

Doesn't occur every time but AFR is almost always lean. Sometimes stuck at 20, next pull at 17-18. And sometimes at a more normal 15.

Attached a log of map4 with afr at 20 during spool.
post in the support section
(#3563)
Old

Default MHD JB4 BEF Colder Plug Gap Question - 03-19-2018, 04:03 PM

Hi Guys: Found the Vacuum leak: Intake O Ring in charge pipe got sucked in the motor!! Next issue at hand below:
Installed inlets to compliment my mods and understand running 1 step colder plugs prevents misfires. I gapped the colder NGK plugs 0.018" based on what I read and the power I am putting down. JB4 found several misfire codes two days later. Should I open the gap to 0.022"? Thanks for the advise.

mods are as follows:
BMS DCI intake
VRSF Inlets/Outlets
BMS Meth
Charge pipe, BOV
RB PVC
Running JB4 Map 7 E57
FMIC, Kittens, Full Exhaust, JB4 MHD BEF E85
(#3564)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 03-30-2018, 02:30 PM

I just bought another n54. It came with a cobb v2. Can I use the Cobb to load a bef? I'd rather use the Cobb to load the bef than buy another licence from mhd.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#3565)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 335is ST Port injection - 03-30-2018, 03:12 PM

I don't see a single turbo port injection tune on here for INAOS. I do see a hybrid turbo port injection. I assume this is for twins, correct?
(#3566)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2018, 03:24 PM

We have one, may not have posted it yet. Email me!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3567)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 03-30-2018, 03:44 PM

where can I email you?
(#3568)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2018, 03:44 PM

terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#3569)
Old

Default 03-30-2018, 04:21 PM

I just bought another n54. It came with a cobb v2. Can I use the Cobb to load a bef? I'd rather use the Cobb to load the bef than buy another licence from mhd.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#3570)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2018, 05:22 PM

Uninstall and sell Cobb to some sucker, and use MHD for $80 or BB for free to load the BEF. We haven't supported the Cobb platform for years for various reasons. Mainly their development didn't keep up to pace with even the free BB firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#3571)
Old

Default 03-30-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Uninstall and sell Cobb to some sucker, and use MHD for $80 or BB for free to load the BEF. We haven't supported the Cobb platform for years for various reasons. Mainly their development didn't keep up to pace with even the free BB firmware.
Thanks Terry. Maybe I will hang on to it, maybe one day it can be used to load bef or if I come across other custom maps.

(#3572)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default Uploaded PUMP BEF (I8AOS) - Runs, but stumbly - 04-14-2018, 01:54 PM

Hello,

I've looked around and don't recall seeing an answer to this - which suggests to me it's not required. Still, with my symptoms, I think it's best to ask...

I just uploaded the PUMP BEF via MHD.
The process went swimmingly.

Upon starting the car (after setting dash-accessible to 4/2 (enabling BEF I believe), the car runs pretty rough.
However, when I flip it over to 4/3, it smooths out.

I haven't gotten a chance to road test it as the weather here is brutal this weekend.

Does it need some time to 'adapt' to this BEF and then it will smooth out?
Do I need to reset adaptations to speed this process up?

New NGK @ 0.020 (was 0.022, but just closed a bit i the hopes it helps avoid the odd hit).
New Ignition Coils, Bosch.

Thanks!!
(#3573)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2018, 04:44 PM

With the BEF loaded 4/2 is required. Setting has no effect on idle so you may have something else going on. When re flashing the car some adaption is required.

Burger Motorsports

(#3574)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 04-14-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With the BEF loaded 4/2 is required. Setting has no effect on idle so you may have something else going on. When re flashing the car some adaption is required.
Thanks for that reassurance Terry.
I only got to idle, but I wanted to think it was improving after 5 mins.
Maybe tomorrow I can get it out if weather allows.
(#3575)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 04-15-2018, 12:22 AM

Hello guys. May be this was already answered before, but I can't find Single Turbo BEF for I8A0S to use with MHD flasher. I can only see IKM0S and INA0S.

Any assistance is appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------
2007 335i MT N54
MHD+JB4 Garret GTW3684 ST
FMIC, **, 3" *****, Fuel-It Stage 1, MF LSD.
------------------------------------------------------------