N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#851)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Any time you look at meth you'd want to look at advance. 21 on the default scaling is 42%. Normal operation is between 40-50%. The meth turn on has a variety of criteria including oil temps > 160, throttle > 70%, psi > 7.5, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#852)
Old

Default 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM

Quick question about mixing. Do you guys go by volume or by weight. I hear by weight is what really matters, but just curious what you guys usually do. I have the spreadsheet that calculates the amount of volume to use to meet the desired meth/water ratio.

2009 335i stock.....for now.
2001 Trans Am PT8285
2010 Escalade tow pig
2013 f150 ecopoop
(#853)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Kits are mostly kitted and ready to go. Now we just need FSB's to show up in the morning and we'll be in business!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#854)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 07-28-2011, 05:58 PM

Question.....the kit was running awesome until I ran low and the fsb prevented high boost, however can I bleed the air out of the meth line without unplugging the bung from the intake pipe? I would assume that I don't want to pump a bunch of ww fluid and meth down the intake while bleeding.....anyone have better way to pump out the air without taking off the bung? If I did bleed the line into the intake pipe...what may happen?

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#855)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36graduate
Question.....the kit was running awesome until I ran low and the fsb prevented high boost, however can I bleed the air out of the meth line without unplugging the bung from the intake pipe? I would assume that I don't want to pump a bunch of ww fluid and meth down the intake while bleeding.....anyone have better way to pump out the air without taking off the bung? If I did bleed the line into the intake pipe...what may happen?
just take the hose out of the nozzle
(#856)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Once you suck air in the pump you have two choices.

1) Race around for a day or more until the air slowly works its way out.
2) Disconnect the line going to the nozzle, stick it in a water bottle, and purge the system until the air is out of the pump.

You can't bleed the system in to the charge pipe with the nozzle connected. It won't let the air out in any reasonable amount of time.

Burger Motorsports

(#857)
Old

Default More kits available - 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM

When will more kits be available?
(#858)
Old

Default 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Could I install a switch valve somewhere after the pump that I could manually switch to purge the air in the meth line instead of unplugging the line down where the bung goes into the intake near the DV's (just a pain in the ars to get at)??? I was thinking to put a hose on this switch valve and running the hose back up to the ww tank so that when I purge the air out of the meth line it will end up back in the ww tank???

(#859)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 07-28-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No 535 testing yet. Will take a special bracket and creative WW access. But testing and developing that is on the to-do list.
I just ordered. I'll take pics and notes. I'm going to try to go through the WW cap, but I might drop the fender and do a bottom tank tap. I hope the hose is long enough for the test.
(#860)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-28-2011, 08:20 PM

How come my flow gauge sometimes goes up to like 80-90 percent sometimesbut majority of the time it floats around 50?

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR **'s : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF **'s : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#861)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruso0644
How come my flow gauge sometimes goes up to like 80-90 percent sometimesbut majority of the time it floats around 50?
You are probably running old firmware or put in a wrong setting. If you need help from me email me, if you want help from the forum throw up a post in the support section. On that note moved logs, etc, to support section as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#862)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Could I install a switch valve somewhere after the pump that I could manually switch to purge the air in the meth line instead of unplugging the line down where the bung goes into the intake near the DV's (just a pain in the ars to get at)??? I was thinking to put a hose on this switch valve and running the hose back up to the ww tank so that when I purge the air out of the meth line it will end up back in the ww tank???
Sure. But it takes around 2 seconds to unplug the line and stick it in a cup to catch fluid.

Burger Motorsports

(#863)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 07-29-2011, 03:56 AM

do you have in stock the meth elbows?shows out of stock for the AR.do you have any other meth elbows?time frame?thanks
(#864)
Old

Default 07-29-2011, 05:20 AM

It says out of stock but cart link is still up so do you still have some kits left? I am looking to install next weekend..

Thanks,
Michael
(#865)
Old

Car: 535 XIT
Default 07-29-2011, 05:23 AM

I asked the same question, I'm glad I'm not the only one .. " Yes, thats why we wrote we will remove the link when out." from Terry .
(#866)
Old

Car: 335
Default 07-29-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Kits are mostly kitted and ready to go. Now we just need FSB's to show up in the morning and we'll be in business!

i see my kit in the picture! its the third one on the left in the back!
(#867)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio
i see my kit in the picture! its the third one on the left in the back!
I have some bad news... there was a forklift accident this morning. All the kits managed to move out of the way but yours. It doesn't look good. We better talk in private about service arrangements.

Burger Motorsports

(#868)
Old

Car: 335
Default 07-29-2011, 09:32 AM

phew..the first part of that post got me real upset for a split second. haha
(#869)
Old
luvsmyride

Car: 135ci
Default 07-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I have some bad news... there was a forklift accident this morning. All the kits managed to move out of the way but yours. It doesn't look good. We better talk in private about service arrangements.
lol..

got my kit on order..

About the Interface settings on the JB4.. is there a link to a good guide for meth setup or can someone pm me settings to get me started.
I havent seen a good DIY either, as im a bit confused as far as wiring to the pump and solenoid.

Danke!

JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ ***+resonator delete mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BSH OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR **'s, Helix IC, meth
(#870)
Old

Default 07-29-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47
lol..

got my kit on order..

About the Interface settings on the JB4.. is there a link to a good guide for meth setup or can someone pm me settings to get me started.
I havent seen a good DIY either, as im a bit confused as far as wiring to the pump and solenoid.

Danke!
I'm not the most proficient guy, but everything you need to know is in the install guide on the first page of this thread. Just get a gallon of boost juice and a crimp tool ahead of time and you will be good to go.

2009 335i stock.....for now.
2001 Trans Am PT8285
2010 Escalade tow pig
2013 f150 ecopoop
(#871)
Old
luvsmyride

Default 07-29-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willizm
I'm not the most proficient guy, but everything you need to know is in the install guide on the first page of this thread. Just get a gallon of boost juice and a crimp tool ahead of time and you will be good to go.
Roger! thanks, well done DIY.. helped a lot..
Question about the "In" side of the solenoid, does the "in" side connect facing the pump?

thanks.

JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ ***+resonator delete mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BSH OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR **'s, Helix IC, meth
(#872)
Old

Default 07-29-2011, 12:49 PM

Just purchased kit, wife is heading out of town on Thursday so it will be an install weekend and play time...
(#873)
Old
luvsmyride

Default 07-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartpumper77
Just purchased kit, wife is heading out of town on Thursday so it will be an install weekend and play time...
You gonna receive it that soon? damn..

(#874)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM

Hey guys,

Updated the install guide with directions on the Washer Hijack method for feeding from the WW kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#875)
Old

Default 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Dang T.....I just noticed you posted this as I spent the last hour taking off the passenger side wheel cowl and installing another section of tube where I could push it all the way to the bottom of the reservoir and splice it to the original 38" hose, which only was at the base of the neck tube. I should get a low windshield warning that gives me enough time to top off.

Anyways...now I am happy as I went for quite a few runs on Map 3 and was extremely happy.