N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default What would you have done? - 10-11-2013, 12:03 PM

Had a guy today claim that I cut him off in traffic. I rolled down my window to see what he was fussing about and he threw a half-full opened bottle of Coke in my car.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 10-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Full story:
I was going down the interstate (probably 95mph nothing too crazy) and this guy tried to cut over in my lane without his signal so I went around him. He got all butthurt, pulled up next to me at a red light. I rolled my window down and he fussed saying I cut him off and stuff then threw an open coke in my window. He tried to drive off, but he couldn't get away. I chased him onto the interstate and looked for something to throw at his car. All I found was a ***** so I threw it into his wheel well. Then I turned around and went on to walmart to clean my car out and then goto class.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with a car you can't outrun.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 10-11-2013, 02:17 PM

So I was standing in a rather large line at my local Wal-Mart today behind a couple families that I know from when I went to church with my family in year younger. It was the only register open so there wasn't much of another option to get my 12 pack of Mountain Dew for a party I was heading to. I was wondering why the line was going nowhere when I decided to poke my head up front to see what the holdup was. It was a little old lady who didn't have enough for her groceries and she was trying to talk the cashier into letting her get away with being short. This struck me as odd until I found out she was a mere $0.21 short of her purchase. Now all these families were just staring and there was even two making fun of her. I walked up and handed my soda to the cashier, handed him a $5 and told her to keep the change. One of the middle aged women (I knew these people, so I also knew that they all make over 6 digits) grabbed her kid and yelled very loudly, "See that man? He's acting just like Jesus wants us to." For some reason this set me off, so I turned around. I haven't shaved in awhile so I'm rocking some nice scruff, a Slayer shirt, and gym shorts, so it must have been a nice sight. Very loudly, I said "Like Jesus? Ma'am I'm an atheist who makes minimum wage and I was the one who stepped up to help her? Your hypocritical Christianity is an inspiration to us all." As I stormed out, a couple of the cart boys started to whistle and cheer, soon shoppers joined in and even the cashier. I gave a wave and went off with a feeling of accomplishment.

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-11-2013, 06:07 PM

Nice...you don't do what's right because the bible tells you to...you do it because we're all in this together...and its what's right! If you need the bible to tell you too... As for the other stuff...meh...people are people...and most just don't want to get involved...

That said...I did something similar a few years back and it backfired on me. The lady was short and I offered up the difference...she told me she didn't need my pity and basically told me to "F" off...

And most recently, my wife and I tried to help somebody else out that was in a bad way...won't get in to the particulars...now we have to go to court as a witness and the cops treated us like sh!t...a royal PITA and really, we were just looking out for the welfare of others.

BTW....after that rant I'm assuming you went out in the parking lot and jumped in your late model BMW...

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Had a guy today claim that I cut him off in traffic. I rolled down my window to see what he was fussing about and he threw a half-full opened bottle of Coke in my car.

I've always thought it would be funny for someone to do that. Or a Big Gulp. Or a lit cigarette butt.
(#6)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 10-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Someone tried to throw a half full coke at me on the INTERSTATE! Going like 70, it ended up blowing all over the side of their car and probably in it too.

Story is I'm driving to work with a co-worker of mine and we're in the HOV lane
at 7:30 in the morning. Heavy traffic, but not so much in the HOV. I'm doing 10 over (by gps not speedo) like I always do. Some dude flys up on me, starts riding my ass so i cant even see his license plate, and about 10 seconds later starts flashing his high beams. So I'm thinking sorry if I'm doing 10 over in the HOV during rush hour I'm not getting out of the HOV lane. After the 3rd or 4th time he flashes his lights I'm fed up. MASSIVE brake check, like not a tap, a very hard probably 20mph decrease brake check (btw I have full m3 brakes on my 335is) My coworker almost eats his phone that he's texting on. The dude behind me locks his brakes up and goes slightly sideways. I downshift and take off. About a mile or so later he catches up and swerves at me twice like hes going to hit me. Then tried to throw a coke at me. I dodged it and made my way through traffic away from him and dipped off.

Now, yeah, I shouldn't of brake checked him like that I know. Very dangerous. People should really have a little more respect on the road. I flash people to move over after about a minute of driving behind them and either they have room to get over, or are going under the speed limit. If you are gonna flash me and ride my ass I hope your brakes are good, that ******* probably flat spotted his sams club tires in his beater mercury.
(#7)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 10-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostninja
Someone tried to throw a half full coke at me on the INTERSTATE! Going like 70, it ended up blowing all over the side of their car and probably in it too.

Story is I'm driving to work with a co-worker of mine and we're in the HOV lane
at 7:30 in the morning. Heavy traffic, but not so much in the HOV. I'm doing 10 over (by gps not speedo) like I always do. Some dude flys up on me, starts riding my ass so i cant even see his license plate, and about 10 seconds later starts flashing his high beams. So I'm thinking sorry if I'm doing 10 over in the HOV during rush hour I'm not getting out of the HOV lane. After the 3rd or 4th time he flashes his lights I'm fed up. MASSIVE brake check, like not a tap, a very hard probably 20mph decrease brake check (btw I have full m3 brakes on my 335is) My coworker almost eats his phone that he's texting on. The dude behind me locks his brakes up and goes slightly sideways. I downshift and take off. About a mile or so later he catches up and swerves at me twice like hes going to hit me. Then tried to throw a coke at me. I dodged it and made my way through traffic away from him and dipped off.

Now, yeah, I shouldn't of brake checked him like that I know. Very dangerous. People should really have a little more respect on the road. I flash people to move over after about a minute of driving behind them and either they have room to get over, or are going under the speed limit. If you are gonna flash me and ride my ass I hope your brakes are good, that ******* probably flat spotted his sams club tires in his beater mercury.
Wow. You're a douche.
(#8)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 10-12-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32
Wow. You're a douche.

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#9)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 10-12-2013, 09:02 PM

Brake check is always a bad move. I find a brake boost gets the message across without the danger. Plus they get confused when they see brake lights but I pull away.