N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default Adjusting level on headlights - 05-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Has anone found a way on how to adjust the level of your headlights after the car its been lowered ?? I already turn both knobs to the max but still not a very good level
(#2)
Old
administartor

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselarajan87
Has anone found a way on how to adjust the level of your headlights after the car its been lowered ?? I already turn both knobs to the max but still not a very good level
Is your vehicle a sedan our coupe? What is going on with the headlights are they aimed too high or to low?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Banned

Default 06-04-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Is your vehicle a sedan our coupe? What is going on with the headlights are they aimed too high or to low?
my car is coupe .
I recently lowered the car with h&r sport springs. the headlights were pointing way to low so I turn the knlb on both headlights. they went up alittle but still not very good level at night.. I turn both know few times. then I just reach the maximum. . is there a trick out there to make them better?
(#4)
Old
administartor

Default 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
my car is coupe .
I recently lowered the car with h&r sport springs. the headlights were pointing way to low so I turn the knlb on both headlights. they went up alittle but still not very good level at night.. I turn both know few times. then I just reach the maximum. . is there a trick out there to make them better?
Check and see if one or both of your headlight level sensors are disconnected. Attached are some photos from under my E92. They are on the drivers side A-arms.

My headlights were aimed really low and the rear sensor was just disconnected somehow. I was worried for days.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Banned

Default 06-04-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Check and see if one or both of your headlight level sensors are disconnected. Attached are some photos from under my E92. They are on the drivers side A-arms.

My headlights were aimed really low and the rear sensor was just disconnected somehow. I was worried for days.
thanks for the detailed info. I will defenetely check if my sensors are disconnected .. do you think this might be the reason. or is it bcause I lowered the car?
(#6)
Old
administartor

Default 06-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
thanks for the detailed info. I will defenetely check if my sensors are disconnected .. do you think this might be the reason. or is it bcause I lowered the car?
When the car was lowered one of these may have become disconnected and never reconnected accidentally. You can just look under there with a flashlight and see. Touch the arm cause it could look connected and not be.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM

To change the rear springs the sensor must be removed or it will remove itself when the arm is lowered.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-05-2013, 06:48 PM

It can only go back in one way though.
(#9)
Old
Banned

Default 06-06-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom
It can only go back in one way though.
what do you mean?
(#10)
Old

Default 06-06-2013, 05:07 AM

Once removed you would have to try very hard to put in back incorrectly because of an alignment tab on the bracket.
(#11)
Old
Banned

Default 06-18-2013, 12:34 AM

all the sensors are conected
(#12)
Old
administartor

Default 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
all the sensors are conected
You sure those little servo arms in the photo are not upside down? I don't know if that is possible. Remove the arms from the chassis of the car and move the servo up and down manually and see if the headlights adjust. This will at least tell you if either servo is bad.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM

you can just manually adjust by spinning the knob right above the headlight unit itself. My light was pretty off after installing m3 control arms, and I just manage to manually adjust them.

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#14)
Old
Banned

Default 06-18-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by najin23
you can just manually adjust by spinning the knob right above the headlight unit itself. My light was pretty off after installing m3 control arms, and I just manage to manually adjust them.
I did that already to the max I can do it. they do adjust up but theres a limit on that knob and im all the way to the limit now . but still at night js nlt a bery good level. compare to before
(#15)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 06-19-2013, 06:59 AM

wait..I thought we only have left and right leveler for the adaptive headlights. Now, you are saying we also have automatic vertical leveler?

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")

Last edited by najin23; 06-19-2013 at 07:12 AM..
(#16)
Old
Banned

Default 06-21-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by najin23
wait..I thought we only have left and right leveler for the adaptive headlights. Now, you are saying we also have automatic vertical leveler?
theres sensors on your control arms i guess too, i just can figure out how to get a good level. i turn both knobs to the max but i still dont like the level
(#17)
Old

Car: 3000GT VR4
Default 05-19-2014, 08:46 AM

I had this problem but reversed. Pointed way up. Turns out the projector popped out of the headlight motor inside the headlight. Took out motor, popped plastic ball end back in, good as new. Big bumps can make it pop out

2007 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Jet Black/Blk Dakota
MODS:*MHD/JB4*BMS CDV & Clutch Stop*335is Mounts*E46 M3 Trans Mounts*I-Drive Retrofit*80W LED AE*VRSF **'s*Brembo's*
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 6MT - *SOLD*
*RB TT's*FBO*400+AWHP
Daily- '01 Mazda Protege 2.0L- MPG mode!