N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2701)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 07-05-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
I noticed the same thing.
+1 count me in, the burble it's amazing but the oscillating and jerking has been increased.
Hope MHD solve that problem at the earliest.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#2702)
Old

Car: 135i..First of the 1
Default 07-05-2016, 05:20 PM

OK MHD has burble but what about the ghost cam haha...more fun!
(#2703)
Old

Car: 2008 335 AT
Default 07-05-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Jameel
+1 count me in, the burble it's amazing but the oscillating and jerking has been increased.
Hope MHD solve that problem at the earliest.
Check out your menu 11 settings on the jb4, if it's set probably anywhere above 1.5 or 2k you will feel that surging because the car is calling for boost and is much more touchy at 5% throttle.. And the burble is trying to come on around that same throttle % so it's trying to do both things at the same time, a linear throttle mapping will not do that. Having a less linear more aggressive throttle will do this slight surging regardless of burble too. At least this is how my own experience has gone, now with menu 11 back at 0 I can rest my foot on the gas at highway speeds no oscillating or surging.
(#2704)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 07-06-2016, 05:10 AM

A beta 1.40 build was pushed, that features a fix for the low load jerkiness, as well a second duration slider for sport mode so user that have a sport button (1M, IS cars and DCT cars) or AT (in DS-M mode) can tweak the effect differently based on the mode (normal, sport).
Waiting for feedback on the jerkiness fix.

Opting in for the beta channel is here
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...hd.flasher.n54
(#2705)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335xi 6MT
Default 07-07-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
A beta 1.40 build was pushed, that features a fix for the low load jerkiness, as well a second duration slider for sport mode so user that have a sport button (1M, IS cars and DCT cars) or AT (in DS-M mode) can tweak the effect differently based on the mode (normal, sport).

Jerkiness at steady pedal is fixed.

Getting off the gas quickly is still rough.

I'll see if I can get a log of it after work today

E90 335xi 6MT - Deep Green
(#2706)
Old

Car: BMW e93 335i
Default 07-07-2016, 11:56 AM

tested the new update today, love that you can change so burble is only on the DS-M. felt no problem with the jerkiness, but I did not felr any problems before either

BMW 335i e93 M-sport 2007 AT Alpina B3 TCU, JB4 G5 whit MHD BMS backend flash pump
(#2707)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD

Martial, does this apply for BEF users as well? Been having an issue with low rpm jerkiness coming off throttle. Particularly noticeable in lower gears. 6MT. Also throttle jerkiness with cruise control downhill. Really annoying.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 07-07-2016 at 09:55 PM..
(#2708)
Old

Default 07-07-2016, 05:48 PM

When the burble option first came out, I was on aggressive 2 seconds and it popped and burbled like crazy loud

Now on the newest update (v1.40) I'm on 2 second base hard and it's a lot quieter and only burbles (when I tried 2 sec base and sport, nothing happened).

Manual transmission

Last edited by krazi3azn; 07-07-2016 at 09:53 PM..
(#2709)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM

I cannot upgrade to 1.40. When i open the link and click to install it shows that i am in the program, but there is no upgrade.
(#2710)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 07-08-2016, 10:51 PM

I loaded up the new MHD burble option with settings at 1.5 second duration and soft aggressiveness. My mods are in my signature and my exhaust setup is fully ********* with the BMW performance exhaust. I'm loving the new burble option Thanks Martial.

SOLD - FBO N54, Pure Turbos stage 2, TFT inlets, JB4/MHD, EOS intake manifold w/PI, Fuel-it stage 3
(#2711)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM

Hey guys,

Added some code to the JB4 firmware to switch to map 0 (and flash the blinkers once) if you connect the MHD and try to flash the car. To avoid support problems when people forget to put the JB4 on map0 before flashing and get confused. Tested it on our development cars and its working well. If anyone has time to test it out firmware is attached.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2712)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-09-2016, 12:15 PM

It will be very cool feature if the burble could be reproduced during upshift, like CLA 45amg for example. Better only in sport mode.
(#2713)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixercho
It will be very cool feature if the burble could be reproduced during upshift, like CLA 45amg for example. Better only in sport mode.
That farting sound?
(#2714)
Old

Car: 2009 135i MT
Default 07-09-2016, 12:47 PM

Anyone happen to had a DCAN cable in DFW? Trying to get a single turbo car running ASAP. Message me here. I'll buy it, I'll borrow it, I'll even pay a crazy rental fee.
(#2715)
Old

Car: BMW e93 335i
Default 07-09-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Added some code to the JB4 firmware to switch to map 0 (and flash the blinkers once) if you connect the MHD and try to flash the car. To avoid support problem when people forget to put the JB4 on map0 before flashing and get confused. Tested it on our development cars and its working well. If anyone has time to test it out firmware is attached.

Nice work Terry! it happened to me last week, I managed to solve it
Keep up the good work!

