N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Talking New Smiley Spinning Shiv Face - 09-06-2013, 03:54 PM

EDIT 2: The ultimate expression of the "shiv" spinning face: http://mhuang.net/shivhead/ enjoy!

Made a modification of the "shiv" smiley on this forum:

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I made a new edition, I call it the "crazy" edition:

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC

Last edited by coolbho3k; 09-12-2013 at 11:15 PM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2013, 05:03 PM

lol

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: '07 335i e92
Default 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Really? Just when I thought I have seen it all...
(#4)
Old
Prodigal Son

Car: 535xi
Default 09-06-2013, 10:03 PM

This is funny.

Current Ride: Still picking one
(#5)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Default 09-12-2013, 04:45 PM

Just made a simple animation that is much smoother than the GIF and has music. http://mhuang.net/shivhead/

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#6)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-17-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
lol
hi terry, nice to see this forum picking up some. so, i like that you can lol at people. i lol at myself, and others. but, i will say, for reverse engineering the procede into the jb4 g5, you missed a crucial step in the code.

WG control by procede is pretty ideal. i can tell you about it, if you'll hear me and listen. i have 2 people now that have this issue, on some firmware that you have out there.

it's sporratic, and the codes are honestly strikingly similar to codes i received when i had a jb4.

a procede, while your direct competitor, has been out for the better part of 5 years, as it currently sits.

WG CONTROL has been an option forever.

shiv pioneered that.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbho3k
Just made a simple animation that is much smoother than the GIF and has music. http://mhuang.net/shivhead/
but, does shiv owe a lot of people better firmware, because he reverse engineered the procede from a jb4 g5?

nope!

"terry needs to fix the firmware files for the G5, boost control issues"
-Bryce
(#8)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbho3k
EDIT 2: The ultimate expression of the "shiv" spinning face: http://mhuang.net/shivhead/ enjoy!

Made a modification of the "shiv" smiley on this forum:

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I made a new edition, I call it the "crazy" edition:

honestly, for software design and QA, that's what i work on.

for tuning, shiv knows it. terry doesn't. he learns from shiv. go back to before you joined here. look at the history here. terrytuner started the drama
(#9)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Default 09-17-2013, 11:33 AM

Woha there. It wasn't Terry who made this. I just want to poke some fun. Don't get your panties all bunched up now.

(#10)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 09-17-2013, 07:31 PM

I don't believe Shiv is the "worst tuner in automotive history". His sales tactics and lies are one thing, calling him out on his tuning abilities is another. Lucky for all of us, the N54 is quite the idiot proof tuning platform.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#11)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Default 09-17-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
I don't believe Shiv is the "worst tuner in automotive history". His sales tactics and lies are one thing, calling him out on his tuning abilities is another. Lucky for all of us, the N54 is quite the idiot proof tuning platform.
More than half the meaning of my sig is satirizing all the hate BTW I'm relatively late to the whole N54 tuning scene and just found the long-running drama/feud interesting/funny.

Last edited by coolbho3k; 09-19-2013 at 08:47 AM..
(#12)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 09-27-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce
honestly, for software design and QA, that's what i work on.

for tuning, shiv knows it. terry doesn't. he learns from shiv. go back to before you joined here. look at the history here. terrytuner started the drama
I was there at the start when all that stuff went down. Some of the posts are still there on there on the e90post forum but a lot of them aren't. Terry started out just being curious about the tuning and then realized that the current tuning solutions circa 2007 weren't all that complex and quite overpriced. Sure there were tons of posts where Terry was asking Shiv and others questions and there is no denying that Shiv knows a lot and was actually open to offering advise.

I am sure the TerryTuner V1 was what really pushed Shiv's buttons. But at that point he couldn't ignore the fact that Terry was really onto something and basically revealed just how simple the Procede was. But for $65 Terry was making just as much power as the Procede was for a ridiculous price of something like $1300 back then. Before the TerryTuner, open discussions about tuning with this and that were quite common. Of course after the TerryTunerV1 moderation became Gestapo like. You couldn't even mention Terry's name without fear of being deleted and banned. Productive discussions about advancing tuning for the N54 pretty much died. That is what eventually lead to N54tech.com.

They both have evolved into successful platforms. Both have there good points and weaknesses. I can respect both tuners. But to say Terry cant tune is pretty ridiculous. The numbers and tons of customers cars should speak for themselves.

335is DCT
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
I was there at the start when all that stuff went down. Some of the posts are still there on there on the e90post forum but a lot of them aren't. Terry started out just being curious about the tuning and then realized that the current tuning solutions circa 2007 weren't all that complex and quite overpriced. Sure there were tons of posts where Terry was asking Shiv and others questions and there is no denying that Shiv knows a lot and was actually open to offering advise.

I am sure the TerryTuner V1 was what really pushed Shiv's buttons. But at that point he couldn't ignore the fact that Terry was really onto something and basically revealed just how simple the Procede was. But for $65 Terry was making just as much power as the Procede was for a ridiculous price of something like $1300 back then. Before the TerryTuner, open discussions about tuning with this and that were quite common. Of course after the TerryTunerV1 moderation became Gestapo like. You couldn't even mention Terry's name without fear of being deleted and banned. Productive discussions about advancing tuning for the N54 pretty much died. That is what eventually lead to N54tech.com.

They both have evolved into successful platforms. Both have there good points and weaknesses. I can respect both tuners. But to say Terry cant tune is pretty ridiculous. The numbers and tons of customers cars should speak for themselves.
Bryce is just a hater. He's been one for years and will probably be one until the day he dies. Most of these guys like Bryce have little understanding of what really goes in to designing a tuning a system like the JB4 or writing free flash software and never will appreciate any of it. They make claims of copying without understanding the fundamental differences in terms of both hardware and software behind each approach.

It's ironic he claims the JB4 rattles because I've had plenty of customers who rattled like crazy with the procede until they switched to the JB4. Turns out Shiv (Adrian, most likely, as Shiv is not an engineer) capped their wastegate duty cycle @ 30% while many need to go down to 10% or even 5% to stop rattle. At this point with JB4 27.2 and the recent developments I'm confident the JB4s ability to mask rattle exceeds the procedes ability to do so.

There is also little doubt which is the more popular, feature rich, and widely used tuning system. As I've said before Shiv is a brilliant guy in certain ways and a competent tuner when he wants to be but it takes a lot more than just tuning and the occasional good idea to satisfy 25,000+ customers as BMS has done since we started in 2007.

And, for the record, I think I'm a pretty good tuner.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old

Car: '07 335i e92
Default 09-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
And, for the record, I think I'm a pretty good tuner.

I couldn't help my self.