BMW 335i e93 M-sport 2007 AT Alpina B3 TCU, JB4 G5 whit MHD BMS backend flash pump
(#2716)
Old

Default 07-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixercho
It will be very cool feature if the burble could be reproduced during upshift
My car will do this sometimes on the upshift if I'm shifting like a granny. Could be cool if it was more reliable, but not sure if it would be annoying.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#2717)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppowisch
Nice work Terry! it happened to me last week, I managed to solve it
Keep up the good work!
I figure it will be more of an issue when people want to turn on and off the exhaust burble which can only be done via a flash time option.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2718)
Old

Car: 135
Default 07-10-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Added some code to the JB4 firmware to switch to map 0 (and flash the blinkers once) if you connect the MHD and try to flash the car. To avoid support problems when people forget to put the JB4 on map0 before flashing and get confused. Tested it on our development cars and its working well. If anyone has time to test it out firmware is attached.
Hey terry!

I never had this issue but I figured I would give your update a try .. I was a bit scared to test it, but I left jb4 on map 5 and attempting to a new MHD backed .. Worked like a charm ! Jb4 auto switched me to map 0 and continued the flash ! I did not see the blinkers flash, but I may have missed it when they did.. Also would like to add after the flash was completed my jb4 auto switched back to the original map I was on! Pretty sweet !!! Thanks again for your continued support !
(#2719)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 07-10-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD

Ok Now, I missed out the second duration slider, the burble same as befor nice work, but the jerkiness still, and i'm having it before the Burble option.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#2720)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 07-12-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Yes! Thank you Terry! I've managed to screw it up once before, too. Lol. Will load this up soon!
(#2721)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Default 07-12-2016, 07:22 PM

This might be a bit of a noob question so I apologize in advance; I currently have the JB4 blue tooth setup so it runs through my iPhone. With the backend flash coming from my android device (Samsung Galaxy Tab4) do I need to install the JB4 app on the Galaxy? Or can I continue to run it on my iPhone for data logging, etc.? Does the cable that connects into the Galaxy provide power? If so I may just find a good place to mount it and use that for data logging and monitoring.

07 335i BMS DCI, BMS Cowl Filters, BMS JB4, BMS Meth Kit, 3" C*tless Down *****, Full Exhaust, BMS Wheel Spacers, BMS CP and Tial BOV, OZ Bronze Ultraleggera Staggered 18s on Potenza RE71R,
(#2722)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 07-12-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDick
This might be a bit of a noob question so I apologize in advance; I currently have the JB4 blue tooth setup so it runs through my iPhone. With the backend flash coming from my android device (Samsung Galaxy Tab4) do I need to install the JB4 app on the Galaxy? Or can I continue to run it on my iPhone for data logging, etc.? Does the cable that connects into the Galaxy provide power? If so I may just find a good place to mount it and use that for data logging and monitoring.
Just use your Galaxy for flashing. Use your iPhone Bluetooth for JB4 stuff.

SOLD - FBO N54, Pure Turbos stage 2, TFT inlets, JB4/MHD, EOS intake manifold w/PI, Fuel-it stage 3
(#2723)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 07-13-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Martial, does this apply for BEF users as well? Been having an issue with low rpm jerkiness coming off throttle. Particularly noticeable in lower gears. 6MT. Also throttle jerkiness with cruise control downhill. Really annoying.
Yep, just make sure you have MHD 1.40, check the flash options and rewrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazi3azn
When the burble option first came out, I was on aggressive 2 seconds and it popped and burbled like crazy loud

Now on the newest update (v1.40) I'm on 2 second base hard and it's a lot quieter and only burbles (when I tried 2 sec base and sport, nothing happened).

Manual transmission
The latest version is more progressive and thus the interpolated timing is a bit less reduced. I'll need to add a new "harder" setting.

Quote:
Hey guys,

To anyone willing to help testing the map 0 switch, you can first test the map 0 auto switch feature by plugging in MHD and do "read codes". It will send the same message to the DME that the JB4 notice and use to switch to map 0. Or MHD store, or anything that requires a connection to the DME in MHD like reset adaptations.

Quote:
I figure it will be more of an issue when people want to turn on and off the exhaust burble which can only be done via a flash time option.
I am glad you're testing this automatic map 0 switch I suggested 2 weeks ago per email. You're right, adapting some settings to be modified on the fly is definitely on our list of things to develop.
(#2724)
Old

Car: 135i e82 n54
Default 07-16-2016, 10:23 AM

When i connect to jb4 mobile app and go to settings, read only, it doesnt give me any ecu related info. How do I find if I am msd80/81 ijaos i8aos or whichever version it may be.

Current: M140i
Previous: N54 - Forge BOV - Forge Chargepipe - Airtec Intercooler - DCI - VRSF - JB4 - LCA
(#2725)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-16-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_liam
When i connect to jb4 mobile app and go to settings, read only, it doesnt give me any ecu related info. How do I find if I am msd80/81 ijaos i8aos or whichever version it may be.
If your car pre 03/2008 it's MSD80 of newer it's MSD81

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle